Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You have a gun pointed at your head

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'd probably put my army Ranger training to use. Run in a zig zag line while doing the odd duck and roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'd probably put my army Ranger training to use. Run in a zig zag line while doing the odd duck and roll.
    Yummy..I love duck roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

not yet wrote: »
    Yummy..I love duck roll

Mmmmmmmm duck.

Mmmmmmmm duck.
    Where....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I would ask him if he really wanted to be known as the guy who robbed mother Theresa son,

or just tickle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The odds of him shooting and killing you are very low actually but still I would hand over the wallet and try to get the money later. If I was feeling brave maybe drop the wallet hoping the ticket would fall out and he wouldn't bother picking the ticket up.

Note: 2 million euro can't be collected at the garage so I wouldn't be there in the first place.

I have one of these in my wallet.

Gunman's not getting it.

The money? Sure, here dude, have it, lemme just get it in a fumbling not-trying-to-hide-fetching-the-little-knife-way.....

(honestly? he'd get the wallet & I'd throw the swisscard away in full view of him)

Or...I'd wink at him whilst saying something like, hello sailor how about me and you get a room.

Now if your very unlucky and he's that way inclinded, then your fcuked ha ha get it fcuked. I'm a funny knut so I am.

Biggins wrote: »
    You have to confirm the time approx that you bought the ticket.
    You have to confirm which shop and (if you can remember) a description of actual seller.

Get the shop wrong - your done.
    Get the seller description wrong and/or the time their shift was, your done.
    Get the approx time wrong, your done.

Additionally, some shops have security cameras so its possible in this digital age that there is a back-up of you purchasing the ticket.
    ...Even if thats not the case other street or shop cameras might show you in the locality that you claim you were around, at the time of purchase.

...Plus while the shop seller won't remember your particular numbers, they might also remember that you were in that day too.

If you use the same numbers repeatedly, there will be a traceable show of that too (short version).
    are you serious, id never remember that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

I'd say, 'I don't know who you are but if you take my wallet. I will look for you. I will find you down and I will kill you.'

Alternatively I would give him the wallet. In any case I never have any money in it, my cards are maxed out and even my social welfare card is usesless as I'm not entitled to the dole. As for the winning lottery ticket I would never keep in my wallet. But if I did you can be sure it was already signed and I would have phoned the National lottery before I ever left the house. He would get nothing.

But in reality most of these small timers couldn't afford a gun. That's why they're robbing. If they stole a gun. They would sell it for good money.

I was caught up in a Post Office robbery once. Heard a scream as a woman, the Post Mistress ran away from the shop. Curious, I walked to the door just in time to see one of the robbers rushing towards the exit. Time stands still and I had time to consider smacking him on the face with my motorcycle helmet as he ran past. Then time to reconsider because I didn't know if his pal behind him had a gun or not. But even a pickaxe handle would have outgunned me.

He read my mind and said 'Don't do it mate' as he passed me. It all took less than twenty or thirty seconds. I'm no Chuck Norris let me tell you.

All very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Saw a TV programme a few years ago about bodyguards and security firms or something like that and they showed how to disarm someone when they are pointing a gun at your head, you grab their hand on the gun in a certain way so that they cant pull the trigger then using your other hand whip the gun away from them and point it at their head and hope they didnt see the same programme.

I would just do the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

bluecode wrote: »
    I'd say, 'I don't know who you are but if you take my wallet. I will look for you. I will find you down and I will kill you.'

Alternatively I would give him the wallet. In any case I never have any money in it, my cards are maxed out and even my social welfare card is usesless as I'm not entitled to the dole. As for the winning lottery ticket I would never keep in my wallet. But if I did you can be sure it was already signed and I would have phoned the National lottery before I ever left the house. He would get nothing.

But in reality most of these small timers couldn't afford a gun. That's why they're robbing. If they stole a gun. They would sell it for good money.

I was caught up in a Post Office robbery once. Heard a scream as a woman, the Post Mistress ran away from the shop. Curious, I walked to the door just in time to see one of the robbers rushing towards the exit. Time stands still and I had time to consider smacking him on the face with my motorcycle helmet as he ran past. Then time to reconsider because I didn't know if his pal behind him had a gun or not. But even a pickaxe handle would have outgunned me.

He read my mind and said 'Don't do it mate' as he passed me. It all took less than twenty or thirty seconds. I'm no Chuck Norris let me tell you.

All very exciting.

I was taking it serious till I noticed you were not going to hunt him down also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Money can't replace health, I would give him the ticket and would go to the cops afterwards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

donalg1 wrote: »
    Saw a TV programme a few years ago about bodyguards and security firms or something like that and they showed how to disarm someone when they are pointing a gun at your head, you grab their hand on the gun in a certain way so that they cant pull the trigger then using your other hand whip the gun away from them and point it at their head and hope they didnt see the same programme.

That all sounds easy but takes many years of repetitive training, including the use of a breathing technique to keep one's adrenalin under control while distracting and using effective parrying, etc.

Start training now and maybe in five years you might be able pull something off like that half-successfully.

bluewolf wrote: »
    are you serious, id never remember that

For a few million, one would try to remember and/or at least ask others (about times, etc) that you might have been with or your family/friends whom you left to go shopping/buy your ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

As soon as I found out I'd won I'd have signed the back of the ticket.

Then asshole would probably tried to have cashed it anyway and have gotten caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

syndeyfife wrote: »
    It would be in my bra :)

Why put it somewhere that most of the men of Ireland would have access to it :confused: :pac:
    that's clever actually

First time for everything eh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A friend of mine was on a bus with other refugees in Albania and the bus was stopped by bandits with Kalashnikov. The same guy was a boxer and has no fear and when the gun was put to his head and he was asked for his money (hidden in his shoe), He just said "No", So the bandit screamed at him and he replied "Shoot me", So they actually laid off him and thought he was crazy even the bus driver asked him to drive after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

kfallon wrote: »
    It would be in my bra :)

Why put it somewhere that most of the men of Ireland would have access to it :confused: :pac:
    that's clever actually

First time for everything eh :o

That's how I Get my kicks, tell them I've a winning lotto ticket in there.

Can't find it? Try the other one....keep looking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i have been in a similar position about 10 years ago,i was a manager of a shopping mall in salford,late on saturday night when it closed,i was walking around it checking that all the exits were locked,when a idiot walked up and put a shotgun to my head and asked for the keys,i was already pissed off with two of my guards not turning up for work,so i told him if he did not f..k off i will shove it up his arse,so off he went,it was not untill much later that i realized how much danger i had been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

You have to confirm which shop and (if you can remember) a description of actual seller.

That's simply not true, where the hell did you hear that?

A guy who did some work for me was in an 18 worker syndicate that won €2,000,000 on the Lotto about 3 years ago. Syndicate was going for a few years, secretary's job to buy the ticket which she usually got in a Centra down the road.

Except, she didn't buy the winning one there, she got it in a petrol station in a totally different town. They asked her where she got it, she said the Centra out of habit, nothing was said to her that she was wrong and it was actually in the petrol station. They even asked her them to do a publicity photo in the station with the workers and the station owners which they duly did.

You can't seriously tell me that the Lotto will deny you the money because you can't remember where you got the ticket. A lot of them are bought on impulse in places far away from where the owner lives and the name of the shop is usually released in the day or two after the draw if it's a big winner.

bijapos wrote: »
    ...You can't seriously tell me that the Lotto will deny you the money because you can't remember where you got the ticket. A lot of them are bought on impulse in places far away from where the owner lives and the name of the shop is usually released in the day or two after the draw if it's a big winner.

I DID NOT say "the Lotto will deny you the money because you can't remember..."

It is just one of the various methods that they use!

The shop might get publicity by the way but any con-artist with the right stolen ticket will still have to get a lot of details right in order (in court) to match the real purchaser - including when the ticket was bought up to three/four days prior.

(Don't forget that sometimes the real purchaser also might have their traceable finger prints upon it too! Explain that one thief/con-man!)

That's how I Get my kicks, tell them I've a winning lotto ticket in there.

Can't find it? Try the other one....keep looking ;)

:D Ooooo ya mucky pup!

"Oh and I won the pools last Saturday too, think I left the coupon in me kaks" :pac:

Tbh if you tell the robber there's a winning ticket in the wallet you leave him with an even bigger dilemma than you are in, total headfuck for him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Additionally, some shops have security cameras so its possible in this digital age that there is a back-up of you purchasing the ticket.
    ...Even if thats not the case other street or shop cameras might show you in the locality that you claim you were around, at the time of purchase.

