Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 Year Old Irish Kid Signs for Barca

• 16-07-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4431094/Zak-of-the-net-for-young-Irish-Messi.html
    THIS talented Irish player is set to take the football world by storm — after signing for Barcelona FC.
    Zak Gilsenan, nine, from Castleknock, Dublin, has been snapped up by the Spanish giants after wowing scouts when he scored SEVEN goals in a trial.
    The schoolboy saw off 400 other starlets to seal a place at the FCBEscola football academy — which has produced such famous stars as Xavi, Iniesta and Zak’s favourite player Lionel Messi.
    Dad Stephen Gilsenan said the whole family will now up sticks and move to Spain to help the midfield ace follow his dream.
    Stephen told the Irish Sun: “We were living in Australia when Zak was spotted by Spurs, who were running football camps over there.
    What chances that he ends up playing his compatriot who moved to Real earlier this year?

Comments

He is rumored to be dating Caroline Flack !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hi Son we're going to move the whole family in the hope that you get rich and famous. No pressure though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It’s his dream to play for Ireland.
    Good to see as well!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Future's bright for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope he becomes the new Messi.

Wont hold my breath though.

How many of these stories have we heard before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hope he becomes the new Messi.

Wont hold my breath though.

How many of these stories have we heard before?

Irish children going to Spanish clubs? Not many.

Let the battle between John Joe Finn and Zak Gilsenan begin!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Irish children going to Spanish clubs? Not many.

Was talking more about stories that make headlines.

Its along the lines of that kid George Best said was going be next Pele and he nowhere to be seen now.

I wish the kid the very best of luck. We could do with some quality players.

But I am being realistic too. Its as hard to make in England as it is in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Any kid called John Joe is going to win any fight there.

Even if meat hooks are disallowed.

Both children look the part.

finn1-310x415.jpg

And the photo that you can google for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Cracking heads of hair on both boys, these are the type of hairstyles i want to see in the green of Ireland.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Cracking heads of hair on both boys, these are the type of hairstyles i want to see in the green of Ireland.

Paul McShane has set a trend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

They don't look very irish do they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

if the kid makes it to the big time...he's bound to pull on the spanish jersey before the irish..he'll have a spanish passport in 2-3 years.

gustafo wrote: »
    They don't look very irish do they

First child is Spanish despite his name. His Father is from Ballyhaunis and IIRC, his mother is Moroccan.

The Barca fella seems to have lived in both Australia and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Im in the John Joe camp. He tracks back more. Zak is a big time Charlie with his flicks and tricks. He doesn't do it in the big games either like in the castleknock mini world cup 2011. He told the manager he's taking the 5th peno in a shoot out but the shootout didn't get that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nozebleed wrote: »
    if the kid makes it to the big time...he's bound to pull on the spanish jersey before the irish..he'll have a spanish passport in 2-3 years.

Not necessarily! Have you seen the players who can't even get into the Spanish team at the moment?

Also, he says he wants to play for Ireland right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Zak is a big time Charlie with his flicks and tricks. He doesn't do it in the big games either like in the castleknock mini world cup 2011. He told the manager he's taking the 5th peno in a shoot out but the shootout didn't get that far.

True .... its all very well running around , showin skills in the sunshine in Spain , but can he do it on a rainy night in Ballyfermot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Not necessarily! Have you seen the players who can't even get into the Spanish team at the moment?

Jesus they should be given a chance now with ireland, they proberly would do better than the crocks we have at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

gustafo wrote: »
    Jesus they should be given a chance now with ireland, they proberly would do better than the crocks we have at the moment.

He scored 7 goals in a game, way too attacking for Trap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

stovelid wrote: »
    Any kid called John Joe is going to win any fight there.

Even if meat hooks are disallowed.

johnjoebrennan-230x150.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

MrStuffins wrote: »

We should cap them both in our next friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Mars Bar - have you gotten permission to post that image ???

Please remove the image of Zak Gilsenan - I am the copyright owner of this image and failure to remove this image will result in legal action against boards.ie and possibly against user mars bar.....the image has been reported to boards for copyright infringement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

PCPhoto wrote: »

Please remove the image of Zak Gilsenan - I am the copyright owner of this image and failure to remove this image will result in legal action against boards.ie and possibly against user mars bar.....the image has been reported to boards for copyright infringement.
    I sold ten copies of it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

lolwut?!

