Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treme

• 16-07-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching the first season of Treme. It's an HBO show about a community of New Orleans musicians in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Made by same people as The Wire and starring a lot of the same actors.

Theres a huge emphasis on New Orleans music and lots of performances from people like Irma Thomas, Dr. John, The Neville Brothers and Allen Toussaint.

Looking forward to seeing season 2 now - Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Treme is pretty damn incredible - watched the first two seasons a few months ago, didn't take long to get through it all once I got into it. There are so many characters to keep track of, yet somehow you get to know them pretty quickly and establish some sort of an emotional connection with them. The music is great too, as can be expected. It's fascinating to watch Dr John and Donald Harrison doing their thing in the middle of an episode - although sometimes I wish they'd linger on the music for a bit longer. There are some really great musical moments in Season 2 also, you're in for a treat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Yeah really enjoyed season 1 looked at it a couple of times ,must get season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Season two is amazing, while developing the characters & plot they manage to showcase the wide variety of musical genres being played in "N'Awlins" - everything from beautiful instrumental jazz to head-rockin' hip-hop. A veritable aural banquet, whatever your tastes.

The soundtracks to both seasons (have the 1st, will get the 2nd in the next few months I'd say) are available online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah. Was wondering what Bounce was . Understand it now after seeing Davis visit a club.
    Custardpi wrote: »
    Season two is amazing, while developing the characters & plot they manage to showcase the wide variety of musical genres being played in "N'Awlins" - everything from beautiful instrumental jazz to head-rockin' hip-hop. A veritable aural banquet, whatever your tastes.

The soundtracks to both seasons (have the 1st, will get the 2nd in the next few months I'd say) are available online.

Advertisement