Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SocialBlade and other ways of tracking YT...

• 16-07-2012 1:14pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As I sure most of you know, Youtube's reporting has been pants lately.

Exceptionally pants.

I wondered if people had any advice on alternatives such as socialblade.com for keeping track of your channels performance?

I was also wondering if people had any idea about accuracy on these sites- socialblade is reporting 2,500 views for me on saturday which would be exceptionally huge for me on a day when I didn't release new material.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Vidstatsx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yup, VidStatsX is the better reporting service, despite what my SocialBlade partnership would say otherwise :P

Despite all this, sometime's YouTube's reporting to these stat aggregation services will be off, so daily video views and channel views will sometimes show 0 and then catch up again at some point with an inflated figure. So generally these sites are best for more closely checking subscriber numbers and for video view averages - whereas YouTube's own Analytics are best for day-to-day views, even though they're damn slow to update.

So in the case of http://vidstatsx.com/BrianVonDoom/youtube-channel, you'll notice those huge numbers on Thursday and Friday, but they make up for the many days showing 0 over the pat while. YouTube's own reporting though, will have accurate daily view counts.

Advertisement