Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone interference from router

Options
  • 16-07-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi I'm an eircom customer with an eircom broadband router.

I recently purchased 3 cordless phones for my house from a phone retailer. When I set them up I tested one out and when ringing somebody I could hear a fuzzy echo from the ringtone and then from the persons voice on the other end. My voice sounds fine to them and I have tested ringing the new house phones myself from my mobile and can't hear any problem. It would appear the issue is with the cordless phones.

The main phone base was connected to a filter (I received from eircom) with the other line going to my router. I decided to remove that and just place the main phone line into the wall. It seems the interference is greatly reduced so I can't see its a technical fault with the phones.

My problem is what do I do now? I need the router connection and there is no other phone point to connect it to. I must use the filter to get both the phones and the router. However there must be something to stop the interference on the phone which I am not aware of yet. I hope somebody can help me out. Thanks.

Also, I have tested changing the frequency of my router and that hasn't made any difference.

Advertisement