Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle Half Marathon Training

Options
  • 16-07-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Hey hows it going? I'm planning running the dingle half marathon on the 1st of September and just started training for it. I ran 4K today in 21 and half minutes. Does anyone have any idea of a rough plan I could follow for the next 6 weeks to get myself up to near enough the 13.1 mile distance? I'd be of reasonable fitness myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whitecoat12

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ronanos

Hi,

Did you follow any plan? I am doing 1/2 marathon as well but really only able to do 4/5 miles jogging and then have to walk. Havent stepped up to a longer distance so going to try to do 10 miles this week at some stage.

How is your training coming on? Did you google the marathon plans?

Thanks,
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 netball28

I'm in the same boat- do 2-3 runs of about 6(ish!) miles on a good week.. Otherwise it's a quick 3mile route. I'm really unsure as to how I should build up the distance. I also am unsure as to whether I should pull my 6mile runs back to a shorter distance and keep to just one longer run (building distance on this run: eg. 6, 8, 10, 11 miles) at the weekend.. There is a half marathon in Waterford at the beginning of December that I am (provisionally!) setting my sights on.. Any advice from any experienced half-marathon runners would be hugely appreciated.

Advertisement