Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hermione* wrote: »
    Honestly, about ten years ago. I’ve been doing it for six, and it was quite popular back then.

Really? Well then, good thing I have an excuse to help me look less ignorant. 10 years ago I'd have been too young to know people doing yoga. :)
    Panthro wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you realize you've put on a stone weight since September. Ohhh dear.

Don't worry buddy, took a lot of hard work to put that there. Just use the excuse my uncle always gives for the belly; dropped chest.

I am in an awesome mood! Spent yesterday hanging out with one of my best friends, who I haven't seen properly in about 10 months. That same friend, who's pretty handy on the old compooters, took it upon himself to fix my ageing laptop, and today set about getting me upgraded to Windows 7.

Got onto my employment guy in Vancouver last night, and he said he'll have work for me starting from next week. Then my parents said they'd pay for my flight over, and put me up for a week (only child :D). And then, to top it all off, one of my best friends told me she's going to start saving up for a skiing holiday to Canada next year. :D

Everything's coming up Milhouse! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

After noon dude! Tell me this - are you coming to the Rumble party? Or considering it?

Would love to man but the fact its on a school night and I dont want to go into the job reeking of grog,as I no doubt would,so going to have to give it a miss.

Im definitely in for Mania though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. It's Friday at last. That was one long week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Necronos wrote: »
    Would love to man but the fact its on a school night and I dont want to go into the job reeking of grog,as I no doubt would,so going to have to give it a miss!

*cough* get the day off *cough*
    Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. It's Friday at last. That was one long week

Morning - I have decided I am going to start calling you "Happy Dais"!

Whoever gets the reference wins a cookie*!!

:D

*disclaimer - cookie will be in picture form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Really? Well then, good thing I have an excuse to help me look less ignorant. 10 years ago I'd have been too young to know people doing yoga. :)
    Eh, are you trying to call me old? :( :P
    I knew of yoga when I was a teenager, long before I started it myself (or knew people doing it :P). It got lots of media attention because of that Madonna film with Rupert Everett, the name of which escapes me. I've always been a big newspaper reader, though :D

How was your yoga, Neccy?

Is it a tv programme, Grames? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

COOKIE FOR ME!!!!

I LOVE yoga. LOVE it. I had a bad accident years back and I damaged my back quite badly. Thanks to somatic yoga and swimming, I am completely back to my bendy, pre accident self :)

Funding came through for my son's netbook, woohoo!!! No more writing WOOOHOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

How was your yoga, Neccy?

I would also like to know!

Did very little at the gym last night but at least I went and did a bit - baby steps now I'm back playing ball.

Looking forward to a swim, sauna and steam to start the weekend later :)

Happy Friday btw!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

*cough* get the day off *cough*

Morning - I have decided I am going to start calling you "Happy Dais"!

Whoever gets the reference wins a cookie*!!

:D

*disclaimer - cookie will be in picture form!

Might it be this? :D I used to love that show..."these happy days are yours and mine, Happy Days!" :D Showing my age.

Oh, have heard of somatic yoga, Lucyfur! Sounds cool. Great news about the netbook :D

Well done for starting back, D'Agger! I haven’t yet, oops :o A mental week at work has not been conducive to routine :/
    Might go fo a swim at the weekend. I find swimming very relaxing.

Happy Friday :)/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Its Friday.. at last..

Didnt get a chance to reply to D'Agger and GB about my chaos filled week, but its coming to a close now.. so its over and done with.

Off doing my hop skip and jump around Europe atm with work, but getting to spend a few days to chill in the middle and who knows, mebbe get some lovin :cool:;)

Anyone any plans for the weekend??

• Advertisement

Is it a tv programme, Grames? :pac:

yes it is but not the one you are thinking of!! :pac:
    miamee wrote: »
    Might it be this? :D I used to love that show..."these happy days are yours and mine, Happy Days!" :D Showing my age.

no it is not! (well actually this show was probably referencing that with the name but still") This was actually spelled "Happy Dais"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yoga was class,signed up for the full programme!

Can't get the Monday off Mr Bond as I'm off the Friday before it as myself and herself are going to mayo for the weekend!

Necronos wrote: »
    Can't get the Monday off Mr Bond as I'm off the Friday before it as myself and herself are going to mayo for the weekend!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Eh, are you trying to call me old? :( :P

No "trying" about it, gramps! :pac:

Yes, I'm aware you're a woman, but calling you "nana" doesn't have quite the same effect.

All booked. Going back to Canada next Friday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yes, I'm aware you're a woman, but calling you "nana" doesn't have quite the same effect.

All booked. Going back to Canada next Friday! :D

Think after calling Hermione old, you'll need to flee the country sooner than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Long day is long.

