Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancona Fuel Abbeyside

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anybody know why the Ancona petrol station hasn't been selling diesel or petrol for the last couple of weeks in Dungarvan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Does anybody know why the Ancona petrol station hasn't been selling diesel or petrol for the last couple of weeks in Dungarvan?
    its prob on its way out!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Be a major shame to see it close, there's a lot of guys working there, which is mad considering they have no 'shop' as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

<snip>
    Brilliant garage, wish we had them in Kilkenny, everyone knows the rip off County.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

no loss really

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Does foxy tom still own it or was it leased out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

waterford wrote: »

Joe

leased out afaik,
    anyway it's belonging to his son Philip now, who is doing the tyres in the old texaco station.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I never got fuel there apart from the odd bag of coal, but it is a shame to see any business go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Brilliant garage, wish we had them in Kilkenny, everyone knows the rip off County.

Still closed and I noticed 2 fuel pump service vans in there and guys working on the pumps this week - would make me wonder if they are such a brilliant garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

hee hee, you mean 'Foxy Joe'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

wagtail99 wrote: »
    hee hee, you mean 'Foxy Joe'
    Is he still alive, haven't seen him in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

eirator wrote: »
    Still closed and I noticed 2 fuel pump service vans in there and guys working on the pumps this week - would make me wonder if they are such a brilliant garage?

i have seen pump service guys three days running, at a major dealership, so i would not take much notice of that.

The garage seemed to be running fine when I passed today, more power to them.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭southkilkenny

Tom,

Was there cars at the pumps getting fuel when you passed today or was it just people getting coal or briquettes?

Actually, I'm not 100% sure, I just saw activity there, cars and people. I will be around again on Tuesday I'll take a closer look.

Came past at about 4PM and looked and saw the sign outside saying that they weren't selling petrol.

Anyone got any news? Past by not an hour ago and the place was empty, pumps still off and I couldn't see any other "fuel" anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wereinIreland

Still no petrol or diesel. I can't imagine how they are still able to stay in business. No one still has any idea why they are not selling petrol or diesel?

Still no petrol or diesel. I can't imagine how they are still able to stay in business. No one still has any idea why they are not selling petrol or diesel?

They are definitely the cheapest for gas and probably coal but I won't buy gas bottles that are refilled by some back street place with no seals, it was extra for a sealed bottle last time I asked and even then the calor bottles didn't have genuine calor seals. The price difference was between the cheap refills and the genuine bottles is quite a lot (over a fiver) but as I keep a few full bottles in store I prefer the genuine article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Just passed Ancona, open for motor fuel. Diesel is 151.9, didn't notice the petrol.
    One thing I noticed when they were closed was that the price of Petrol and Diesel in Dungarvan. It was always cheaper than Waterford City but when Ancona closed the opposite happened, Waterford prices were cheaper.
    Just noticed that Coolagh garage has brought their price down from 154.9 to 152.9 for diesel, could be just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wereinIreland

Looks like the started selling it yesterday. I'm still curious why they didnt sell any for 6 months.

• Advertisement

Looks like the started selling it yesterday. I'm still curious why they didnt sell any for 6 months.

What I heard was the license elapsed and when the reapplied there were some conditions which had to be addressed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Open since Thursday, delighted for them to be honest.

The extra cents saved on a tank is a lot for some people, especially on the run up to christmas.

Glad all the staff are still there!

Are they even selling petrol?

Are they even selling petrol?

Diesel and Petrol since last Weds / Thurs.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Diesel and Petrol since last Weds / Thurs.

Not what it says currently at pumps.ie which is why I asked but that could have been wrong for months (or longer).

It's listed on pumps.ie as Independent Sexton Street, 151.9 diesel, 152.9 petrol (which is incorrect, it's 154.9).

Roanmore wrote: »
    It's listed on pumps.ie as Independent Sexton Street, 151.9 diesel, 152.9 petrol (which is incorrect, it's 154.9).

http://www.pumps.ie/viewStation.php?stationID=2699 is where I was looking.

That's strange, I was jogging past there tonight and they are definitely selling Petrol.
    Also the diesel has gone down one cent to 150.9

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarcor

Just in there today back up and running for petrol/diesel as well as coal etc. Prices as usually lowest in Dungarva

• Advertisement

Went in Sat afternoon to get some coal and there was a sign outside saying "Promotion cancelled by Gardai at 3pm". Anybody any idea what that was about, I only saw it as I was leaving so I didn't get a chance to ask.

Advertisement