Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 - we're going back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

tunney wrote: »
    It didn't. Priorities shifted. Coach #1 directed affected by outcome of events so didn't question the change in direction. Coach #2 understands the potential outcome of events but not directly affected.

Coach #1 didn't say a word.
    Coach #2 b0llocked me out of it.

Both right. Will reassess, recover and regroup.

Just in case anyone thinks I'm being harsh on #2 or easy on #1 - both are right, but sets of input are appreciated, valued and taken on board.

I bought two small coin sized rare earth magnets for my bike. They are on my desk. For some reason I REALLY REALLY want to swallow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

WTF are small rare earth magnets? As it says on the tin???? Small magnets with a map of the earth on them?

pgibbo wrote: »
    WTF are small rare earth magnets? As it says on the tin???? Small magnets with a map of the earth on them?

Rare-earth magnets are strong permanent magnets made from alloys of rare earth elements. Developed in the 1970s and 80s, rare-earth magnets are the strongest type of permanent magnets made, producing significantly stronger magnetic fields than other types such as ferrite or alnico magnets. The magnetic field typically produced by rare-earth magnets can be in excess of 1.4 teslas, whereas ferrite or ceramic magnets typically exhibit fields of 0.5 to 1 tesla.

The term "rare earth" can be misleading as these metals are not particularly rare or precious they are about as abundant as tin or lead.

Very useful for trigger reed switches on SRMs and Quarqs when you just cannot get the stock magnets in the right place.

Have two SRM magnets and cannot get them exactly right, both the Quarq ones (BB and chain stay) and BB is not positioned in the right place and the Quarq magnet is *just* too small for the chainstays.

Kick ass rare earth magnets can do two things:
    * kill you if you swallow them
    * work great on bikes for the power meter problem

Eoin has been sick since Saturday night. Temperature of 39 degrees until Monday and then Monday night, Tuesday night and last night just ROARING all night. He has been to the doctors twice and both times there hasn't been anything specific that can be prescribed for.

I sleep very very lightly so when Aoibhe coughs in *such* a way I know she will puke in < 30 seconds and I am up and in before she can. For some reason it took 31 seconds last night and poor Daisy Duck took one for the team. She was sick all night, temp of 39 this morning and just miserable.

So no one has slept since, well see as we were out late Friday and Saturday its probably more like Thursday. We are like the walking dead.

I'm either drinking a bottle of wine or a bottle of bleach tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Thats rough.

Drink the wine, we'd miss you if you went on the bleach.

Eoin still not better.
    Aoibhe was absolutely miserable last night. Rather sick
    And Glenda has now got the bug.

So everyone in the house sick.

Coach #2 not impressed I missed more sessions.

Soon..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Eoin still not better.
    Aoibhe was absolutely miserable last night. Rather sick
    And Glenda has now got the bug.

So everyone in the house sick.

Coach #2 not impressed I missed more sessions.

Soon..............

Have you got any sessions in at lunch this week? Do you still take the bike when feeling off or when things are off at home?

Have you got any sessions in at lunch this week? Do you still take the bike when feeling off or when things are off at home?

Ah yeah, ran Monday, Wednesday, and yesterday. Despite HR being off I wanted to run. Plus the 20km cycling a day.

20-25 minutes on the bike to/from work or much much longer on bus. No-brainer

Suppose I don't think of running as training. Unless its > an hour or speed or hills its just something I do

I was getting back into the swing of things training wise and then I fell out a little.

Basically I was approached about putting myself forward for a job. Long story short this threw me out of my routine.

I got the job and start in a month. Things will be different. I'm looking forward to it.

Now to get back into my routine......

(although I have succumbed to the illness in the house and have a sore throat and ear ache)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Do you still REALLY REALLY want to swallow the magnets?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Could you please post here at some point in the future when all members of your family are well? Id just like to hear about that.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Do you still REALLY REALLY want to swallow the magnets?

No. Not any more. The magnet swallowing also co-incided with my being on support. Swallowing magnets and willing a pakistania first strike are regular thoughts then.
    Oryx wrote: »
    Could you please post here at some point in the future when all members of your family are well? Id just like to hear about that.

Everyone bar me is well. Glenda is well, Eoin is absolutely nuts but well (by nuts I mean he is fully crawling at speed, pulling himself up and getting into things, generally destroying the house), Aoibhe is well and happy out. Wednesday is Dance class day so think that and Saturday are her favourite days of the week!

I'm a crock but what new there!

Years ago myself and a friend decided to go on a really long cycle on the Saturday of a October Bank holiday weekend. We posted clothes to a B&B then rode the 200+km to the B&B, then went out for beers. The next day we cycled back to the in-laws, gorged on Boxty and went out for pints.

It became a tradition. We call it the BBBBW. The Big Boxty Bike and Beer Weekend. A slight misnomer as my companion drinks uber gay Bulmers Berry cider these days. Imagine being in a *mans man*'s pub in the back ar$e of Mayo being sent to the bar for one of those. I got him a pint and told him to shut up. He complained so much I got him a berry cider second time up.

Last year it didn't happen, what with Eoin being born and all :) This year it looked like it wasn't going to happen as it clashed with the first birthday party. (well it didn't but the inlaws were away the intended weekend so it was rescheduled and clashed). Then the brother in law announced he'd be out of the country and we had to move the party. I pretended it was an inconvenience and grumbled a bit. Until herself realised "shut up Dave you know you're going to go cycling with Liam so stop complaining its a big deal".

So we are back on. Usually we base ourselves from Ballyconnell and ride from there. Doing it differently this year. Doiing the Dying Light Audux, then pints in Dublin, then ride to Ballyconnell (150km) the next day. The order for the homemade Boxty has gone in. We *may* have to go cycling with the father in law on the Monday but what harm.

What will do harm is getting hammered out of it by someone just off a plane from Kona. I cannot and will not be lacking in bike fitness for this.

Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Basically I was approached about putting myself forward for a job. Long story short this threw me out of my routine.

I got the job and start in a month. Things will be different. I'm looking forward to it.

Best of luck with the new job Tunney sounds like a fantastic opportunity. You deserved it, you have the credentials, the experience and above all the expertise.........Haribo Inc are lucky to have you on board.

The weekend just gone saw myself and Glenda head to London for four days to visit her sister who had left with her boyfriend to find work.

Much drinking, some running, and a visit to Thorpe park. Absolutely terrifying and totally amazing.

Then Sunday out for the all Ireland, started at 1230 finished 12-13 hours later. I am still hungover today. DDC Lad.

The weekend just gone saw myself and Glenda head to London for four days to visit her sister who had left with her boyfriend to find work.

Much drinking, some running, and a visit to Thorpe park. Absolutely terrifying and totally amazing.

Then Sunday out for the all Ireland, started at 1230 finished 12-13 hours later. I am still hungover today. DDC Lad.

Good endurance work.

feckity feck. I've done a JB and got food poisoning. Might drop down the weight loss table a bit........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

feckity feck. I've done a JB and got food poisoning. Might drop down the weight loss table a bit........

Nothing worse than a dose of the JB's for the weekend.

I wanna go home but I live too far away...........

• Advertisement

I wanna go home but I live too far away...........

MTFU and go for a long swim and bike:) a good 4 weeks of that and you will be near normal weight. Good to see Glenda is taking your weight loss by the scruff of the neck. A bit extreme poisoning you but hey it should work.

MTFU and go for a long swim and bike:)

nah - I'll stick to running today, I prefer to finish the run.

nah - I'll stick to running today, I prefer to finish the run.

Surely you mean power walking, at your pace nobody would consider it running :) we stock some adult nappies if you need some!!

Surely you mean power walking, at your pace nobody would consider it running :) we stock some adult nappies if you need some!!

Untitled.png

You need to perfect that "nipple pose" for Austria, needs work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Have a good one Tunney. You almost look like your smiling in that nipple photo.

So I felt a *little* sick Friday, went to work, left early. Saturday I felt alot sick, won't go into details but fvkced. Likewise Sunday, although I thought I was a little better. Monday in a total jock - off work and at the doctors. Tuesday off work too. Today in work but not anywhere near 100% productivity. Gastroenteritis. Suspected food poisoning. Still in a jock. Drained and wrecked.

Some decent updates to come once I am human again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Had that once, not pleasant at all. Plenty of bogroll in the fridge now ya hear and get well soon.

Basster wrote: »
    Had that once, not pleasant at all. Plenty of bogroll in the fridge now ya hear and get well soon.

Need a bigger fridge to cope with the "demand".

• Advertisement

Was in work yesterday but in all honesty should not have been.

Was in bed at 20.00 last night and slept until 0800 this morning. I had a few "trips" last night and the odd dodi run but mostly slept soundly.

Alot of pain today - hamstrings and hip flexors absolutely hopping. Agony.

Advertisement