Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegie Burgers

Options
  • 16-07-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

We are having a vegiteran visitor this weekend. I want to make some simple burgers.
    Any suggestions wellcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

I'm not just doing burgers. I want to do a vegiterian version of this
    http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/aubergine-beef-kefta.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

On the burger front - I think bean burgers are delicious. Plenty of recipes floating about if you google, but this is what I use:

1/2 tin kidney beans
    1/2 tin chick peas
    1 carrot finely grated
    1/2 onion
    2 cloves garlic
    Chilly flakes (I like em hot so use loads)
    1 egg
    2 heaped table spoons flour
    Salt
    Pepper

Sautee the onions and garlic. Crush the beans with a fork in a bowl. Mix all ingredients into the beans. Make patty shapes out of the mixture and fry in a small amount of olive oil. You can throw more/other veg in as well depending on what you have.

Makes about 4 large pattys.

If its a BBQ you're doing, you could cheat and use the Linda McCarthy Mozzerella Burgers (can be found in Tesco in the frozen foods section). I really like the taste of them when done on the BBQ.

And on the other recipe, you can get quorn mince which you could just use as a replacement for the beef mince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

+1 on the bean burgers, so delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

jimfinoc wrote: »
    I'm not just doing burgers. I want to do a vegiterian version of this
    http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/aubergine-beef-kefta.html

oh that looks lovely ^_^

about the burgers, I'm not great for recipes, I normally just do a quick google when I want to make something but all I want to say is do anything but a vegetable burger. I hate when you're out somewhere and the veggie burger is some kind of crappy vegetable patty :(

Advertisement