Jaysus!

That's the photo that was in the newspaper. Feckin' hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bit over the ****ing top, nobody here is the copywrite owner of any photos posted here and nobody claims to be, nobody is making money off of them either.

That's a really tall horse you're due to fall off there.

What if I use this pic instead? You own this too?

She could claim she was quoting the Hearld, where it is posted as well.

Are you that afraid you might miss out on a few pence that you'd threaten legal action even though you know nothing would ever come of it?

HN_brogan_1076462t.jpg

I'd say ever sicne you sold a copy of the thing you've been googling his name, paranoid someone might be using it without consent.

Some people really do have so little to worry about. Lucky them.

Justice for Mars Bar!!!!!

Actually, now that I think of it, isn't there a rule on boards where if you threaten legal action it's a ban!?!?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Actually, now that I think of it, isn't there a rule on boards where if you threaten legal action it's a ban!?!?

It's a perma-ban as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Was just thinking the very same thing!!!

Anyway, getting back on topic.

The previous thread on the Finn signing caused some debate about children moving away at such a young age.
    That kid turned out to be living in Spain anyway.
    Now this kid is definitely moving country and not a peep about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Does he track back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

lol saaa-aaad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anyway, getting back on topic.

The previous thread on the Finn signing caused some debate about children moving away at such a young age.
    That kid turned out to be living in Spain anyway.
    Now this kid is definitely moving country and not a peep about it!

What are the downsides? The kid's game will vastly improve, he will learn Spanish, there's probably a financial incentive for the family too. And they seemed to be willing to go in the interview too. Chance of a lifetime, nobody could possibly turn it down!

Eathrin wrote: »
    What are the downsides? The kid's game will vastly improve, he will learn Spanish, there's probably a financial incentive for the family too. And they seemed to be willing to go in the interview too. Chance of a lifetime, nobody could possibly turn it down!

I agree completely! But there is people who will try and find the negative in anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Please remove the image of Zak Gilsenan - I am the copyright owner of this image and failure to remove this image will result in legal action against boards.ie and possibly against mars bar.....the image has been reported to boards for copyright infringement.
    Off you go, I've always been a Snickers man myself anyway :pac:

The down side is uprooting his whole family.

Barca will give his dad a bull**** job on high wages to get around the rules about not paying for players under a certain age, just like they have for years.

Bending the rules to sign players outside their area.

I've taken your image and photoshopped a picture of a unicorn into the background and uploaded it to my flickr, what ya gonna do about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Barca will give his dad a bull**** job on high wages

I think he'll be a happy man for it then.

Barca will give his dad a bull**** job on high wages to get around the rules about not paying for players under a certain age, just like they have for years.

Bending the rules to sign players outside their area.

His dad was a miner which is a fairly crappy job. I don't think the father is going to be too unhappy with the change in scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I've taken your image and photoshopped a picture of a unicorn into the background and uploaded it to my flickr, what ya gonna do about it?

If ever there was an appropriate time to use this - here it is.

Pics or GTFO !!!

I've reconstructed the picture of this kid so as not to upset Sherlock over here.

9CMd4.jpg

:pac:

That's class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Someone give that man post of the day. ^ :D

Jesus dude, you need to copyright that shít, it's a masterpiece!!

Jesus dude, you need to copyright that shít, it's a masterpiece!!

I will allow anyone to post it wherever they want, because I'm not a precious dick like that ;)

This is actually turning into a great thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

is there a rule for breaching copyright laws ?

posting an image on the internet without permission of the copyright holder is a breach of copyright and in this case - I take my job very serious so anyone out there who thinks its ok to use an image without permission...think again.

posting an image on the internet without permission of the copyright holder is a breach of copyright and in this case - I take my job very serious so anyone out there who thinks its ok to use an image without permission...think again.

I think the problem was with the dramatics. A nicely worded PM would have been the way to go I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It depends on how it's done. Hotlinking doesn't violate copyright, else google image search would be fecked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement