Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got punched for being a catholic from the Republic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

just say to him politely..........."you have backed a loser", time will tell.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

astonaidan wrote: »
    nope never tried having an argument, i ignored him for 2 days while he went on and on, hes got the northern flag hung on his bed and if anyone says he irish he goes on about 1590 and how hes an ulster scot

So he's Irish of Scottish or English ancestry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

nope never tried having an argument, i ignored him for 2 days while he went on and on, hes got the northern flag hung on his bed and if anyone says he irish he goes on about 1590 and how hes an ulster scot

By the sounds of it, he's the only person coming into close proximity with that flag. Sounds like one lonely , sad bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Feisar wrote: »
    But as the joke goes he'd want to know if he was a Catholic Jew or a Protestant Jew!
    I got asked that very question myself once. I was at a house party in a Loyalist area and said I was Jewish (I'm not, I'm really a big Fenian). Turns out there were several members of Billy Wright's North Armagh UVF there. So I brazened it out because I was on a promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You'll just have to sh1t in his ear while he sleeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

haha I did that on the first night, well shaged her, but he didnt know so thats not the reason for tension

WRONG!

A brother always knows, its like a sixth sense ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Is it in Australia you are? Seriously man, i would have this dick reported and kicked out of the hostel at the very least. If the guy is threatening you and assualting you then you should call the cops. The cops are the real deal out there, they will have him arrested and thrown in a cell with murderers and rapists for a week to teach him a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kwack

Especially seeing as he attacked you for religious reasons they would go to town on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Was it alastair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Dirty protest FTW!

It'll make the ghost of Bobby Sands a very happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Is he bigger than you? why dont you bash him. say lets have a reenactment of the battle of the boyne except James wins this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Get him drunk until he passes out, glue the carpet and all furniture in his bedroom to the ceiling and throw him in there. When he wakes up the shock and confusion will make him question the foundations of his reality and realise that the whole religion thing is a load of bolox. It's what they did with Gerry Adams about 10 years ago and look at him now: https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/statuses/224446450048831488?tw_i=224446450048831488&tw_e=media&tw_p=tweetembed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Ok im living in a hostel and got these two roomates from the north, I thought I was getting on grand with them even though they kept bringing up religion which is something I dont consider myself knowledgeable enough to talk about so told him I didnt want to talk about it, so he spent two days going on about it then last night i told him again that i wasnt interested, which he said was fine as long as i admitted he was right, to which i said i wouldnt say that, he said if i didnt he hit me, so i told him hed have to hit me then, stood up and smashed me in the face, the thing is my italian roommate is catholic but he never speaks religion to him and my other roommates are english and I never do it to them, I just dont know why every prosititent up the north wants to talk about is religion, like were not in the 80s anymore cant see why they just dont let it pass, so anyone else have this problem with them

I can't believe you let someone hit you in the face and not react. It sounds to me he just sees you as a weak target and he has no respect for you and your getting bullied because of it. You have basically justified this by doing nothing about it.

You really need to stand up for yourself and grow a pair or else just call the police. Either way it will happen again, bigots live to argue and fight. Your walking on egg shells otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I can't believe you let someone hit you in the face and not react. It sounds to me he just sees you as a weak target and he has no respect for you and your getting bullied because of it. You have basically justified this by doing nothing about it.

You really need to stand up for yourself and grow a pair or else just call the police. Either way it will happen again, bigots live to argue and fight. Your walking on egg shells otherwise.
    astonaidan wrote:
    well i just said youd want to hit me a bit harder than that you orange prick, he got angry again to which i said if he tried to hit me again id put him in a coma, to which his sister got all i actually felt sorry for you cause nobody likes you in the room, 3 of my best friends are in the room it was laughable, everyone in the room basically lost all respect for him and today hes trying to act like it never happened, my thing is this isnt the first one of them to have this religion conversation with me, ive asked other irish catholics over here and its the same, but italians spanish dont get it at all
    ;)

just make fun of him for being religious and believing in fairytales
    that or charge him with assualt

all else fails, revert to "Opperation: Sh!t In-Pellow" as recommended by boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

cock & bull

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

There are few real Catholics in Ireland to day; more like heretics who go to mass .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd have fought the ****.

If you're small you should have gone to an Irish bar and got a few lads and battered the shite out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Sounds like there's more to the story than you're letting on in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

well i just said youd want to hit me a bit harder than that you orange prick, he got angry again to which i said if he tried to hit me again id put him in a coma, to which his sister got all i actually felt sorry for you cause nobody likes you in the room, 3 of my best friends are in the room it was laughable, everyone in the room basically lost all respect for him and today hes trying to act like it never happened, my thing is this isnt the first one of them to have this religion conversation with me, ive asked other irish catholics over here and its the same, but italians spanish dont get it at all

what he wanted me to admit to him being right, was that his religion was the only correct one and that catholics were only for paedos

Sister eh? Seduce her. In his bed. Let him know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Wait for him to fall asleep and put a sh*t in his pants. Wait until morning and watch with hilarity as he reacts, thinking he shat himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Violence won't resolve anything but punching the **** out of the bastard would make you feel so much better. Then tell the bigoted wanger that if he ever brings up religion again you will kill him in his sleep then beat the crap out of him again just to let him know you mean what you say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Plazaman wrote: »
    Exactly, go out immediately and buy a small rug then five times a day take off your shoe,s kneel on it facing west and sing loudly.

Then thank him for showing you the error of you ways and keep asking hime if he would like to join you.

Fixed your post.

CJC999 wrote: »
    Violence won't resolve anything but punching the **** out of the bastard would make you feel so much better. Then tell the bigoted wanger that if he ever brings up religion again you will kill him in his sleep then beat the crap out of him again just to let him know you mean what you say.

waste of energy on the last part, sure heel be dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No I mean beat the crap out if him after you tell him you'll kill him in his sleep, just so as he knows you mean business. A good kicking always sends our a clear signal that your not messing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Ireland's answer to radical Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Have a **** in to all of his socks and call the cops

CJC999 wrote: »
    No I mean beat the crap out if him after you tell him you'll kill him in his sleep, just so as he knows you mean business. A good kicking always sends our a clear signal that your not messing around.

is that not a bit unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Plant drugs on him and call the cops,
    Use his flag as toilet paper,
    or just kick him in the balls every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Have a **** in to all of his socks and call the cops

Sounds like the most risky game of danger **** I've ever come across.

pun very much intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

haha I did that on the first night, well shaged her, but he didnt know so thats not the reason for tension

Maybe you should tell him now ;)

That will learn him, his sisters Jaffa has been rubbed up by a chuckie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Tie him to the bed wrap a tri-colour round his neck put on the wolf tones while screaming the national anthem as loud as you can. while beating him with a copy of bunreacht na heireann.

That will learn him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Piste wrote: »
    Sister eh? Seduce her. In his bed. Let him know.

It worked for Aodh Mór Ó Néill; every Irishman should get revenge by having a Mabel Bagenal moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Yup this is why I've no interest in spending much time up in the North !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The unenlightened NI gentleman that the OP referred has obviously a serious IQ deficiency. Best way to handle such individuals is to confuse the fec out of them.

Start by agreeing with him and then throw in a relative comment on how Henry the Eight was absolutely right to create his own religion so he could legally get his leg over. In fact it should be every bloke's right.

Then threw in some obscure quote from the bible (plenty of internet sites out there)

Keep quoting obscure bible references (for some reason such individuals expect non protestants not to know about the bible)

Keep peppering your references about the very interesting bible classes / preacher / born again experiences

he will eventually get so confussed he will leave you alone....

[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

eaglebhoy wrote: »
    Yup this is why I've no interest in spending much time up in the North !

The north has very low crime rates but don't let stupid things like facts get in the way of your dearly held prejudices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The only thing of any interest I note from this is that all the parties involved are in an Australian hostel. No wonder they want the Irish out (whatever their religion!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

Give him a tatto across his head saying up the ra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

The north has very low crime rates but don't let stupid things like facts get in the way of your dearly held prejudices.

Really ? That's nice. For a start You don't know me or the experiences I've had so off your high horse there !I'll open with: Marching season is in full swing ! That looks a barrel of laughs :/ What's that all about again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Well if his is the right religion why did God just idly stand by and have Rangers Newco regulated to Division 3 of the Scottish Football League?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If charging him with assault doesn't work then poo in his pillow case, his head shall do the rest.

Or just poo in the pillow case and put it over his head.

This post begs the question Duggy.... Why exactly did your last housemate try to kill you?

So my housemate tried to kill me last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Tie him to the bed wrap a tri-colour round his neck put on the wolf tones while screaming the national anthem as loud as you can. while beating him with a copy of bunreacht na heireann.

That will learn him.

And don't forget a good old mass afterwards in the room with a parish priest. Force feed him the communion.

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Its a bit weird that he went to Oz with his sister too. Sounds like an orange weirdo and typically obsessed with religion and identity. Its only when they go to a foreign country and still drone on about it you really see how pathetic they are.

Love that he is being called irish. Thats all he is to everybody anyway... i'd say peoples eyes glaze over when he starts his 1690 crap.... yeah yeah whatever paddy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Get him mind bogglingly drunk and tattoo a picture of John Paul on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

well last night I came back to my room, they were partying outside my room so i closed the door, to which he came in shouting if i ever closed the door in his face again hed box my lights out screaming aload of orange nonsens, so i calmly stood up and knocked him out, left my room went down to reception told them what happened, ive been moved to a different room and now got a lovely mesage from his sister threw facebook how there going to do me in, ah how i love those delightful people this time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

time for a different hostel and some FB blocking.

unless you like the drama, of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

well last night I came back to my room, they were partying outside my room so i closed the door, to which he came in shouting if i ever closed the door in his face again hed box my lights out screaming aload of orange nonsens, so i calmly stood up and knocked him out, left my room went down to reception told them what happened, ive been moved to a different room and now got a lovely mesage from his sister threw facebook how there going to do me in, ah how i love those delightful people this time of the year

Nice one, Fair play to you...That guy sounds like a scumbag so he deserves it,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

ArtSmart wrote: »
    time for a different hostel and some FB blocking.

unless you like the drama, of course

ya blocked her immediatly, i have no love for drama hence why i didnt react to the first punch, but i dont take threats well so had to do something this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well if his is the right religion why did God just idly stand by and have Rangers Newco regulated to Division 3 of the Scottish Football League?

That is easily one of the funniest things I've ever read on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

post screenshot of facebook message from the sister for the lulz

and for proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Why not just go to the police and report all that has happened. And make sure that you have the FB post as proof. So if anything serious happens, you'll be able to prove that they planned it. And if you are in Oz (as some of the posts seem to suggest), the police will either jail him or kick him outta the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement