Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 - we're going back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Glenda was already on and we have agreed a price of €5 for the SRM DA + PC7. She said you will not get the use out of them so may as well sell them on.

Clarified there and she claims what she actually said was "You can have them for a fiver if you can reach them. They are on the top shelf."

How much are you paying to offload the 910? ;)

Its worth quiet a bit to the right people. Someone dying of thirst in a desert for example. If they cracked the screen there would be enough moisture to keep them alive for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    JB, did you even try to haggle??

She is throwing in the bike as well. She just wants to see it get some usage, understandable really.

She is throwing in the bike as well. She just wants to see it get some usage, understandable really.

Throw down time Mr. Warwick Davis.
    1st December my FTP (absolute) will be at least 10% higher than yours.
    Time to half-man up (or man up in my case) biatch.

tunney wrote: »
    Throw down time Mr. Warwick Davis.
    1st December my FTP (absolute) will be at least 10% higher than yours.
    Time to half-man up (or man up in my case) biatch.

Ha Ha chunky, watts per kg...nice try!! Either way cannot see it unless you give Lance a call for some help.

You are going to hurt this weekend and next on the bike, that much i do know.

• Advertisement

Ha Ha chunky, watts per kg...nice try!! Either way cannot see it unless you give Lance a call for some help.

You are 5 foot 1, I am 5 foot 10 - makes you alot lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Put it to rest, forget kg to watt etc. Time for serious comparison, kg to cm (or kg to inches if you want to continue mixing imperial & metric). Gives us followers a easier metric to understand.

Put it to rest, forget kg to watt etc. Time for serious comparison, kg to cm (or kg to inches if you want to continue mixing imperial & metric). Gives us followers a easier metric to understand.

Here is a photo of myself and JB in Roth if it helps comparison

500full.jpg

Right so Mr. Happy Meal - watts per kg however the 10% is out, just that my watts/kg will be higher than yours.

You are 5 foot 1, I am 5 foot 10 - makes you alot lighter.

Not eating sh1te, jellies and actually doing training is why i am lighter:) Tallest 5ft 10 person i know.

Simple fact is the "chunkier lad" ie you should be naturally able to push out more power than a light dwarf. A straight out power comparison is like comparing apples & oranges. Sure same ride two weeks ago you had to push out what, 20/30w more to make up for the ahem extra padding:)

Great pic though, made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Almost as bad as what you actually did wear in Roth.

Edit: what JB did wear..

Right so Mr. Happy Meal - watts per kg however the 10% is out, just that my watts/kg will be higher than yours.

On like Donkey Kong, best of luck losing 10kg or having an FTP of 345w in 7 weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

500full.jpg

Sorry, which one are you again? :confused::D

( JB - If you get me around DCM as planned then you'll always be Arnie to me :D)

I cancelling the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I cancelling the challenge.

I've checked back in three times today to see if anyone has sought clarity on your comment. You cancelling the FTW december challenge, something buried elsewhere in this log, or Austria?

uberwolf wrote: »

I've checked back in three times today to see if anyone has sought clarity on your comment. You cancelling the FTW december challenge, something buried elsewhere in this log, or Austria?

Apologies. The December challenge. On further reflection I realised that it was only going benefit me and would be detrimental to JB and it should be canned.

"So long and thanks for all the fish.............."

Not quite but yes sort of - the log and my involvement with boards will be coming to, not quite to but nearly, an end.

I'll be checking in on posts occasionally and I'll be doing updates to the log - certainly weekly but probably not more than that.

My activity on boards is inversely proportional to how busy (and happy) I am in work. I start a new job on Monday and I expect to be extremely busy (and hopefully happy).

So I'll still be in and out occasionally but someone else is going to have to take up the mantle of being the resident ar$e.

Anyways not gone yet.............

Three sessions in 24 hours - one run, a turbo and a swim.

All went well. Struggled on the turbo, just not used to biking properly. Will be killed by LCD next weekend. Swim went well main set being 10x100 mod r15s and 4x50 fast on 70 Hit 1:35 for first 6 100s and went off 1:50, 1:45 for last four and off 2. Given I've swam once a month recently not too shabby.

On a downside my SRM PCV sale fell through. The purchasers BB is a weird one so just does fit. Now have to off load these. Bomb proof and more accurate than anything else on the market - no data loss in ANT+ protocol and no dodgy Garmin head unit fecking up the data. Either that or I will buy the ultimate pain cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Its been a mixed bag of a few weeks.
    Training wise its been bad. Very little swimming or running, only three cycles too but one of those was 220km and the other 150km. Both had NPs of over 200 watts and APs close to 190watts. Peak 5 minute was 310 watts and peak 20 around 250watts, not bad seeing as both happened after 4 or so hours riding.
    With two sick kids (yes Oryx they both were sick - viral infection that causes coughs (come back to this later) and then a vomitting bug) and a new job I completely de-prioritised training. Plus the viral infection caused my asthma to flare up. I *could* have HTFed but there would have been a 50/50 chance of getting a full on chest infection rather than just a phlegmy cough (which I still have). However given I'm just in the door in a new job I decided to not risk it. As it was I ended up in work a few days that I should have been in bed.

Work wise its great. Its new, its exciting, its challenging and its going to get more challenging. I like this sort of work and it should be great.

Tot #1 is well and riding her bike around the house. Tot #2 is, as we speak, at the doctors-on-call. Wife is healthy and I am on the mend so this week will be better for training. Some on-site meetings with work may throw things a little lunch time running wise but it should be fun (well interesting).

• Advertisement

Little Eoin, the birthday boy, has a vomiting big and a bad ear infection.

Worst we have ever seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Good luck with the new job, and the balancing!

FTP Test done on Friday

330 for the T5
    283 for the T20

FTP taken as 270

Linky to the test
    http://tpks.ws/tb71

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have you the test set up as an interval session?

Have you the test set up as an interval session?

Looking again it is very obvious that the load is software controlled.

Yes - I have a Computrainer erg file. Very handy,

FTP Test done on Friday

330 for the T5
    283 for the T20

FTP taken as 270

Linky to the test
    http://tpks.ws/tb71

I've been asked on email "why the dip in the middle of the T20?"

I stood up to lean forward and turn the fan up from level 2 to level 3

And the spike at the end is because I undercooked it and lifted it at the end. I suspect 290 average for the t20 would have been the result of an evenly paced t20 but next time!

I was actually going to mail you about wtf you are wearing in that picture:)

I was actually going to mail you about wtf you are wearing in that picture:)

When Glenda was pregnant on Eoin her old work colleagues called over for
    a surprise "you're up the duff again" party.

It was a surprise so I had to make sure Glenda was there and ready for the party. They were to arrive at 2000, at 1930 or so Glenda sat down after a bad day and evening with Aoibhe. I had told her a friend was calling over. "Noel will be here soon, will you ever go do your hair and change your top before he arrives". She nearly fvcking lynched me for being such a pr1ck but appreciated it later.

Anyways I ramble. They arrived with sweeties, chocolate, lots of wine, dressed in "northside chic" and a bunny outfit for me to wear, a comment
    about "being like rabbits". Glenda went to bed early and the rest of us stayed up finishing the wine. Needless to say I woke up the next morning still wearing the bunny outfit and when that photo was taken I was well oiled.

The kids have gotten a few surprises when "bunny daddy" comes into them in the mornings. Takes a while to realise "oh its silly daddy"

• Advertisement

Fun cycle with the DJ and the Dwarf this morning. Started at silly o'clock but was home with the feet up (okay home playing with kids) at 9:45

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/av/2A6ADYZKXIGAK5POTWUGLTOIMU

Advertisement