Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 - we're going back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    Got my money back for my 910xt! If JBs 910xt lasts a few days I may buy another one but ONLY when I can check the serial numbers.

Or i will sell you mine at twice the RRP, after all it seems to be the only working garmin 910 unit in the country.

Edit to add i reckon as a child you broke a lot of toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Or i will sell you mine at twice the RRP, after all it seems to be the only working garmin 910 unit in the country.

Edit to add i reckon as a child you broke a lot of toys.

Possession is nine tenths of the law and all.

Nope, very good with toys and kit. Still use shorts, jacket and leggings, and jersey for commuting that I used 20 years ago when doing some MTBing. I do still play with the same toy as well as when I was 13 but I don't think you can really break that.

I look after my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Ah jeez....and I'm having lunch.....

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Ah jeez....and I'm having lunch.....

Late lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Timex Global Run Trainer (no lap avg pace),

Hope you dont mind me jumping in on your log,

Dont know if it would make any difference in your attempt's to get a new watch but the Timex Global Trainer has this feature ;)

• Advertisement

Ceepo wrote: »
    Hope you dont mind me jumping in on your log,

Dont know if it would make any difference in your attempt's to get a new watch but the Timex Global Trainer has this feature ;)

Always welcome comments, shows that people are reading.

The Timex Global Run Trainer is targeted as a mid level running watch and is priced accordingly.

The Timex Global Trainer is targeted as a high end multi sports watch and is priced accordingly.

Its meant to be a run and bike watch. However on the bike it doesn't actually really do anything useful. Speed, cadence yes, Power meters - nope. Doesn't allow zeroing of power meters so its always going to be wrong, and worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Fook up by Timex on the power alright,

Only paid 125 usd for it on ebay so not bad when you compare anything else for that money,'
    Also no HR spikes, No fogging up,:D

Not saying its perfect, but what watch is ?

Ceepo wrote: »
    Fook up by Timex on the power alright,

Only paid 125 usd for it on ebay so not bad when you compare anything else for that money,'
    Also no HR spikes, No fogging up,:D

Not saying its perfect, but what watch is ?

No brainer at that price!

Right, time to get back into it.
    I used to do something where I would say that if I had to do an IM in the morning what would I do assuming injury free, back to that now.

Swim 1:15
    Bike 5:35
    Run 3:45
    Finish 10:45

Amazingly these are the same number +/- a little as my Frankfurt and Roth times. Also known as my "doing nothing times".

I'd like to get them all down. But one number that has to come down first is weight: 12st 3 (77.7kg)

Fvcking ridiculous.

Anyways...........

Weight over the last 300 days

weight.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

so when is the yard sale?
    (I'm afraid you've talked down the price of the Garmin:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

New year, new you. Get stuck into it!! Hope you've a healthier 2013 as that seemed to be the biggest issue with your training.

New year, new you. Get stuck into it!! Hope you've a healthier 2013 as that seemed to be the biggest issue with your training.

It was not, I know Tunney will not mind me saying this but his own laziness towards the sport/training was the bigger issue. I suppose when you have been in the sport as long as he has you can easily go off the boil and fall out of love for it for a while. If enjoyment is not there its hard to get it up (excuse the pun) for a 4hr ride...of the cycling variety!!:) The hunger is back, he is fearful of the one they call the hobbit!!

I was being nice :)

he is fearful of the one they call the hobbit!!

Rightly so! Nice bit of competitive rivalry going on there too.

RayCun wrote: »
    so when is the yard sale?
    (I'm afraid you've talked down the price of the Garmin:pac:)

Garmin was returned for a full refund to Wiggle.

It was not, I know Tunney will not mind me saying this but his own laziness towards the sport/training was the bigger issue. I suppose when you have been in the sport as long as he has you can easily go off the boil and fall out of love for it for a while. If enjoyment is not there its hard to get it up (excuse the pun) for a 4hr ride...of the cycling variety!!:) The hunger is back, he is fearful of the one they call the hobbit!!

12 hours drinking with JB and his taller half (I wet myself when I saw she was wearing heels) and my better half may have given JB more of an insight into my life at a recent wedding.

Laziness was the primary problem and then a broken habit. it was second nature to do these things now I have to get back into the habits and its harder as (a) I'm older (b) I've kids and don't want to be away from them (c) I remember it being easier than it is now. FFS I get chaffing now running, only fat people get that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Sure you would have worked off 1/2 stone with that fine dancing ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Whatever happened to the man who use to say HTFU? The Tunney of the late noughties would have a field day with your log ;)

TRR wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the man who use to say HTFU? The Tunney of the late noughties would have a field day with your log ;)

He's crying somewhere. Bitterly disappointed and distancing himself from his fatter slower princess-like name sake.

Great post. (actually mean that)

• Advertisement

Monday 7th January 2013

Went to the zoo on Saturday. We have an annual pass and go alot. First time though that he was walking! She(3) loves tigers, monkeys and peacocks. She snapped everything she could with the camera Santa brought her, got some good ones. He(1) goes nuts for birds. The Roberts house was a huge hit for him though although she was bored. "Monkeys Daddy, Monkeys"

On Sunday I took them to the playground. One and a half hours of doing all the things in the playground that Mammy never lets them do. Putting a one year old on the big slide threw gasps of horror from the Mammies there. He loved it though. Although I wish he wouldn't throw himself head first down slides. Not that its an issue on slides its just he gets in the habit and tries the same on ladders. I drew the line at going down ladders head first. That and eating sweets he found in the muck.

Other than that I worked over the weekend.

Biatched out of a swim this morning like a right fecking gaylord. Made up some pathetic excuse "oh I want to be in work before 8" and binned the swim. Soft as my belly. Anyways club swim this evening.

Weighed myself.

12st 5.4 fvcking disgusting - found this photo from Austria 2009

img5213uq.jpg

Right so Glenda thought I looked sick but I thought I looked just right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Swit swoo ;) Never realised you were a fine thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Swit swoo ;) Never realised you were a fine thing :D

You are looking at Liam Dolan - Tunney is the guy on the left of the picture :)

catweazle wrote: »
    You are looking at Liam Dolan - Tunney is the guy on the left of the picture :)

Either that or she needs to go to Specsavers!!

Either that or she needs to go to Specsavers!!

Still had to fight your wife off at the wedding!!!

That may or may not actually have been a scary cougar

Still had to fight your wife off at the wedding!!!

That may or may not actually have been a scary cougar

No i think you are safe there, why would she drive a fiat panda when she has a ferarri at home :D Besides ladies close to the age of picking up their bus pass seem more attracted to the cuddly Tunney.......especially when getting his groove on to a Spice Girls track in the background.

Besides ladies close to the age of picking up their bus pass seem more attracted to the cuddly Tunney.......especially when getting his groove on to a Spice Girls track in the background.

Please tell us you have a clip on Youtube of this! :D

No i think you are safe there, why would she drive a fiat panda when she has a ferarri at home :D Besides ladies close to the age of picking up their bus pass seem more attracted to the cuddly Tunney.......especially when getting his groove on to a Spice Girls track in the background.

A more apt comparison would be a mini cooper and a luxury Bentley Continental. One is small and but does the job, and the other does the job and feels nice doing it.

Plus better to be hunted by eager cougars than to be taken aside by the bride and politely asked to stop perving at her mates.

Please tell us you have a clip on Youtube of this! :D

I think there is a clip of it alright somewhere!

• Advertisement

Anyways back on topic and off Fran's wife and my dancing.....

Was meant to run yesterday at lunch but I paused briefly before heading out at lunch as my tummy was a little off. Had some water to settle and was about to head out when I got pulled into a meeting. Probably good as I ended up having loads to do and couldn't spare the time.

Club swim last night with Mr Tango. As always a technique focus with a bit of work. My right hand enters short and right hand doesn't finish all the way. I'll work on that between here and the next session. Plus as the pool as shortened due to technical reasons (17.5m) Tango thought it an idea to work on tumbles. I've tried to learn for years and even spent a season doing them badly but having them broken down and explained makes it so much easier. Almost as if he was teaching a child. Which is relevant as he thought his little daughter (not the one year old the eldest) to tumble turn recently. She wanted to come down to the session and rub our noses in it. She wasn't allowed - probably cause she is too fast :)

Advertisement