Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical Card Application time frame

• 16-07-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,032 ✭✭✭✭

Just Curious, I recall last year there was uproar about the disgraceful length of time it took for a medical application to be processed, in some cases I believe it took longer than 12 months.

I recently had to apply for a card and met the criteria, filled out the forms, supplied additional documentation etc and had my doctor sign the forms. Using the www.medicalcard.ie site, i commenced the application on line as it advised this is the quickest way to apply, once your criteria is met, the site issues you with a completion pack and an all important reference number. You print off the pack, have your doctor sign etc and send off the document/s.

Three weeks have passed, there is a facility to check on your application status by way of submitting your reference number, all I get is application is in progress and too contact them if I receive no correspondence by months end.

So my question, has anyone recently applied for a card, how long did it take to get approved or processed.

Thanks in advance!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Hi, I applied online last year same as yourself, it took about 5/6 weeks to process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,032 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi, I applied online last year same as yourself, it took about 5/6 weeks to process

Thanks for that, 5/6 weeks is not to bad!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement