Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband equipment ownership

• 16-07-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently canceled my upc broadband and phone contract. Everything was fine, i have had no problems with the upc service. On my first bill they charged me "other charges" of 89.99 for what i thought was the modem/router device. Now they are saying that was an activation or instillation fee and they want the modem back. Has anyone else had this problem do I own the modem ? My understanding was that i was buying a modem in at the beginning ? I am on the 32 euro per month contract. I have been a customer for exactly 1 year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You never own any equipment supplied by UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you have a netgear white wifi box plugged into a non wifi modem then that's yours, the black one is theirs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you have a netgear white wifi box plugged into a non wifi modem then that's yours, the black one is theirs though.

Forgot about the Netgear stuff.:o

Advertisement