Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute Moderator

Options
  • 16-07-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Scofflaw has banned me and wants to continue it. I object to his accusation that my figures are suspect .Generalisations but on real people ,scaremongering and inciting racism. I can back up any figures been looking at them for days .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, I'm afraid I'm going to have to nip this dispute in the bud.

I think you are causing yourself a lot of unnecessary trouble on this site by the manner in which you post.

While I appreciate you are angry at losing your job and I understand that from your posts you have relationship issues, along with what appears to be some negative sentiment towards people not from Ireland, simply venting and spouting anti-immigrant bile will get you nowhere.

If you want reasoned debate on the issue, there are ways to approach it. Digging up threads from 5 years ago, as you have just done, is not the way to go about things.

So, please take a step back, see how things work, get a feel for what is acceptable and not acceptable and become an active member in a vibrant community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ok, I'm afraid I'm going to have to nip this dispute in the bud.

I think you are causing yourself a lot of unnecessary trouble on this site by the manner in which you post.

While I appreciate you are angry at losing your job and I understand that from your posts you have relationship issues, along with what appears to be some negative sentiment towards people not from Ireland, simply venting and spouting anti-immigrant bile will get you nowhere.

If you want reasoned debate on the issue, there are ways to approach it. Digging up threads from 5 years ago, as you have just done, is not the way to go about things.

So, please take a step back, see how things work, get a feel for what is acceptable and not acceptable and become an active member in a vibrant community.

How if I just post facts with reputable links and no comment.
    There are things that need to improve in the system I just highlight it.

atkin wrote: »
    How if I just post facts with reputable links and no comment.

That kinda defeats the purpose of a discussion forum, doesn't it?
    There are things that need to improve in the system I just highlight it.

No you don't, you vent. As I've said, reasoned, rational debate is fine, venting and spouting vitriol is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    That kinda defeats the purpose of a discussion forum, doesn't it?

No you don't, you vent. As I've said, reasoned, rational debate is fine, venting and spouting vitriol is not.

Well some just want to pick fault and offer nothing else.

Well some just want to pick fault and offer nothing else.

Ok, I see we are getting nowhere, so I will give you one last option to reply, I am then closing this thread.

• Advertisement

That's all folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement