Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    That was my mistake the first time, alright. I ate all around me in the few hours before the second two, to no avail! There's nothing worse than the jelly-legs feeling though!

fair play for continuing to try - I know alot of people who would have given up!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, my mum and dad, like a lot of their generation had to emigrate to England and moved back here in 1983. My dad donated pretty much his entire life then was told he couldn't anymore. I mean stopping everyone in that period alienates a lot of people. Then they complain about lack of donors.

it is absolutely ridiculous alright but can we be surprised? this IS the HSE we are talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    It also appears I may have Facebooked a girl asking her is she ever going to ask me out on a date...even though I effing know she's kissing someone. I'm the height of wanker for doing that :o

Ground, we are ready to be swallowed when your ready.

Well now....that appears to have worked out quite well.
    She messaged me back saying she will run it by guy she is kissing but yeah...
    She.
    Likes.
    Me.
    Too!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

She.
    Likes.
    Me.
    Correction from earlier:

Fúck you all and your happiness :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

She.
    Likes.
    Me.

We have a stud* in our midst..

*Granted a completely jammy one at that!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

And on a completely different note..

Wooohhooooo I passed 6000 posts (jeez I need to get a life!!) :o
    <<==========

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

She.
    Likes.
    Me.

Are you thinking what I am thinking :D?!!!

Threesome :cool: Fingers crossed the guy she is kissing is receptive to the idea :P.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

She.
    Likes.
    Me.

Why does that never happen to me?

Daisies wrote: »

Do you drunk fb many girls looking to get with them??

or looking for a 3some with their fella? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You saying you don't like Panthro?

And Panthro: Jammy git!

@ Toxic, what can I say man, except ahhh..
    when you "got it" you ahh..."got it!"..(he writes with an arrogant streece across his mug of a face!):D

I am of course just kidding, I'm as shocked as anyone tbh!..

@Daisies, I thought you were...yano...having it off with a local? (Indeed, there are many, many better ways I could have worded that, but whatzzzhecck!)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Ah braaaaahhhh! G'wan ye boyo ye!

That mean "we" cool brah, we cool?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

@Daisies, I thought you were...yano...having it off with a local? (Indeed, there are many, many better ways I could have worded that, but whatzzzhecck!)

I am talking about the numerous times before when I drunken text/FB guys!

Go on ya good thing!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm confused. She is going to ask the guy she is kissing if she can kiss you :confused:

I am talking about the numerous times before when I drunken text/FB guys!

Maybe you're not explaining what you have in mind in a way they understand.. You could just send them pics to illustrate your intentions, the right pics should get any guys attention.. ;):p

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm confused. She is going to ask the guy she is kissing if she can kiss you :confused:

Her pimp maybe??? :pac:

I haven't a clue. It might be one of those "what's the story here?" conversations. I'll say nout now for the time being and see what happens I think.

I haven't a clue. It might be one of those "what's the story here?" conversations. I'll say nout now for the time being and see what happens I think.

You've just given her a choice.. now the waiting game happens.

Does she want some strapping young handsome lad or you!! :pac:

Only joking mate.. time will tell :)

Haha!....youuu bastid!:pac:

• Advertisement

Well hey that's something panthro!!

Everything's coming up Milhouse!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Can't wait to get home, put the feet up and have some nibbles in front of the TV. I may or may not have already scoffed some crisps, chocolate and biscuits at the donor clinic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

miamee wrote: »
    Can't wait to get home, put the feet up and have some nibbles in front of the TV. I may or may not have already scoffed some crisps, chocolate and biscuits at the donor clinic :o

You deserve ALL the treats after doing that! Kudos :)

Can't wait to donate on Thursday :) hopefully it works this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I arrived up the stairs to the bar a while before it started too and he was there with a few other guys. To be honest, I didn't even know it was him at first - I nearly fell over when I saw him cos he is gorgeous - then my friend said it to me and I had a lightbulb "Oh yeah, that's who he is!" moment, lol.

It was very funny alright, I loved the one with Pauline McLynn :)
    Oh, I think I saw him! I spotted a particularly gorgeous man. I just didn't know who it was :o
    That Pauline McLynn one was hilarious! I think every girl in the audience empathised :D

'Grats on donating! Treats well deserved!

Panthro, you jammy sod! Talk about turning out well :eek: :pac:

I may or may not have already scoffed some crisps, chocolate and biscuits at the donor clinic :o

As swapple pointed out to me - not only is that ok - it is actively encouraged!! Don't feel bad, you did a great thing so it's well deserved!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Fair play to you :) It's the best excuse to stuff yourself silly for the night :)

I've just bought a heap of healthy food for the week, time to shift these lurve handles :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

As swapple pointed out to me - not only is that ok - it is actively encouraged!! Don't feel bad, you did a great thing so it's well deserved!! :D
    This is true, I'd be in trouble without it tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I can't donate either. Recent surgery :/ It's frustrating when it would be a very appropriate way of giving back having been the benefactor of some of the red stuff yourself. I guess I'll just have to have chocolate and crisps and endure the empty calories in solidarity:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

awec wrote: »
    I can't give blood either. They don't allow nordys.

Proper Order.

:cool:

:pac:

Morning all!

Morning Neccie. Public holiday here. Only found out yesterday. :D

National Camel Day or summit like that,yeah?

Necronos wrote: »
    National Camel Day or summit like that,yeah?

Something along that lines. My only question "does that mean I don't have to go to work tomorrow?"

Morning all!!

Neccy:

kelso-burn-240x180.jpg

Spent an hour doing hard running last night as part of Monday night fitness training with the club, after having a game on Sunday....shattered!

Started the day with a 3-egg-omelette with ham, chorizo & mozzarella....that's right....for breakfast because I needs ma protein :)

Pembo/Whoever else finishes omelettes using a grill - I've seen the light and I'm converted :pac:

• Advertisement

Morning all :) Feels like the middle of the day already...it's going to be a long one I think :(

D'Agger wrote: »
    Spent an hour doing hard running last night as part of Monday night fitness training with the club, after having a game on Sunday....shattered!

Started the day with a 3-egg-omelette with ham, chorizo & mozzarella....that's right....for breakfast because I needs ma protein :)

Pembo/Whoever else finishes omelettes using a grill - I've seen the light and I'm converted :pac:
    See I am just amazing :P

Chorizo in an omlette is amazing. I make a chickpea and chorizo stew, it's so so good and really hearty :D

Morning all.

It's so much better, isn't it?! I sometimes grate cheese over the pan before I put it under the grill.

Pem, have you tried chickpeas and chorizo in a soup? Makes a really hearty, perk-you-up lunch. It's especially yum if you use sweet spuds/carrot/ squash as your veggie base.

Morning all 0/

Yes, the way of the grill is the only way!!.

A little tip, lightly fry the chorizo on a dry pan on a low heat to release some of the oils in the meat before you add the eggs and other ingredients to the pan, gives it so much more flavour :)

Pembily wrote: »
    See I am just amazing :P

Chorizo in an omlette is amazing. I make a chickpea and chorizo stew, it's so so good and really hearty :D

Morning all.

I do that too, except add it some kidney beans, some lentils, carrots and make sure its a spicy chorizo and cook over a low heat to make an amazing soup. nyom nyom :D

• Advertisement

All this talk of delicious food.. making me hungry again and I've only just finished breakfast..:o

Morning all :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    A little tip, lightly fry the chorizo on a dry pan on a low heat to release some of the oils in the meat before you add the eggs and other ingredients to the pan, gives it so much more flavour :)
    That's what I do if I'm cooking anything involving chorizo. Makes such a difference imo.

Hermione* wrote: »
    That's what I do if I'm cooking anything involving chorizo. Makes such a difference imo.

It sure does.. :)

Ah man I'd love some chorizo :(

Whats a typical dish in that part of the world Daisies?

Hermione - couldn't add more cheese - there was already far too much in it :)

Also, would definitely do that with the chorizo, however I was looking for a quick fix this morning so it was sliced chorizo I added to it, like what you'd use in a sandwich, rather than normal Chorizo sausage - although I have that in the fridge, will be using it later this week fo'sho :)

Hermione* wrote: »
    It's so much better, isn't it?! I sometimes grate cheese over the pan before I put it under the grill.

Pem, have you tried chickpeas and chorizo in a soup? Makes a really hearty, perk-you-up lunch. It's especially yum if you use sweet spuds/carrot/ squash as your veggie base.

Morning all 0/
    This stew is kinda like a soup, but I will defo try that one, thanks.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yes, the way of the grill is the only way!!.

It’s the best way to cook it as the flavours really infuse way more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hi to more n00bs. :cool:

Catching up now, does this mean Panthro will leave awec barefoot and pregnant? :eek:

Daises, let us know when we need to start addressing you as Prof. Daises. :pac:

Omlettes? Ick. Chorizo...yeah!

Bitta sausage eh?

Uhhhh,suits you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement