Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in DVD to gamestop?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Apologies if i post this in the wrong forum

I have a load of dvd's i want to get rid of and was wondering if gamestop take them and how much would i expect to get for them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You could ring ahead, but don't expect much for them. You might be better off putting them up on the likes of gumtree or adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CeX on Liffey St tend to offer better, more varied prices than Gamestop, especially on exchanges, but it's really not going to be all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

chin_grin wrote: »
    You could ring ahead, but don't expect much for them. You might be better off putting them up on the likes of gumtree or adverts.

yeah thought about adverts but tbh it would be too much effort, granted i would get more but it would just take too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You'll be lucky to see 50c a disc or 3 or 4 euro a box set, I'd rather give them to a charity shop then let them have them for those prices even if I needed the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    CeX on Liffey St tend to offer better, more varied prices than Gamestop, especially on exchanges, but it's really not going to be all that much.

Psst, check out OP's location. :pac:
    Hococop wrote: »
    yeah thought about adverts but tbh it would be too much effort, granted i would get more but it would just take too long

True. But if you're looking to get rid of them and a quick sell then bringing them in to the likes of gamestop would be ideal. There wouldn't be much difference between that and your local xtravision. Don't be shocked to get quoted for 1e or even less per dvd!

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    You'll be lucky to see 50c a disc or 3 or 4 euro a box set, I'd rather give them to a charity shop then let them have them for those prices even if I needed the money.

yeah money is not the main reason just trying to clear out stuff,

chin_grin wrote: »
    Psst, check out OP's location. :pac:

True. But if you're looking to get rid of them and a quick sell then bringing them in to the likes of gamestop would be ideal. There wouldn't be much difference between that and your local xtravision. Don't be shocked to get quoted for 1e or even less per dvd!

yeah heard some go for 20 cent but i just want to get rid of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Brought a bunch of DVDs to Gamestop last week, got a flat €0.95 pre DVD and €2 for each boxset. That was credit, would be around half that for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If it's not the money you want but just the space, put them up on Ebay as a set for a low price and somebody will buy them. I would rather know people are enjoying the item than have it sit in Gamestops warehouse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

at somepoint last week in gamestop along the jervis luas stop
    were doing 3 euro store credit for every dvd brought in
    although cash would of been about 20c a dvd

• Advertisement

saiint wrote: »
    at somepoint last week in gamestop along the jervis luas stop
    were doing 3 euro store credit for every dvd brought in
    although cash would of been about 20c a dvd

that would be great but some dvd's I cant see getting 3€ credit for

that would be great but some dvd's I cant see getting 3€ credit for

i handed in 50 dvds their to them not long ago ha
    got the full whack 150e store credit
    all because of xtravision :D

i handed in 50 dvds their to them not long ago ha
    got the full whack 150e store credit
    all because of xtravision :D

if its ok to ask how old were some of the dvd's?

if its ok to ask how old were some of the dvd's?

all between 2002-2010
    think one was even 1999 or 98 the air force one movie not sure when that was out

but i think it was only that week that they were doing it not sure
    go in to the shop or ring them up and ask
    its the one beside the luas stop on jervis
    they had it on a big sign outside the place

all between 2002-2010
    think one was even 1999 or 98 the air force one movie not sure when that was out

but i think it was only that week that they were doing it not sure
    go in to the shop or ring them up and ask
    its the one beside the luas stop on jervis
    they had it on a big sign outside the place

damn im around limerick might ring the stores around here and see what offers they have

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

yeah heard some go for 20 cent but i just want to get rid of them

They give disgraceful prices for them. Buy for cents, sell for 4-5 euro :rolleyes:

I generally give all my old DVDs to Limerick Animal Welfare on Thomas Street. They are always in need of stuff and your money is going to a great cause :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    They give disgraceful prices for them. Buy for cents, sell for 4-5 euro :rolleyes:

I generally give all my old DVDs to Limerick Animal Welfare on Thomas Street. They are always in need of stuff and your money is going to a great cause :)

you think thats bad?
    they buy brand new ipads of you that would cost you 600quid
    for 200 store credit ha not even cash
    i have fifa 12 and went to trade it in , they offered 4 euro i think for it
    amazing since the game is only like 8 months old and they would resell it for 30 euro preowned

you think thats bad?
    they buy brand new ipads of you that would cost you 600quid
    for 200 store credit ha not even cash
    i have fifa 12 and went to trade it in , they offered 4 euro i think for it
    amazing since the game is only like 8 months old and they would resell it for 30 euro preowned

yeah i agree with ye that some of the trade value is down right insulting i found for games hmv or xtra vision were the best for game trade in

yeah i agree with ye that some of the trade value is down right insulting i found for games hmv or xtra vision were the best for game trade in

yup
    although that CEX store seem to be up their with trade in value
    id prob get a 10er or even 14 for fifa 12 which is more expected then 4 euro

I saw one lad in a Gamestop a few months back with about 100 DVDs and 30 boxsets, they were offering him 32 euro for the lot. Gamestop would sell the box sets for 300 euro and the dvds for 400 euro, that's a pretty big mark up for them. I told that lad selling the DVDs to take them to adverts or ebay. He said that he didn't want the hassle of getting rid of one or two at a time but would rather donate them to a charity shop than give them to gamestop at those prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Trading with gamestop is a joke, i went in a while back to buy red dead redemption for xbox it was 20 euro. I went in the next day to trade it 80 cent they offered me! there making a fortune, id rather give the games or dvds away to some kids that would reall appreciate them.

well went in to gamestop got a fixed price of 90 cent per dvd and was happy with that as some of them are 9 and 10 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

GameStop used to be great for trading in DVDs, years ago I could bring in a full bag and get around €100. Now I'd be lucky to even get half that. In fairness they have also reduced the prices they sell them for, but there's very little value trading them in anymore. Shame, really

Anyone know how much Heartbeat City offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

FutureGuy wrote: »

They buy them for 90c credit, then sell them at €3.99 for two. I don't particularly like Gamestop, but that's not too steep and they are trying to make a profit.

The folks working at my local one say they get plenty of people who'll buy 2 dvds on a Friday and trade them in the following week towards another 2, so they're effectively getting a week's rental of 2 dvds for €2.20.

There's always rubbish ones there, but you can get some real gems too.

Advertisement