...Plus while the shop seller won't remember your particular numbers, they might also remember that you were in that day too.

If you use the same numbers repeatedly, there will be a traceable show of that too (short version).
    I DID NOT say "the Lotto will deny you the money because you can't remember..."

It is just one of the various methods that they use!

I thinks it's a bit obvious that you are insinuating that the Lotto won't give you the cash if you can't remember.

Or maybe you can explain what "your done" means in the above post?

I thinks it's a bit obvious that you are insinuating that the Lotto won't give you the cash if you can't remember.

Or maybe you can explain what "your done" means in the above post?

my done

like terrys choc orange :cool:

...Or maybe you can explain what "your done" means in the above post?

"Your done" above means that a thief is further caught out with an attempted guess at details whey are further from even remotely knowing.
    Though that was obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

donalg1 wrote: »

You wouldn't because you're untrained and weren't expecting any trouble when you got up that morning. Unlike the robber who will be pumped up on adrenalin or drugs. You on the other and would either be frozen with fear or completely surprised. If you did have the presence of mind to try that trick. You would die.

'Don't do it mate' was indeed wise advice from the robber I met.

I am not being a grammar Nazi but Biggins made the same mistake 3 times in 3 consecutive sentences. I only say this as I always thought Biggy Smalls was infallible.....the world just doesn't seem right any more, think it might be time to shut down Boards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I just humiliate him by disarming him endlessly :cool: :D

Either that or run away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

If the wallet is in your pocket, fumble in your pocket as if you're trying to find it whilst you're actually removing the ticket from the wallet, then say ''got it'' and hand over the wallet. Simples :)

• Advertisement

I am not being a grammar Nazi but Biggins made the same mistake 3 times in 3 consecutive sentences. I only say this as I always thought Biggy Smalls was infallible.....the world just doesn't seem right any more, think it might be time to shut down Boards :(

The world is about to end! :D

The world is about to end! :D

My world already has :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Tell him it's the winning ticket, alert the Gardai after it so if the ticket is claimed he'll be nabbed and you know the thick c*nt will prob try claim it at some stage!

I'm sure that there must be some process of collecting a Lotto jackpot even tho you've lost a ticket so I doubt you'll lose out on your jackpot. There is one for the bookies anyway!

What the hell is wrong with you people.
    The correct way to handle a situation like this is to piss yourself then collapse on the floor shaking violently. The gunman will assume you are an epileptic and leave you be - however far from epileptic, it is in fact a millionaire that you are and you can immediately buy new trousers, thus having the last laugh on your foolish assailant.

My world already has :(
    :D
    What the hell is wrong with you people.
    The correct way to handle a situation like this is to piss yourself then collapse on the floor shaking violently. The gunman will assume you are an epileptic and leave you be - however far from epileptic, it is in fact a millionaire that you are and you can immediately buy new trousers, thus having the last laugh on your foolish assailant.

Not forgetting that when you collect your wad of cash, you now that the dosh to put a hit out on on the scumbag!

You win! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

saiint wrote: »
    what do you do?

About 50 miles an hour.

Honestly, if I was on my own, I'd react different to how I would if the wife and/or family was with me.
    With them around, stuff the wallet.

Honestly, if I was on my own, I'd react different to how I would if the wife and/or family was with me.

With the wife and kids? Try get rid of them too? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

saiint wrote: »
    You just won the lotto 2million euro
    the ticket is in your wallet as your going to collect it that morning
    you go into a petrol station to fill up your car to go to collect your winnings
    then
    You have a gun pointed at your head from a person robbing the place, point blank range asking you to hand over your wallet and your other valuables
    what do you do?

i can smell chuck norris all over this thread ;)

I can just smell bs. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Otherwise you'd go kung fu on his ass? Sure...

• Advertisement

Otherwise you'd go kung fu on his ass? Sure...

For the record, Wado Ryu actually and 15+ years training, five days a week (besides also studying Aikido and Krav Maga).
    No spectacular stuff. That would be completely useless and stupid.
    Deal with the problem efficiently and not give the mugger a second thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

LoYL wrote: »
    I can just smell bs. Oh wait...

bull****? this thread is not real
    but a what if situation
    your comment was infact the bs which you smelt

Advertisement