Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

*throws teenage strop and storms out*

Yeah, but how many 90s songs do you actually know, really? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

90s FTW.
    How's this for starters? :pac:

You don't wanna get me started on it, trust me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ah b*witched, twas the summer of 1998.....fades off in nostalgia cloud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, OK. Not that I clicked play or anything. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I knew recognised your name, Castor, I just didn't get the reference until Face/Off was on TV the other day. :o

Yup. Of course I usually make out I made it up the same way the name was made up for that movie. Castor and Pollux were the brothers involved in the Trojan war.

And 31 and 50 weeks here. :)

I see your B*Witched and raise you possibly the greatest upcoming show of the year
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0107/bewitched.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

59 weeks till I'm 30 :(

Can't beat a bit of B'Witched!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Pembily wrote: »
    59 weeks till I'm 30 :(

Can't beat a bit of B'Witched!

OMG!!!! Don't be thinking about 30 when you're still only 28!!!!

I'm 17. In my head.

Like I said before, I'm 13 going on 23

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yer all only 30 and under?! *backs slowly out of thread* :P

• Advertisement

After 30, NCT is mandatory. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

90s FTW.

Oh, that reminds me, on the last night of my ski instructor course (also conveniently my birthday), we went to a nightclub that was having a 90's night.

And yes, it was exactly as awesome as it sounds!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    OMG!!!! Don't be thinking about 30 when you're still only 28!!!!

I'm 17. In my head.
    HAHAHA, it's going to be one almghty party!

But I really am only about 16 (without the annoying teenage stuff) or under the rules I posted earlier 24 :pac:
    miamee wrote: »
    Yer all only 30 and under?! *backs slowly out of thread* :P
    Ah come back granny ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

:eek: :(
    I'll be back with me wooden spoon, young lady :P

:eek: :(
    I'll be back with me wooden spoon, young lady :P
    Oh yes please ;)

Ah none of ye ladies look a day over 23.

Well except those of ye under 23. Ye look your age.

• Advertisement

Very diplomatic there Castor :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Right so 59 weeks to be back for the party! Having a quiet weekend this weekend. Might even go for a run in the morning (ah who am I kidding, not gonna happen)

Daisies wrote: »
    Right so 59 weeks to be back for the party! Having a quiet weekend this weekend. Might even go for a run in the morning (ah who am I kidding, not gonna happen)
    Yup :D You better be or there will be more than wooden spoons taken out :pac:

Enjoy the quiet weekend, I am having the same :) Some New Girl and 2 Broke Girls :D

I am going to go for a run on Sunday as working tomorrow! I need to go as I am doing an 8k in 2 weeks :eek:

Yup :D You better be or there will be more than wooden spoons taken out :pac:

:eek::D

bluewolf wrote: »

Yup, sounds like an interesting party

• Advertisement

:P ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My thoughts exactly!

Daisies wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!
    You're excited already ;)

I'm very giddy tonight :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I will be 34 this year,just 16 years til I reach my George Clooney plateau.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lucyfur wrote: »

YAY SOMEONE ELSE IS 30!!!!!

*runs round in cirles*

*bro fist*
    High five, my friend! :D
    I'm never ID'd. I've been ID'd less than ten times in my whole life!
    You're excited already ;)

I'm very giddy tonight :o
    Me, too! Dunno why :confused:

I hated the thoughts of hitting 30. I was really upset about it, like a fecking eejit :rolleyes: Now I'm nearly 31, and it's been the best year ever. Without sounding too cheesy, I feel much more confident and able now? I'm liking it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Have computer problems... BIG computer problems. Could be solved on Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

If those neighbours don't turn down that hip hop bollixy shíte they are listening to at top volume, they are going to have me screeching at their door like a banshee very shortly :mad:

/rant.
    And breeeeathe.

If those neighbours don't turn down that hip hop bollixy shíte they are listening to at top volume, they are going to have me screeching at their door like a banshee very shortly :mad:

/rant.
    And breeeeathe.

That would drive me bonkers :(

It is driving me mad. To be honest I sleep through moat things but just listening to it is winding me up...no sleep yet. Feckers.

• Advertisement

I don't mind noise from traffic, but I detest people noise. DO they know you can hear it? No no no. I just can't deal with noise at all. I like quiet :o

Well I live in a townhouse with a smaller apartment underneath. These people live in the small apartment under next door. I'd say everyone can hear it.

Well I live in a townhouse with a smaller apartment underneath. These people live in the small apartment under next door. I'd say everyone can hear it.

Sweet Jesus. Go down and tell them their taste in music sucks :mad:

Oh RTE, you so silleh.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Oh, that reminds me, on the last night of my ski instructor course (also conveniently my birthday), we went to a nightclub that was having a 90's night.

And yes, it was exactly as awesome as it sounds!

I'm so jealous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

90s FTW.
    How's this for starters? :pac:

I'm 31 and a 6th years young.

Was out last night boogieing with a friend of 24 who had some some 20 odd year old college friends and when the DJ played this, they all just looked at each other with blank expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

My only regret was not asking for a 5ive song...

Cantdecide that's hilarious! Sure they were probably just in nappies when that was out. Added to my 90s playlist in YouTube now after I had a little dance :o :pac:
    I hope you showed them a few moves, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I hope you showed them a few moves, lol.

LOL!

No way, I was a mosher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Trying to study,what a pain in the face.

:mad:

• Advertisement

Necronos wrote: »
    Trying to study,what a pain in the face.

:mad:

Yeah I have to start once I finish my cup of tea :(

cantdecide wrote: »
    I'm 31 and a 6th years young.

Was out last night boogieing with a friend of 24 who had some some 20 odd year old college friends and when the DJ played this, they all just looked at each other with blank expressions.

Was at a wedding recently and they played Gagnam Style and had a few ones on the dance floor doing some of the moves. Later they played Whigfield's Saturday Night and not one person on the floor was even attempting the moves. Disgrace. :)

lol, our wedding crowd was asking me for ideas for music and I suggested that
    the lot of us were there doing the moves :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Hi everyone,

I figured I should say hi since I am always lurking around here and especially today when this thread is going to be the reason I am late handing in my paper. :) Anyone know any tricks around procrastination? Google won't give me any answers.

Hi Itwasntme.
    Procrastination is terrible, I do it a lot myself. You need to shut down everything you don't need for your paper. Turn off or remove internet access if possible or else actually log out of everything (not just close the tab)...including boards :P

Good luck with the paper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Hi Itwasntme.
    Procrastination is terrible, I do it a lot myself. You need to shut down everything you don't need for your paper. Turn off or remove internet access if possible or else actually log out of everything (not just close the tab)...including boards :P

Good luck with the paper :)

Thanks Miamee. Alright, I am going to log off all social networking and see how long I last without turning them back on. I have only four hours to go and I am still 1500 words behind!! :o

• Advertisement

Welcome!
    There's one easy solution to procrastination, but I'll get to that later. :D

Yah it's a pain. I have to cut down my internet time. There's times I go to bed and try to remember what I did all evening.

I'd say hi itwasntme, but I'll get around to that tomorrow...

procrastinators-unite.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Another lurker here, hello :)

Ah they're all coming out now. Hi! Welcome. Hope you brought cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

But of course!

3092_MEDIUM.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement