Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    But of course!

3092_MEDIUM.jpg

I want. NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I can't have cake:(

cantdecide wrote: »
    I can't have cake:(

Why not?

Oh, that's the cake I make orange chocolate versions of.
    It's very tasty ;)

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Why not?

I suffer from *PCBFB and it comes with a strict diet:(...

Post Christmas Big Fat Belly

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh, that's the cake I make orange chocolate versions of.
    It's very tasty ;)

You are my new best friend :D.
    I suffer from *PCBFB and it comes with a strict diet:(...

Post Christmas Big Fat Belly

Googled. No luck. PCB what? That sucks whatever it is- I would hate not to be able to have cake. I love cake. I suffer from FAT and I should be on a strict diet but I ignore it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Bluey you should make us this cake. It is imperative.

I too am suffering from the post-Christmas food baby, but that didn't stop me wolfing down the After Eights :o

Bluey you should make us this cake. It is imperative.

I too am suffering from the post-Christmas food baby, but that didn't stop me wolfing down the After Eights :o

Haha. Is that what PCBFB is? And here I was feeling guilty I may have been joking about a serious condition. I got so paranoid I thought he was talking about Protein Core Binding beta factor which is PCBF beta....

I guess this is what people mean when they tell me I over analyse. :o

Haha. Is that what PCBFB is? And here I was feeling guilty I may have been joking about a serious condition. I got so paranoid I thought he was talking about Protein Core Binding beta factor which is PCBF beta....

I guess this is what people mean when they tell me I over analyse. :o

Heh, no it's actually just coincidence that the acronym is similar for both expressions! I see what you mean by over-analysing :pac:

And here I was feeling guilty I may have been joking about a serious condition.

Of course it's a serious condition. I suffer from dizzy spells and feelings of claustrophobia.... well, I have a slight tendency to tip forward and all my clothes are much tighter than before:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I just had some amazing deep filled apple pie with fresh cream.

It

Was

Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

seems like neccys post about apple pie made people so jealous the thread got shut down! :pac:

welcome to all the lurkers! We are all nice people I swear - *cough beers thread *cough*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning grames. Not feeling the best today. I think it's because I started taking my anti malarials again :(

This month is my "make decisions" month. Only problem is I ma the MOST indecisive person ever!

Stupid Mondays,screwing up a perfectly good weekend.

Mornin all.

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning grames. Not feeling the best today. I think it's because I started taking my anti malarials again :(

This month is my "make decisions" month. Only problem is I ma the MOST indecisive person ever!

Aww hope you are ok! here have a hug!
    tumblr_lgtvb2poxX1qd8ocoo1_400.png
    Necronos wrote: »
    Stupid Mondays,screwing up a perfectly good weekend.

Mornin all.

Yeah I think someone stole half my weekend! Someone call Sherlock Holmes!!

My sister caught malaria in Africa and I know how rough the meds can be. Hobson's choice really:( Can I be nosey and ask why you're out there? Is it a temporary purpose or a project or for pleasure?
    I ma the MOST indecisive person ever!

Tell me about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It appears I may have been drinking all day yesterday..

Sweet mother of Jaysus..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My sister caught malaria in Africa and I know how rough the meds can be. Hobson's choice really:( Can I be nosey and ask why you're out there? Is it a temporary purpose or a project or for pleasure?
    I had NO problems for about 3 months and then I really slacked off and didn't take them for about 2 months properly. Now it's smack bang in the middle of malaria season so I need to take them properly.

I'm here lecturing in a university. 5 1/2 months into a 1 year contract. Really liking it.

Thanks for the hug grames.

Panthro, are you dying? A chicken fillet roll is prescribed stat

Oh man I would love a chicken roll with mayo

• Advertisement

It also appears I may have Facebooked a girl asking her is she ever going to ask me out on a date...even though I effing know she's kissing someone. I'm the height of wanker for doing that :o

Ground, we are ready to be swallowed when your ready.

First you want a date, now you want swallowing

give it up!
    :p

Panthro wrote: »
    It also appears I may have Facebooked a girl asking her is she ever going to ask me out on a date...even though I effing know she's kissing someone. I'm the height of wanker for doing that :o

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Sorry but that's hilarious and something like I would do.

Drunken facebook is so much worse than drunken texting!

Panthro that is f*cking brilliant!! Facebook/Phones should not be allowed while under the influence!

I would f*cking kill for a chicken fillet roll right now - It has been way too long!

Ohh I shall be giving blood at some stage this week me thinks! Really looking forward to that! :)

I'm too afraid to turn on my phone!:pac:
    Body, seriously. I take you out for a good 12hr sesh and here you are now hurting me. Why body, why?
    You're bogus body, you're bogus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Panthro ahahaha, well done! FB should have a breathalyser.

Grames ah kudos on it, I have to get around to that sometime soon too - I collapsed on them the last time though so gotta be careful.

• Advertisement

Yeah KKK the last time I gave blood it was ridiculosuly easy - didnt even need to sit down after it (still did though - I am not stupid!) I donate like clockwork - as soon as I can, I am there! Almost on number 30 now!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Right, my computer decided to act the complete bóllix over the weekend. Basically I can't setup dual monitors, so purchased a graphics card which hasn't sorted the problem and for some reason has caused my wireless adapter to stop working....beyond strange.

On the plus side watched Django Unchained which was phenomenally good and we had a match Sunday morning, beat some poor team 6-17 to 5 points....felt bad for them for a finish!

Hope you all had good ones!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ohh I shall be giving blood at some stage this week me thinks! Really looking forward to that! :)
    That's funny, I am going tonight to donate! I'm always fine (except that one time I ran for a bus straight afterwards :o) but last time they freaked me out, the nurse and even doc kept asking was I ok, did I feel alright, do you want to have a little lie down? Eh no, I'm grand thanks! :D
    Panthro wrote: »

Oh no. Oh noooooo! Be funny if she does ask you out though :P
    Panthro ahahaha, well done! FB should have a breathalyser.

Grames ah kudos on it, I have to get around to that sometime soon too - I collapsed on them the last time though so gotta be careful.

There should be an 'Am I drunk' app that you can put on the phone when going drinking. If you don't pass a little test, you can't use the phone :D (probably not great for personal safety should you need the phone but handy for drunken FBing and tweeting maybe)

Finally - good morning everyone! Today I shall mostly be drinking lots of tea.

Monday just got a helluva lot better.

Myself and herself just booked 4 nights in Croatia over the May bank holiday weekend.

290 each for flights and accommodation in the 5 star Radisson in Dubrovnik!

Schweet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh very nice Necronos, are you going to Dubrovnik? It's onl my list of places I want to go this year. It looks fab!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Myself and herself just booked 4 nights in Croatia over the May bank holiday weekend.

Schweet!

Niiiiice!!

Dubrovnik is a cool spot.. some great pubs n restaurants there too. See if I can remember any and send you on the details :)

Morning all, hows everyone?

Hi to all the newbies too :D

Schweet!
    Fúck you and your happiness!! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    Fúck you and your happiness!! :pac:

Now now, play nice.. :D

On the plus side watched Django Unchained which was phenomenally good and we had a match Sunday morning, beat some poor team 6-17 to 5 points....felt bad for them for a finish!

Hope you all had good ones!

Django Unchained was the best part of last week for me. Such a good movie!! :D I watched in it in bits so I could stretch the pleasure.
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Niiiiice!!

Dubrovnik is a cool spot.. some great pubs n restaurants there too. See if I can remember any and send you on the details :)

Morning all, hows everyone?

Hi to all the newbies too :D

And hello back to you from a newbie :D.

I just got up :(. I went to bed a few hours ago after failing to finish my paper. I sent my prof. an email asking for an extension in the middle of the night and he sent back a reply this morning, saying no problem, I can hand it in whenever. Damn that man is cool AND hot! If he wasn't married....

Django Unchained was the best part of last week for me. Such a good movie!! :D I watched in it in bits so I could stretch the pleasure.

How could you stop watching??? :eek:

The comedy in it is outstanding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That sounds fab, Neccy! I’m not jealous at all :P Croatia’s on my list of places to see. Soo many places to go to ....

Soooo very tired. Went to a production by the Dublin Youth Theatre in the Abbey last night. It was hilarious and Lisa Hannigan did a musical turn. Wonderful, but I could sleep for Ireland today!

0/ n00bies

Hermione* wrote: »
    That sounds fab, Neccy! I’m not jealous at all :P Croatia’s on my list of places to see. Soo many places to go to ....

Soooo very tired. Went to a production by the Dublin Youth Theatre in the Abbey last night. It was hilarious and Lisa Hannigan did a musical turn. Wonderful, but I could sleep for Ireland today!

0/ n00bies

Hehe I was at that too :D I nearly fell over at the sight of the gorgeous Aidan Turner when I walked into the bar *fans self*

Oh and it was great fun!

How could you stop watching??? :eek:

The comedy in it is outstanding!

How could you not? I didn't want it to end so I would pause, go do boring things and then come back and it would be even better because I had delayed gratification. I watched it over the course of two days. :)

How could you not? I didn't want it to end so I would pause, go do boring things and then come back and it would be even better because I had delayed gratification. I watched it over the course of two days. :)
    I just watched it again the next day :pac:

I just watched it again the next day :pac:

:pac: This is not the same thing at all. Now I want to watch it again! After I am done with this paper. I. must. stay. focused.

• Advertisement

Please stop talking about the uber awesomeness of Django! I am refusing to watch the screen link of it as I want to experience it all in the cinema! Will be seeing that followed by Jackie Brown as a double bill on friday! (Oh Light house cinema - how I love you and your Tarantino Fest!! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miamee wrote: »
    Hehe I was at that too :D I nearly fell over at the sight of the gorgeous Aidan Turner when I walked into the bar *fans self*

Oh and it was great fun!
    Snap! Wasn't it fab? So funny.
    When did you see Aidan Turner?! :eek: I was in the bar but only beforehand :(:(:(:(

Grames, I love the Lighthouse! They have a wonderful tea selection.

Same with their wine selection! And the fact you are treated like an adult and are allowed bring in your drink!

Snap! Wasn't it fab? So funny.
    When did you see Aidan Turner?! :eek: I was in the bar but only beforehand :(:(:(:(

I arrived up the stairs to the bar a while before it started too and he was there with a few other guys. To be honest, I didn't even know it was him at first - I nearly fell over when I saw him cos he is gorgeous - then my friend said it to me and I had a lightbulb "Oh yeah, that's who he is!" moment, lol.

It was very funny alright, I loved the one with Pauline McLynn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah KKK the last time I gave blood it was ridiculosuly easy - didnt even need to sit down after it (still did though - I am not stupid!) I donate like clockwork - as soon as I can, I am there! Almost on number 30 now!! :D

I'm not allowed to give blood. Tried once, but wasn't allowed due to being born in England.

miamee wrote: »
    Oh very nice Necronos, are you going to Dubrovnik? It's onl my list of places I want to go this year. It looks fab!

Yep,she works for Radisson atm so the accommodation is only 120 each for 4 nights in a 5* hotel so we really can't argue with that!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to give blood. Tried once, but wasn't allowed due to being born in England.

I've been told not to donate for a few years; I've done it three times and each time I've gotten really faint. I wouldn't mind but I'm O+ so my blood is fairly handy!

I just had a lovely ham sandwich there. You really can't beat them sometimes.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I really hate that rule! makes no sense! however it is not as stupid as the "no gays" rule - that one is just pathetic!!
    Yep,she works for Radisson atm so the accommodation is only 120 each for 4 nights in a 5* hotel so we really can't argue with that!

very jealous of you man! sounds like it will be an incredible trip!!
    I've been told not to donate for a few years; I've done it three times and each time I've gotten really faint. I wouldn't mind but I'm O+ so my blood is fairly handy!.

faint-ness is normally due to you not having a decent enough feed before hand and being dehydrateed - or a combination of the 2! Happened to me the 2nd time I donated - foolishly thought I would be fine - and even felt find and got up too fast - lost all the colour in my face! must have looked like casper!

faint-ness is normally due to you not having a decent enough feed before hand and being dehydrateed - or a combination of the 2! Happened to me the 2nd time I donated - foolishly thought I would be fine - and even felt find and got up too fast - lost all the colour in my face! must have looked like casper!

That was my mistake the first time, alright. I ate all around me in the few hours before the second two, to no avail! There's nothing worse than the jelly-legs feeling though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I really hate that rule! makes no sense! however it is not as stupid as the "no gays" rule - that one is just pathetic!!

Yeah, my mum and dad, like a lot of their generation had to emigrate to England and moved back here in 1983. My dad donated pretty much his entire life then was told he couldn't anymore. I mean stopping everyone in that period alienates a lot of people. Then they complain about lack of donors.

And Nec, cool on the holiday. Nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement