Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dirty Laundry Punisher Short starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman

• 16-07-2012 1:24pm

As many of you know during RAW Studios: Past, Present, and Future panel, Tim Bradstreet and Thomas Jane unveiled their bad ass unofficial Punisher short film. It's a fantastic shot film which I hope may convince Marvel to allow Jane to make the Punisher sequel he has been talking about for years.

Possibly NSFW due to some rather nasty violence

Comments

10 minutes long and its better then the Ray Stephenson Punisher movie. Brilliant , thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The blood effects are shockingly bad (Battle Royale 2 comes to mind), but otherwise it's a brilliant short!

Although the bullet hole through the shirt and the bullet casing amongst the change are nice touches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That was really good... though was some of the soundtrack from the Dark Knight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

10 minutes long and its better then the Ray Stephenson Punisher movie. Brilliant , thanks for that.

It is better than the last punisher movie but the last punisher movie is better than the one that had thomas jane in it. if they could make something like this then i would be all for it but it would probably just end up being like the 2004 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

indough wrote: »
    It is better than the last punisher movie but the last punisher movie is better than the one that had thomas jane in it. if they could make something like this then i would be all for it but it would probably just end up being like the 2004 version.

I agree. The Punisher needs to get away from comic book and more real life. Excellent short though. Jane is totally underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

KenSwee wrote: »
    I agree. The Punisher needs to get away from comic book and more real life. Excellent short though. Jane is totally underrated.

Now that he's back at Marvel I presume they would tie him in to the rest of the universe if they make another one.

It would be a good opportunity to play up on the anti-hero aspects a bit more, he has no problem just shooting people he deems to be criminals which doesn't go down too well with the likes of the Avengers. Most of the other heroes often see him as a criminal himself. He'd be a brilliant juxtaposition to the clean cut marvel movie characters we've had so far if they do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I enjoyed Thomas Janes take on the character but the comedy killed it in places. Now this I would be on board for. Brilliant.

What I'd love to see is Jane use the short to try and get the directing job on any possible Punisher sequel or reboot. He's a damn fine director and has an obvious love of the character. The biggest problem with the Punisher he starred in was that it didn't feel like the Punisher, there was far too much of Frank Castle orchestrating the deaths of others at the hands of their loved ones and nowhere near enough scenes of Castle just going ape **** and killing a room full of mafia under bosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm full of admiration for Thomas Jane and his obvious dedication to Frank Castle. His letter to AICN about his reasons for pulling out of Punisher: War Zone is a fantastic read. I think his decision was wholly vindicated - what an absolute turkey it turned out to be. Ray Livingstone made a good Castle, but he was the only redeeming feature in an otherwise horrendous effort. Though its abject failure at the box office is probably why Lionsgate let the rights lapse back into Marvel's hands. Really hoping to see Jane reprise the role in any future project.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I just want my kids back

• Advertisement

People seem to be forgetting that there are in fact three Punisher films. The largely forgotten Dolph Lundgren starring film from 1989 is actually rather good fun. Anyone thinking of watching the film would be advised to ensure that they get the uncut version as at least 4 versions of the film exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I enjoyed that and actually I enjoyed Jane's Punisher when it came out, despite it's flaws.

The Joker's theme has lost it bite on me considering the amount of times it's been used in the past 4 years and the leader of that group needs to drink more milk, his bones were made of paper by how easy they broke :pac:

But, I've wanted to see another Punisher with Jane in it and this was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

People seem to be forgetting that there are in fact three Punisher films. The largely forgotten Dolph Lundgren starring film from 1989 is actually rather good fun. Anyone thinking of watching the film would be advised to ensure that they get the uncut version as at least 4 versions of the film exist.

i remember watching it when it came out but havent seen it since as i didnt really think much of it, i might give the uncut version a try now though as i never knew there was one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I always thought Thomas JAnes 1st Punisher was the best of the three the last one was pure and utter tripe, Was being violent for the sake of it and don't get me started on Jigsaw lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I always thought Thomas JAnes 1st Punisher was the best of the three the last one was pure and utter tripe, Was being violent for the sake of it and don't get me started on Jigsaw lol

This is what annoyed me about Warzone, they had Dominic West as Jigsaw and decided to go the Batman tv show route with campness....it could have been so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That was great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have seen all the Punisher movies so far and Janes effort was the best attempt so far, although I did enjoy Ray Stephensons movie.

I enjoyed Dirty Laundry and reckon Janes Punisher would slot nicely into a larger Nick Fury/Punisher mash up.

The darker character would particularly work well in the light (or dark) of the current Nolan Batman movies, which are too about a violent psychopath, without superpowers, who happens to beat the snot out of baddies, so it's ok!

I don't see much common ground between Frank Castle and Tony Stark but it would be fun to see them go toe to toe, plus given Black Widow and Hawkeye are fairly light in the superpower dept but still contribute I think the Punisher would be intriguing to watch, certainly more interesting than getting Spiderman in there or the god awful Fantastic Four.

Advertisement