Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

awec wrote: »
    Stressed to the max at the moment, it fecking sucks! :(

On the other hand, I bought new shoes! :D (This sounds quite strange on re-read, but feck it).

Shoes cure everything!

Can you get out for a quick cycle any evening? Would help the stress bigtime. Hope alls ok x

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all.

Hows everyone??

Nice and relaxed after my few days off and only a 2 day week in work helps too.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Finally!

Got a call back from o2, I start in a week :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Finally!

Congrats mate, what type of role is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Finally!

Well done man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Afternoon all.

How's everyone?

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

How's everyone?
    Gut.

Went training last night - can't do heavy work but got loads of running in and a small bit of kicking so feeling good today....sleepy though....so very, very sleepy!

And yourself?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Congrats mate, what type of role is it?

Standard retail sales.
    Frankly I don't really care, been out of work for a while so I'm just happy to get back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Finally!

Wuhoooo, well done :D:D

Such a nice day, it was like being in a foreign country the weather was so nice :D

• Advertisement

FRIDAY!!
    \o/

and about bloody time.. :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    Gut.

Went training last night - can't do heavy work but got loads of running in and a small bit of kicking so feeling good today....sleepy though....so very, very sleepy!

And yourself?

That's cool. Shur you wrote that yesterday, by now I'd say you're grand again. :D

I am fantastic! Was meant to be working Saturday night, but the function that was meant to be on was cancelled, so I'm getting a night off. A Saturday night off! :D I honestly can't remember the last time I got a Saturday night off. And I'm off Sunday too! :D It's like winning the barman lottery! :D The other side of that though is that I'm genuinely feeling pressure to do something cool/fun to make the most of my Saturday off.

Also, flights booked, off to Canada on the 21st of November. :D

Morning all. Good God it's warm!

I was going to go for a run, but I think I'd just end up as a puddle on the road somewhere. :o

How is everyone doing today?

Is it wrong that, after some 13 years of listening to Blink 182, I still find myself air-drumming along with them like a complete gimp?

Feck it, it's fun!

How is everyone doing today?

Is it wrong that, after some 13 years of listening to Blink 182, I still find myself air-drumming along with them like a complete gimp?

Feck it, it's fun!
    Their music reminds me of summers gone man but there's absolutely nothing wrong with air drumming.

I'm in good form - lovely day in Cork, had a nice walk to work, it's Friday and Liverpool played some good football last night, I know it was Gomel but still happy to see Borini scoring and linking up well with Suarez :)

What's everybody at for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I finished work just after 3am this morning, came home, didn't nod off till well after 5am, bout 3 hours cot time was had.
    This day is getting more beautiful by the minute, and here I am, yawning like an aul crocked aul croc thing..!:o

Fair play Kev OC, heading to Canada myself end of September (Vancouver) the nerves are setting in, exciting as hell!

That's cool. Shur you wrote that yesterday, by now I'd say you're grand again. :D

I am fantastic! Was meant to be working Saturday night, but the function that was meant to be on was cancelled, so I'm getting a night off. A Saturday night off! :D I honestly can't remember the last time I got a Saturday night off. And I'm off Sunday too! :D It's like winning the barman lottery! :D The other side of that though is that I'm genuinely feeling pressure to do something cool/fun to make the most of my Saturday off.

Also, flights booked, off to Canada on the 21st of November. :D

Morning all. Good God it's warm!

I was going to go for a run, but I think I'd just end up as a puddle on the road somewhere. :o
    Fair play man delighted for you - the day off and Canada!

I'm still wrecked though! :pac:

Was so warm last night - lay down on the bed to cool off a bit before going under the covers - passed out and woke up still on the bed at 7am....weird!

Ah shur Panthro I'll only be a stones throw from you so. Spending a day in Vancouver myself before heading up to Whistler. I think it's about a 2 hour drive. Here, in a country you can essentially cross in 2 hours, it seems like a long time, but in a place as big as Canada, the two cities/towns are pretty much a conurbation. :pac:

Paulie, sleeping on the bed and not in it was probably for the better. I hate trying to sleep when it's really warm. Woke up this morning, room was roasting, and not a cold-spot to be found in the bed. Stupid heat. :mad:

Ah shur Panthro I'll only be a stones throw from you so. Spending a day in Vancouver myself before heading up to Whistler. I think it's about a 2 hour drive. Here, in a country you can essentially cross in 2 hours, it seems like a long time, but in a place as big as Canada, the two cities/towns are pretty much a conurbation. :pac:

Paulie, sleeping on the bed and not in it was probably for the better. I hate trying to sleep when it's really warm. Woke up this morning, room was roasting, and not a cold-spot to be found in the bed. Stupid heat. :mad:
    Oh I was delighted - slept like a child :D

• Advertisement

Afternoon all, amazing weather, really enjoying my holidays :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Afternoon all, amazing weather, really enjoying my holidays :D
    I'm on holiday :)

iJRov46fTtODM.gif

I even managed to top up my tan today :D Here's hoping tomorrow is like this again :)

Pembily wrote: »
    I even managed to top up my tan today :D Here's hoping tomorrow is like this again :)
    I've news for you, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.:P

Tee hee hee. :cool:
    Not where I am :p

Best mate has lost his passport, looks like I'm going without him. Absolutely gutted :(:(

Ah jaysus. That totally sucks awec :(

what a pain awec, sorry to hear it
    hopefully like you were saying he'll get an emergency one and new flights out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What a beautiful day.

Morning all.

/stretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Afternoon all! Kind of forgot to post here for the last few weeks.

How are you all doing? :)

One of the lads managed to twist his ankle this afternoon, so no day off for me anymore. :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I drank a bottle of wine last night....

I never drink wine usually...

ow

ow

ow...

my head hurts...

The "All you can eat" was interesting though!:D

One of the lads managed to twist his ankle this afternoon, so no day off for me anymore. :mad: :(

Ah here. Pants to that Kev :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Panthro wrote: »
    I drank a bottle of wine last night....

I never drink wine usually...

ow

ow

ow...

my head hurts...

The "All you can eat" was interesting though!:D

I'll be having a bottle of wine tonight.. And that's before I actually go out and start on the drink properly. I'll probably just copy paste your post tomorrow afternoon. :pac:

• Advertisement

Been very quiet in here lately.

Im sitting in having a quiet weekend after my debauchery in Holland,tis badly needed.

Necronos wrote: »
    Been very quiet in here lately.

Im sitting in having a quiet weekend after my debauchery in Holland,tis badly needed.
    Yeah where is everyone?? I'm still on holidays so more drinking is needed :D:D

I figured it was cos you were away and Daisies is using goat powered dial up!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JuliaJones

Hi, Are newbies welcome??

Newbies are always welcome!

Wilkommen JJ!

• Advertisement

Danke!

Well I'm broke and hungover tonight so thats my excuse, how come you arent out and about?

Im a bit smashed myself,was away week before last and did the absolute dog on it for 5 days,had a mentally busy week at work so my poor carcass needs a break.

I was lying on the couch watching the US open but stupid lightning threat means play has been postponed.

:mad:

There is nothing like getting some well needed R&R at times!

That's a pain about the open, I'm re-watching Distraction at the min, havnt the brain power for much more!

Is that a quiz show?

Shooting Stars just started!

w00t!

Its a Jimmy Carr quiz show, was on years and years ago, basically he makes the contestants do weird and degrading stuff, good for a laugh tho!
    I love Jimmy Carr's comedy, he isnt everyones cup of tea!

I find him kinda hit and miss but when he is on form he is brilliant.

Yeah, he has a great way with hecklers, but sometimes you can feel he is trying to be a bit too controversial,

I loved the way he handled doing a 8 out of 10 cats show after the whole tax evasion story had broken, he just took it all and didnt try defend himself, even though he technically didnt break any law

Its a show Ive never gotten into.I prefer Have I Got News For You!

yeah that's good too, tbh I wouldnt be a massive fan of those panel type shows, they can be good, have you seen Would I Lie to You?

Cant say I have but then again I dont watch all that much tv anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement