Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business startup when you have a job

Options
  • 16-07-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi, I currently have a full time job with a large company. I also do some nixers on the side. The nixers are turning out to earn me in and around the same amount as my full time job. Might sound crazy but just wondering if anybody knows if I can legit own and run a company, be a director whilst working for a completely seperate company aswell. Id like to make it a business as i9ts something I enjoy but at the moment i could make 20€ 1 week and 400 the next so I dont want to loose my full time job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Its possible to run another company as well as hold down a full time job at the same time. However you would need to ensure that you do not breach your employment contract by competing against your current employer for contracts etc.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Cheers for the reply, do you know how Id go about tax and government issues. I have cleared it with the manager of the company I work for, they are related but offer deifferent services. Im happy to pay tax on what I earn regarding the small business, but would the tax office require minimum earnings for it. Id rather it didn effect my PAYE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Go to revenue.ie and complete TR1 (company) or TR2 (sole trader)

You also need to register a business name with the CRO if you are trading under a name that is different to your own.

Kind Regards

Dbran

Advertisement