Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats up with all the moblie phone repair shops in Moore st and similar?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭

They seem to be a whole class of shop where I wouldnt know why I'd need them and I dont see similar shops in the Dundrum centre :D. you tend to see them in the tattier parts of D1, Moore st Talbot st etc. What services do they actually provide. Are they are a cover for stolen phones? Is there a genuine market in "grey" phones because of phones bought abroad and what not?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

rent is cheaper in talbot st/Moore St than in Dundrum ...those kind of businesses do not make much money and those areas have plenty of footfall - so it makes more sense to have those businesses there as opposed to dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I work close to these and have used them on occasion. It makes sense for the business to locate in a cluster which brings customers into the area. Rent is cheap in that area too. These shops offer unlocking, repairs, second hand phones, etc. There probably are shops fencing stolen goods, but you could get that anywhere with second hand goods.

Advertisement