Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Wire Transfer

Options
  • 16-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone know how much it costs to do an international wire transfer in euros from my account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Depends on if you mean converting to a different currency or not. You can make 2 working day transfers inside the eurozone for free I think, or pay small fee for fast transfer in 24 hours. If it's outside the eurozone then bank will give you lousy rate and it will effectively cost you 3-4% of the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wereinIreland

Transfer the money from my account to another euro account.

Should be free if there is no rush, and you can optionally pay a small fee if you want a fast 24 hour transfer. This is what BoI charge business customers, not sure if it's different for personal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Hi, I've used xe.com a few times and find them very good. The only thing is make sure you get their Irish Bank of America account to transfer the money to and then they transfer the money to your foreign account. I am with Ulster Bank and this transfer has no fee and I find their rate good. It can take 3-5 days though. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wereinIreland

Margo, thats what I plan on doing, using XE for the transfer. Does BOI charge any fees to your account for the transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi wereinIreland,
    Anyone know how much it costs to do an international wire transfer in euros from my account?

It would depend on how you were doing the transfer. If you're using 365online to make the payment, there is no charge applied. You can find out more information on international payments, including how to make payments and FAQs, here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Margo, thats what I plan on doing, using XE for the transfer. Does BOI charge any fees to your account for the transfer?

Do it directly from your Irish Bank account. Make sure you have the BIC/IBAN of the account you wish to transfer and then it will be there on the next business day provided you do the payment before 3pm (approx) and it will cost no more than a domestic transfer - cents not euros

You don't need to use xe.com because you aren't changing currencies...

Advertisement