Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value Home Landline

Options
  • 16-07-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Best value Home Landline -I need a home landline as one of my kids has moved to UK . Skype is very intermittent in her area. What is best value for a landline that would be used for calls a few times weekly to UK and little else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Noggle

Has anyone any experience of Blueface?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You can call landline numbers with Skype for reasonable rates. Probably worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Noggle

Zab wrote: »
    You can call landline numbers with Skype for reasonable rates. Probably worth a shot.

Thanks for that but my Skype's not great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Noggle wrote: »
    Thanks for that but my Skype's not great either.

How do you get broadband? Isn't Blueface VOIP anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

If you can get reliable wireless broadband like IBB or Imagine or such you could then get an Irish Telephone number or port over your old number to Blueface,
    You could also get a UK number so your people there could ring a local number but it would ring at your house in Ireland.
    Blueface do UK numbers or you could get one from sipgate.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could go for Blueface and for €9.99 per month get 300 mins to a good few countries including uk and ireland.

She could get a free number from sipgate in her area and call you cheaply (something like 1.7 cent a minute without a plan)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Vodafone at |Home offers free calls to all UK and Ireland landlines. Im not sure of the costs but you can call them from any phone on 1907

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's loads of possible solutions easiest for you is just to sign up with UTV Talk. Pay line rental of €25.78 and get free UK and Ireland calls evenings and weekends: http://www.utvinternet.com/phone/index.aspx

N.B. I would not recommend UTV for broadband, only basic landline.

Advertisement