Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a tiny translation here!

Options
  • 16-07-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Moin!

I was wondering if somebody could tell me what Butenbremer means. Am I right it means somebody who was born and raised in Bremen and now lives abroad? My bf is from Bremen and I love surprising him with these tiny words he wouldn't expect me to know! Of course, if you have more ideas of how to surprise him - I would love to hear them all!

Danke schoen in advance to all of yous!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

evilberry wrote: »
    Am I right it means somebody who was born and raised in Bremen and now lives abroad?
    Yes, and if you still live in Bremen you're a Binnenbremer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭evilberry

Yes, and if you still live in Bremen you're a Binnenbremer :-)
    Do you know it because you're a Butenbremer or it's just a general knowledge of your language? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

evilberry wrote: »
    Do you know it because you're a Butenbremer or it's just a general knowledge of your language? ;)
    Knowledge of the language which is called Plattdeutsch

Advertisement