Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 vs fallout new vegas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Project Nevada is a great mod. Adds a lot. FWE also good.

I found NV to be a lot more involving than FO3. It wasn't quite as atmospheric, but the lack of nuclear damage allowed them to imbue the Mojave with a lot more personality than the Wasteland. Though the Wasteland was a bit more atmospheric and post-apocalyptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i heard there are some nice mods for new vegas which enchant graphics? npc models? are they hard to install?
    i loved gta4 mods, but installing them is the biggest anal job ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

modding skyrim was a lot easier than what I remember modding fo3 to be like

and im pretty sure you use the same Nexus mod manager and Boss for all 3 games so it shouldn't be too much trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

modding skyrim was a lot easier than what I remember modding fo3 to be like

and im pretty sure you use the same Nexus mod manager and Boss for all 3 games so it shouldn't be too much trouble

any website or forum which is dedicated for moding f3 and NV?

google for new vegas nexus or fallout new vegas nexus

• Advertisement

And get the Nexus Mod Manager. It makes installing most mods a breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

And get the Nexus Mod Manager. It makings installing most mods a breeze.

You have any trouble downloading the mod packs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the steam version of fallout 3 easy too mod?

no harder than non-steam iirc

tbh the hardest part of it was always the loading order of the various mods you have installed and they have something called Boss now which will read your load order from the nexus mod manager and will reorganise them to avoid conflicts.
    can't do all the mods but it has a master list of the most popular ones so it should make the entire process a lot simpler.

You have any trouble downloading the mod packs?

I'll be honest, I never did. I usually download mods one at a time. One thing I did notice, if there are really large mods, like NMC's texture pack, you're better off downloading manually and adding to the Mod Manager, instead of using the download manager. Since big ones are in a few parts, the manager only seems to download the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no harder than non-steam iirc

tbh the hardest part of it was always the loading order of the various mods you have installed and they have something called Boss now which will read your load order from the nexus mod manager and will reorganise them to avoid conflicts.
    can't do all the mods but it has a master list of the most popular ones so it should make the entire process a lot simpler.

Any known issues with modding the goty edition on steam? tempted to get it because I lost my fallout 3 disc :(

i have the goty edition discs and I had no truble at all

actually that's not true, I had to disable GFWL because it interefered with some mods

pretty sure the steam version is fine but no actual experience with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

fallout 3 is probably the more technically proficient game, new vegas is the more fun one.

I think beth forgot that fallout always had a lot of humour. fo3 is very grim

I mean, I played the crap out of both, but I have better memories of nv.

and nv has less copy pasta subway tunnels.. ugh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was thinking of getting
    http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/2761
    http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/2672
    http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3211

can you not jsut download with the manager and it works?

Advertisement