Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courses with good career prospects?

• 16-07-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Are there any courses in university that have good career prospects that are relatively high paying?

I expect to get between 300-400 points in the leaving cert if I really try maybe 400+ but I strongly doubt that haha.

Thank you for your time
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

computer science in i.t"s wud be perfect
    or accounting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'd second computer science or something along those lines. There's any amount of developer jobs being advertised and not being filled (I work in a software development company and we've been looking for a while now)
    Decent wages in it as well in some sectors...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It's hard to get very good wages in a job you have no interest in or aptitude for. And you may hate the job, or drop out of your course, or end up with it having a negative impact on you. In other words, it's a very bad idea to pick a course or career based entirely on job prospects or money. Pick something you like, and you'll be far more likely to end up happy, regardless of the pay.

Advertisement