Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel P-660HW-T1A

Options
  • 16-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello,

A couple of days ago I received the zyxel p-660hw-t1a from eircom to replace my old Netopia 2247, but when i was using the Zyxel, the DHCP server built into the router didn't respond and gave computers "limited access or no connectivity" and internet requests took longer than usual to search up pages like google.ie. This dosent happen all the time if I restarted the modem everything would be back to normal for a hour or so. So i just wanted to know if their was any firmware updates out for this router to sort this problem.

Thanks,
    William

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

stuck2007 wrote: »
    Hello,

A couple of days ago I received the zyxel p-660hw-t1a from eircom to replace my old Netopia 2247, but when i was using the Zyxel, the DHCP server built into the router didn't respond and gave computers "limited access or no connectivity" and internet requests took longer than usual to search up pages like google.ie. This dosent happen all the time if I restarted the modem everything would be back to normal for a hour or so. So i just wanted to know if their was any firmware updates out for this router to sort this problem.

Thanks,
    William

Hi stuck2007,

I see Ant got back to you regarding this query on the 21/06/12

"Hi stuck2007,

Thanks for your post. You may need to be worried if you're getting this amount of CRC errors over a short period.

For all : A CRC error means that a tiny chunk of transmitted data was received corrupt and so needed to be retransmitted. They don't "stay on the line" - no errors do. It's just a count of issues that have happened in the past. CRC errors can build up over time and can slow down your connection.

How long has your router been connected? If you're getting this amount of CRC errors over a few hours then should check this with Broadband Support. Try turning off /on the modem and check this again. If it's a couple of hundred CRC errors don't worry about it. If you're reporting thousands over a short period then you should contact Broadband support as advised.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Test your connection with just one computer connected to the modem. Once you've turned back on the modem run some anti-spyware and virus check. You may also want to run a netstat -a from your command prompt window. Check how many Tcp/IP and Udp sessions you have open or listening at the same time. If over 15, then try closing off current running applications and reduce your combined Internet established sessions.

The following link from our community forum may also help :

community.eircom.net

In order to check for CRC errors :

If using the eircom Netopia modem :

Log on to the router web interface on your Internet browser : 192.168.1.254

Select 'Troubleshooting' from the side menu.
    Go to 'Statistics' and then view /or reset logs

If using the eircom ZyXEL modem

Once again log on to the web interface : 192.168.1.254

Go to 'Maintenance' then 'Statistics'

Restarting the modem will also clear the errors.

Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
    Ant"

Did you manage to try that?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi Mark,

There is no CRC errors on the line at all, the problem is with the built in DHCP server in the modem and the modem somewhat freezing after about an hour or so of being active and this also dosent happen on one computer but it is on the whole local area network. So I just wanted to see if there was any new firmware revisions for this modem

Thanks,
    William

Hi Mark,

There is no CRC errors on the line at all, the problem is with the built in DHCP server in the modem and the modem somewhat freezing after about an hour or so of being active and this also dosent happen on one computer but it is on the whole local area network. So I just wanted to see if there was any new firmware revisions for this modem

Thanks,
    William

Hi stuck2007,

Did you change the settings for the old Netopia for gaming or third party services?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

The netopia is fine and we changed the settings on the netopia for "gaming or 3rd party services" as we needed to open it for Voip. But thats decides the point the zyxel is the problem

Hi Mark,

The netopia is fine and we changed the settings on the netopia for "gaming or 3rd party services" as we needed to open it for Voip. But thats decides the point the zyxel is the problem

Hi stuck2007,

I spoke to managers in broadband support and they asked if you could call them directly on 1890 260 260 with the zyxel modem set up.

So they can run some real time checks on the DHCP server.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

Rang up eircom technical support and believe it or not the couple of day old modem was faulty and the eircom representative couldnt even login to the modem himself and may I add i couldn't either!

So now they are sending me out yet another modem and we will see how we get on with this one!

Thanks,
    William

Hi Mark,

Rang up eircom technical support and believe it or not the couple of day old modem was faulty and the eircom representative couldnt even login to the modem himself and may I add i couldn't either!

So now they are sending me out yet another modem and we will see how we get on with this one!

Thanks,
    William

Hi William,

Ok, sorry about the ongoing delay, I will track the modem and check back with you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Just got the modem today and all seems well. I will keep you posted if any problems occur.

Thanks,
    William

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Tabitha Tusdar

Hello,

Thanks,
    William

i have the same zyxel router and it too does this.... the firmware was updated and it started doing that.... overall its a terrible router. i now use a different router.

see How to configure an adsl router that is not an eircom zyxel router to work

hi Stuck

i was given an eircom netopia 2247nwg router yesterday

it works brilliant.... not a single drop in connection all day..

if your getting constant drops and errors with the zyxel router ask for a netopia router instead.

good luck

• Advertisement

hi Stuck

i was given an eircom netopia 2247nwg router yesterday

it works brilliant.... not a single drop in connection all day..

if your getting constant drops and errors with the zyxel router ask for a netopia router instead.

good luck

Hi, Tabitha Tusdar

I have one of those modems I will probably go back to it if I have any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi, Tabitha Tusdar

I have one of those modems I will probably go back to it if I have any problems

Hi stuck2007,

Glad the new modem has arrived already. It's always a good idea to try another modem when experiencing problems as it will tend to show where the issue is. Will pass you comments on to Mark, thanks for getting back and letting us know. Also, get onto us here if there are any further problems and we'll see where we can take it from here.

Regards

James

since i got the netopia router my snr has gone from 6db /18.5db to 9.0 db/17.20 db in the evenings

during the day it was 12db /17.20db

this is a huge improvement

Advertisement