Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best UK PAYG Call/Data Package

Options
  • 16-07-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to the UK for a week soon enough. I've got an unlocked iPhone 4 and will mainly want to contact friends based in the UK while I'm over there. For everything else I can either use skypeOut calling or free WiFi calls for family and friends back here.

All in all I think a data PAYG plan might be the way to go while I'm there for the week. I've done some looking around and have a few options but I'm wondering if anybody else has gone this route and what they'd recommend. I'm heading to London at the start of August and I'd be happy enough paying 10-20 quid for a PAYG SIM that offered at least 1GB mobile broadband and some bundled calls and texts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Get a three ireland sim and top it up with 20 euro. You'll have unlimited internet while you're there and your phone will work exactly the same as it does here, so no roaming charges or anything. It's called 'Three like home'

Advertisement