Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teppanyaki

Options
  • 16-07-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recent feedback on any of the Teppanyaki places around dublin.

Theres a thread or 2 but all pretty old.

And whats the story with numbers? I know its better as a group but can 2 people just walk in and join a table, wouldnt bother me at all really, Just dont want to walk in and be told you need 10 people :)

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Mitsuba on Parnell Street has a teppanyaki table and it has good food. I lived in Japan for two years and Mitsuba is the closest thing to real Japanese food.

You have to book the table, but I think you only need two people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Morpork wrote: »
    Mitsuba on Parnell Street has a teppanyaki table and it has good food. I lived in Japan for two years and Mitsuba is the closest thing to real Japanese food.

You have to book the table, but I think you only need two people.

I've only had the dinner menu, but I have to say I didn't think that Mitsuba was very authentic. A lot of Chinese ingredients and flavours that I wouldn't associate with Japanese food.

Ten Thousand on Liffey St would be much more authentic, in my experience. Doesn't do Teppanyaki, though :)

I've only had the dinner menu, but I have to say I didn't think that Mitsuba was very authentic. A lot of Chinese ingredients and flavours that I wouldn't associate with Japanese food.

Ten Thousand on Liffey St would be much more authentic, in my experience. Doesn't do Teppanyaki, though :)

Interesting that you feel that way. Have you lived in Japan before? Which prefecture?

Ten Thousand is run by Chinese and I found that they were much less authentic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, I've lived, studied and worked in Japan (Kyoto and Okayama) for more than 2 years.

I know Ten Thousand is run by Chinese, but the food seems much more authentic. I've been to Mitsuba a few times for dinner and was massively disappointed. Dishes served up on a massive plate of stir-fried beansprouts, carrots etc. Not quite washoku!

Whatever I ordered from Mitsuba, that wasn't the case thankfully. Perhaps I'll give Ten Thousand another go! Only been there twice.

I lived in Nara and Osaka, so we'd probably have a similar experience with Japanese food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You could also try the Tippenyaki in Rathmines.

Advertisement