Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car key replacement in Waterford

Options
  • 16-07-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here had lost car keys replaced in Waterford? I haven't tried the main dealer yet, but I just want to see what my options are. I need the type of remote key that opens and starts the car.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Buy some vaseline is the best advice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

They are probably going to tell you north of 300 euro and one week to get it, there is a guy in Limerick called the lockdoctor, who will be the cheapest but a long way to Travel, can do almost any car except one pre 96 Volvo as far as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Broke my car key and had to buy a new one, cost me €170 from the main dealer.

Had to pay €50 deposit and they ordered it from Germany, took about a week to arrive and then it took about 30 mins to program it to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Price surely depends on the make/model!!

Lost my car keys during the Tall Ships last year, had to get it replaced by the dealer.

One of the biggest pains in the hole I have ever went through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wan tew

If you still have a the spare key you should be able to program the new key yourself, just google it. It should shave a few quid off the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

do you have one of the keys or have u lost both???
    The auto locksmith in clonmel can help you out. ford tried to charge me 280 for a replacement key but he was only 150.... And he programmed the key to car, whole process took a half hour, jus google autolocksmith clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Try the Lock Shop on Blackfriars , city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

heard an ad for these guys on the wireless. www.autokey.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks a lot lads n ladies..

We lost one bunch of keys that had 2 car keys on it, 1 for each car.
    We have one more bunch of keys that has a key on it for each one so we need to mind that bunch til we get this sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Trotter wrote: »
    Thanks a lot lads n ladies..

We lost one bunch of keys that had 2 car keys on it, 1 for each car.
    We have one more bunch of keys that has a key on it for each one so we need to mind that bunch til we get this sorted!
    If u have the originals the autolocksmith in cloneml will def be able to help...

Advertisement