Had pad thai for the first time at lunch....didn't like it but I think it was down to they way it was made, would try it again but I hate when you try something new and it doesn't work out :(

:(:(:(
    Oi, mods! One of you must be older than I, and feel obliged to put this youngster in his place! :pac:
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think after calling Hermione old, you'll need to flee the country sooner than that.
    LOL! :D

Love Thai food, D'agger, but actually not mad about Pad Thai. I prefer a Thai soup or curry.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

D'Agger wrote: »
    Long day is long.

Had pad thai for the first time at lunch....didn't like it but I think it was down to they way it was made, would try it again but I hate when you try something new and it doesn't work out :(

+1 long day is very long. Meant to be going for leaving drinks for someone after work but I think I will be skulking off home to the leaba, I'm so tired I'm feeling slightly dizzy. Never good :(

Oh and good Pad Thai is my absolute favourite but it's very hard to get them just right (or just the way I like it :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

:(:(:(
    Oi, mods! One of you must be older than I, and feel obliged to put this youngster in his place! :pac:LOL! :D

Love Thai food, D'agger, but actually not mad about Pad Thai. I prefer a Thai soup or curry.
    Panthro is older than you!

I just had fish pie, I have prosecco and Home and Away :D All is good!

I have pad thai when I was out before too and I didn't like it either D'Agger.

Yippee more yoga addicts!

*whispers*

What age is Hermione?

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    *whispers*

What age is Hermione?
    Younger than you I think :P

Pembily wrote: »
    Younger than you I think :P

I thought so :mad:

I r ancient :(

I thought so :mad:

I r ancient :(
    Teehee! I am not far behind you! But you are only as young as the man you feel ;)

Teehee! I am not far behind you! But you are only as young as the man you feel ;)

That makes me 40 :(

I don't like this game :mad:

:pac:

That makes me 40 :(

I don't like this game :mad:

:pac:
    OOOPPPSSS!

Do you want a glass of wine?

OOOPPPSSS!

Do you want a glass of wine?

I'm off drink!!!!

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!

Ah I don't really want a drink anyway. I've a full day at work tomorrow so it wouldn't be a good idea

jayz pemb dig up :rolleyes::p:p

I'm off drink!!!!

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!

Ah I don't really want a drink anyway. I've a full day at work tomorrow so it wouldn't be a good idea
    That is why I am having a glass of wine - tomorrow will be a looong day!

Some chocolate? Some fish pie?

That is why I am having a glass of wine - tomorrow will be a looong day!

Some chocolate? Some fish pie?

No chocolate. I have to get married soon and my arse looks like the moon. Pie would be nice. What kind fish? Is there salmon? And prawns?

• Advertisement

Can I make a fish pie joke

bluewolf wrote: »

Yes please

No chocolate. I have to get married soon and my arse looks like the moon. Pie would be nice. What kind fish? Is there salmon? And prawns?
    Cod, salmon and prawns and it's from M&S but still low kcal :D
    How?

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Damn the fcuking urban dictionary :mad:

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    awec cannot decide between pasta and Chinese.

Don't be a silly!!!

BOTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

awec wrote: »
    awec cannot decide between pasta and Chinese.

Simple solution.

Both.
    om-all-the-noms-thumb.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is Alf still on Home and Away?

bw, soon we'll be Fringeless. :(

I know :(:(:(:(
    how many more are left again? Is it on this weekend

Simple solution.

Both.
    I agree, have both :P
    Is Alf still on Home and Away?(
    He sure is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah. I thought it was 3, but this week and a double for the finale next week. :( I think they'll deliver the goods, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

3 episodes. 2 weeks. Episode airs in the States tonight and 2 next week. Apparently Sky airing the finale at the same time as the States

Oh yeah, heard about that.

And I knew recognised your name, Castor, I just didn't get the reference until Face/Off was on TV the other day. :o

I've just looked up Alf Stewart memes and some are a bit rude...

*whispers*

What age is Hermione?
    Oldie! No, I'm 30. And I don't feel old at all :pac:

So glad that week's over. Long week was loooooong!

Oldie! No, I'm 30. And I don't feel old at all :pac:

So glad that week's over. Long week was loooooong!

YAY SOMEONE ELSE IS 30!!!!!

*runs round in cirles*

*bro fist*

My friend i was in the states with is 30 next month and she kept getting ID'd
    lol

My friend i was in the states with is 30 next month and she kept getting ID'd
    lol

Yeah, well....

*grumble*

High five for a 30 and up club. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

*throws teenage strop and storms out*

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

That_Guy wrote: »
    Angry post:

Dear fúck bag,

Instead of throwing up a picture on Facebook of a disfigured dog to "raise awareness of animal cruelty", how about you get the fúck off the internet.

I'm aware of animal cruelty as is everyone else. WE DON'T NEED A PICTURE OF A DISFIGURED DOG RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS. Instead of getting as many "likes" as possible how about you just donate money or time to these organisations instead of doing fúck all about it.

ever think about acting tarrintino love you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement