Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Panthro wrote: »
    A dollop of drama, haha! I'll use that one!
    Whats got ya glum chum?!
    Damn it, should have trademarked that! Ah just all sorts of other-people-drama where I feel I need to play the supporting friend. I don't mind that at all, there's just so much of it! Relationships, illness, jobs...I'm just being a moan-bag really :pac:
    Just start dolling out slaps!! It solves everything!! :D
    Oh there is one sour puss I would love to do that to today, believe me :mad::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

miamee wrote: »
    Damn it, should have trademarked that! Ah just all sorts of other-people-drama where I feel I need to play the supporting friend. I don't mind that at all, there's just so much of it! Relationships, illness, jobs...I'm just being a moan-bag really :pac:

ah, I see your mistake. I get around that by not having any friends. :D

:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    ah, I see your mistake. I get around that by not having any friends. :D

:(

Aw, that's terrible, what happened? I'll be your friend!

See how this happens, I now feel responsible for your happiness... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Damn it, should have trademarked that! Ah just all sorts of other-people-drama where I feel I need to play the supporting friend. I don't mind that at all, there's just so much of it! Relationships, illness, jobs...I'm just being a moan-bag really :pac: Oh there is one sour puss I would love to do that to today, believe me :mad::pac:

It great to be symtathetic but you have to look after yourself first. You shouldn't let anyone make you a receptacle for their troubles.

cantdecide wrote: »
    It great to be symtathetic but you have to look after yourself first. You shouldn't let anyone make you a receptacle for their troubles.

Thank you cantdecide, you are right. It's an exhausting time of year as it is without adding to it.

Afternoon naps would be great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thank you cantdecide, you are right. It's an exhausting time of year as it is without adding to it.

I've been telling people that I'd go to work an hour earlier every day if it meant I could take a nap during the day - my productivity levels would be through the roof :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I like taking naps, but I find I'm so sleepy for the next hour after I wake up, that it's just wasting more time :(

20min power snooze after work always did me the world of good. Any more than that and I'm staring at the ceiling at 2AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I would so love a little snoozy sleepy time right now

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I like taking naps, but I find I'm so sleepy for the next hour after I wake up, that it's just wasting more time :(
    Do stretches when you get up, might help :)

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »

I'd have coffee right before my nap so I'd start perking up after waking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I had my 'lunch' of oatcakes and hummus at 5pm. Stoopidly busy day is stoopid! And also long. I'm still at work. So not :cool:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Never thought of that actually! To be fair though, it's only during study periods and exams that I ever need naps.

Leftover Dominos for dinner. Not bad :cool:

Might have pizza myself. Bit tired for cooking and I have to go see my mammy before she disowns me/forgets what I look like :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Just got my next school placement :eek:

Eeep eeep eeep eeep EEEP, I'm not ready for this!
    Feels like I just finished the last one, leave me alone.

Aw, that's terrible, what happened? I'll be your friend!

See how this happens, I now feel responsible for your happiness... :P

Aw, thanks. Nah I'm not that bad.

As for worrying about others, I used to be like that when out. Feel responsible for the ones drinking, then I started to ask myself how do they manage when I'm not around.

Burgers for dinner for me. Bought from a local butcher. :D

Ah, KKK you'll be fine.

No horsemeat for you Castor :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

Back this morning at 1am from travelling with work, announced to me at 4pm that I'm off again tomorrow morning at 9am. It's just for the day but I'm completely knackered and have another cold coming on..

Anyone wanna swap?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Weird that you guys had been talking about this - I took a nap today for the first time in ages! It was amaaaaaazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

This is so true! Why is January so exhausting? It's not like I have a bigger work load but I just feel mentally drained all the time.
    I've been telling people that I'd go to work an hour earlier every day if it meant I could take a nap during the day - my productivity levels would be through the roof :D

See, the problem with taking a nap during the day is that I can never get up from it in time for anything. Today, I convinced myself that I could totally get up, so I took a nap during my lunch break. I just got up :(. Good thing I had signed my name on the attendance sheet in class this morning otherwise I would be screwed.
    you are an absolute HERO!! I will take that off you in a heart beat!! Ya big bag of ledge!! :D

Maxine, put your dance shoes on
    We going to the disco

now THERE is a nostalgia TRIP!! :D

I am glad that made you happy :). This song reminds me of being an angsty teen in the throes of my first 'we'll be together forever' crush.

I can't do naps or sleep during the day. Ony time I canis if I'm wrecked from lack of sleep like in the evening when I used to get home from Witnness/Oxegen.
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    This song reminds me of being an angsty teen in the throes of my first 'we'll be together forever' crush.

Angsty teen? Ya young whippersnapper. Though I was only 20 back then. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I can't do naps or sleep during the day. Ony time I canis if I'm wrecked from lack of sleep like in the evening when I used to get home from Witnness/Oxegen.

Angsty teen? Ya young whippersnapper. Though I was only 20 back then. :)

I'm hardly a young whippersnapper :). My angsty phase simply started later and lasted longer than normal. I'm 28. I'll be crossing over to the dark side soon enough :P.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm hardly a young whippersnapper :). My angsty phase simply started later and lasted longer than normal. I'm 28. I'll be crossing over to the dark side soon enough :P.

Oi you.. Less of that talk.. Some of us are old enough to be nearly through the "darkside" and heading for the light*!! :(

Cheeky young pup :mad:

*must remember to stay away from the light

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all.

There are protests supposed to be happening here today against the government. Last year when these protests happened 20 people were killed. We've been told not to go to work and not leave the university campus. I have a big :D because it's teaming rain and I would not want to be walking to work anyway!

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all.

There are protests supposed to be happening here today against the government. Last year when these protests happened 20 people were killed. We've been told not to go to work and not leave the university campus. I have a big :D because it's teaming rain and I would not want to be walking to work anyway!

Nice.. So a chillout day for you so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am glad that made you happy :). This song reminds me of being an angsty teen in the throes of my first 'we'll be together forever' crush.

coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee,
    coffee!

:D

Morning all! o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Happy Thursday gaize.

Have an exam Saturday morning then goin on the absolute last that night.

Herself has given me a pass for the weekend so the gloves will be off.

Haven't had a pint o Guinney since the 1st of January either!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Nice.. So a chillout day for you so :)

Exactly. We even bought our local grocery store out of beer last night, just in case!

Necronos wrote: »
    Happy Thursday gaize.

Wake up the day after with half of town on fire - and half a kebab in your underpants...... BEST NIGHT EVER!!
    Daisies wrote: »
    Exactly. We even bought our local grocery store out of beer last night, just in case!

That's the way to do it!! :D

I just realized that I haven't drank since new years and I'm going on the last this weekend with 20 footballers....fúck

Got through an hour of training last night (just about) hard running in the cold and muck, came home, ate and was cleaning my room when I snagged a muscle below my shoulder blade reaching for a coathanger in the wardrobe...

I mean seriously wtf is with that!! I'm not in agony or anything but I'm certainly not comfortable :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Happy Thursday gaize.

What, like a hall pass?! (nudge nudge, wink wink)
    Well now! The feckin joys of the modern day relationship hah?!

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Some lads I used to work with used to call it planning permission...'I got refused planning permission for Friday so I'll be only there for an hour' :D

awec wrote: »
    What the egg mcmuffin are you doing up at this hour pantythrower?
    I've been in Ireland since Thursday, off back again in the morning. Really should pack actually!

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    You are in this country?!!

And you didn't visit awec?

Er... we are officially OVER! WHATEVA! OVA!

Meh...we've had good innings.
    Alls well that end's well I suppose...

I'm sorryI'm sorryI'm sorryI'm sorryI'm sorry!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't ya mean we were on a break!! :pac:

I am *this close* to needing a nap. Or a shot of energy. Or something! I hope everyone else's afternoon is a bit more exciting.

So busy :(

*scurries off

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I've been in Ireland since Thursday, off back again in the morning. Really should pack actually!

Cool. Going back to Canada or somewhere new?

I'm off to Canada in the morning/afternoon. Getting kinda nervous now, I have to admit. I was there before Christmas, but it was only for a month, and I knew it was only for a month. This time I'm not sure when I'll be back.

• Advertisement

Panthro & Kev.OC - safe trips tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

So busy :(

*scurries off
    I hear ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Just back from college!
    Lads, if I disappear off boards assume I died of exhaustion :pac:

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Cool. Going back to Canada or somewhere new?

I'm off to Canada in the morning/afternoon. Getting kinda nervous now, I have to admit. I was there before Christmas, but it was only for a month, and I knew it was only for a month. This time I'm not sure when I'll be back.

Yeah? What part you heading off to? I'm going to Vancouver, leaving at 11am from Dub to Philly, Philly to Phoenix, Phoenix to Van.
    Long bastid of a trip!

Just back from college!
    Lads, if I disappear off boards assume I died of exhaustion :pac:

I know exactly what you're talking about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Same as...knackered.

Half watching Rambo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Yeah? What part you heading off to? I'm going to Vancouver, leaving at 11am from Dub to Philly, Philly to Phoenix, Phoenix to Van.
    Long bastid of a trip!

I'm going to Vancouver too! Flights don't seem as bad as yours though. Shannon to Heathrow, Heathrow to Vancouver. Leaving Shannon at 1pm and get to Vancouver at 6.30pm. ~13 hours travelling. I've had worse.

If you're looking for someone to share accommodation with...*cough* hint hint *cough*

Just don't tell awec. I don't want him getting jealous and banning me.

Yeah I'm taking a longer route, w as cheaper at the time when I booked them. I've been in Van since Sept so I've a place got with a few I met in the samesun hostel. I'd offer you a couch but we literally dont have one!! I'll be in samesun hostel midnight Friday,night Vancouver time if your about for a pint.

Happy Django Day everyone!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Happy Django Day everyone!! :D
    Going to see Les Mis tonight, and having a good catch up with a friend :D

Such a sh!tty miserable day out :(

Morning all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement