Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pembily wrote: »
    Going to see Le Mis tonight, and having a good catch up with a friend :D

Such a sh!tty miserable day out :(

Morning all :)

Yeah it's a horrible day and I now have to do the cake run!

F*ckit I am having cake today - For the first time since I started loosing weight - I don't care! I deserve it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yeah it's a horrible day and I now have to do the cake run!

F*ckit I am having cake today - For the first time since I started loosing weight - I don't care! I deserve it :pac:
    Bet you can't eat anywhere near as much as you used to be able to :P

You do deserve it :D

Bet you can't eat anywhere near as much as you used to be able to :P

You do deserve it :D

actually I could probably eat more! :D

Over a stone and a half gone ....but I just can't shift these damn love handles! :p

Over a stone and a half gone ....but I just can't shift these damn love handles! :p
    1.5 stones, well freaking done! You defo deserve some cake. We won't recognise you next month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I think anyone that left their house this morning deserves some cake! F*cking hate this weather! :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all! *ignores posts about cake*

Hopefully going to see Les Mis tonight too Pembily...I'm bringing a packet of tissues :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

1.5 stone. Congrats grames, that's amazing.

Morning all. I am alive. No fighting at the protests this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lovely morning in Cork lads - was absolutely disgusting yesterday so I know that feel

Now to get this week finished....it's been horrendous :(

awec wrote: »
    I am a bit delicate today. :(
    I was waiting for the post :P :pac:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Lovely morning in Cork lads - was absolutely disgusting yesterday so I know that feel

Now to get this week finished....it's been horrendous :(
    Feck off you with your Cork is amazing :P

I will, can't wait! Pity one of the people is half way across the world and can't join us :(

• Advertisement

Sounds like awful weather outside :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I will, can't wait! Pity one of the people is half way across the world and can't join us :(

I'll be back in July. Plenty of girly nights then!

1.5 stones, well freaking done! You defo deserve some cake. We won't recognise you next month :P

haha thanks! :D

Yeah I was very bold - I had a fruit scone, AND a little bit of malteaser cheesecake!! NOM NOM NOM!
    swapple wrote: »
    I think anyone that left their house this morning deserves some cake! F*cking hate this weather! :(

Yeah I am quite popular in the office - for going out and getting the cake - everyone assumed no one would do it!
    Daisies wrote: »
    1.5 stone. Congrats grames, that's amazing. .

Thanks! :D
    I'll be back in July. Plenty of girly nights then!

WELCOME BACK DASIES BEERS!!! :D :eek::D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

/high-fives D'agger

Morning all! Cake for brekkie? I think it's going to be a good day!

Gonna take a long ride on my motorbike

YES! (Although you might want to learn how to spell my name :P)

congrats grames!

YES! (Although you might want to learn how to spell my name :P)

Apologies Happy Dais! I got excited about the welcome back beers and I forgot how to type! :p
    bluewolf wrote: »
    congrats grames!

Thanks!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

swapple wrote: »

I love this weather but I'll take the cake nonetheless :).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

haha thanks! :D

Yeah I was very bold - I had a fruit scone, AND a little bit of malteaser cheesecake!! NOM NOM NOM!

Yeah I am quite popular in the office - for going out and getting the cake - everyone assumed no one would do it!

Thanks! :D

Ooh, where'd you get the Malteaser cheesecake? My gran has been looking for one for ages since one of the local eateries had it on their menu for a while. She was not happy when they took it off!!

I have a recipe for baileys malteser cheesecake which is the nicest in the world

• Advertisement

I have a recipe for baileys malteser cheesecake which is the nicest in the world

Oh my tummy just did a little gurgle at that :p Probably should have some breakfast. That sounds amazing though!

miamee wrote: »
    Ooh, where'd you get the Malteaser cheesecake? My gran has been looking for one for ages since one of the local eateries had it on their menu for a while. She was not happy when they took it off!!

Rolys Bistro in Ballsbridge - they do little ones aswell as a big one! It is incredibly amazing! even has actuakl malteasers in it! :D
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I love this weather but I'll take the cake nonetheless :).

NO!! IT'S MINE AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY!! :P

:eek: That sounds all kinds of epic!!

I had apple cake :D It's cheered me up!

Rolys cake is good. Is it really bad if I just have cake for lunch?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

1.5 stone.. nice one mate.

Ahh those love handles gives the other half something to grab onto ;)

All this cake talk and no food til this evening! :(
    I'm making oreo cheesecake then though. :cool:

I had apple cake :D It's cheered me up!

Rolys cake is good. Is it really bad if I just have cake for lunch?

not at all!! Cake is awesome! :D
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    1.5 stone.. nice one mate.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh those love handles gives the other half something to grab onto ;)

Just spat water everywhere reading that - ruined a perfectly good keyboard ya bastard! ;)

ok now that sounds amazing too!! you need to bring all these cakes t othe next beers!!

Sweet Jebus but I'd love some cheesecake - oreo base cheesecake if I'm being specific but any will do

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Awful weather.

Just off the phone to the rather grumpy for no reason Revenue.

Must investigate this Oreo cake business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Decadent...

Hmmm I might have to make a cheesecake this weekend. I haven't made one in ages! Usually go as adventurous as a strawberry cheesecake, that's it ;)

Awful weather.

Just off the phone to the rather grumpy for no reason Revenue.

Must investigate this Oreo cake business.
    I had one sh!tty person on the phone from the revenue and one amazing person! Psycho...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah I'm taking a longer route, w as cheaper at the time when I booked them. I've been in Van since Sept so I've a place got with a few I met in the samesun hostel. I'd offer you a couch but we literally dont have one!! I'll be in samesun hostel midnight Friday,night Vancouver time if your about for a pint.

No worries man, I'll find somewhere. Am, about me taking the shorter route, well, snow in Heathrow has kind of sh*t all over that. Flight was meant to leave Shannon at 12.25pm, and the plane hasn't even got here yet! :(

Congrats to Grames on the weight loss!

Edit: Meant to say, unless things change soon, I doubt I'll make midnight beer. Thanks for the offer anyway Panthro. We'll have out own Canadian boards beers some night! :pac:

It was a 20 second conversation after going through the automated thing...apparently, I had interrupted their day. Am going to register for their online thingy.

Sorry about the flight/snow business, Kev.

My buddy made this....except a large version - just one huge cheesecake

It.Was.Awesome. :)

• Advertisement

Can I just come live with you? Pleeeeeease. I love cleaning and I am very very very quiet. Apart from dents in all the cakes that you bake and a spotless house, you won't even know I am there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This morning's walk

It's also got blurry brewery behind the trees.

236882.JPG

Still prefer snow though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Snowing here now.

And some fecker in a jeep busted my wing mirror when on a narrow road and he could've pulled into a house's drive a second before while I had nowhere to go. He didn't even slow down!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Snowing here now.

And some fecker in a jeep busted my wing mirror when on a narrow road and he could've pulled into a house's drive a second before while I had nowhere to go. He didn't even slow down!
    Hard luck 'ol stock - hate that shít....whatever about not pulling in, at least slow down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Dear jesus I hate hangovers.

*pities self*

• Advertisement

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Dear jesus I hate hangovers.

*pities self*

You started your weekend rather early :).

Your started your weekend rather early :).

Well I have no hours at work lately and college doesn't start until next week, so the last two weeks have been weekends for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well I have no hours at work lately and college doesn't start until next week, so the last two weeks have been weekends for me!

I hate you. :P So jealous!
    I'm meant to be heading out tonight but that weather is just ugh.

I hate you. :P So jealous!
    I'm meant to be heading out tonight but that weather is just ugh.

I'm getting really bored now though, inactivity doesn't suit me. I'm used to having no days off :pac:

I was like that last night, the weather was so cold and wet. But when you get to the pub you'll forget all about it :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    Hard luck 'ol stock - hate that shít....whatever about not pulling in, at least slow down!!

Yeah, I'm hoping I at least damaged his headlight. :)

I'm getting really bored now though, inactivity doesn't suit me. I'm used to having no days off :pac:

I was like that last night, the weather was so cold and wet. But when you get to the pub you'll forget all about it :)

I will swap you my numerous assignments for your inactivity :D.

Someone just posted this video of Rwanda on my wall. Watching it made me so homesick :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kev.OC wrote: »
    No worries man, I'll find somewhere. Am, about me taking the shorter route, well, snow in Heathrow has kind of sh*t all over that. Flight was meant to leave Shannon at 12.25pm, and the plane hasn't even got here yet! :(

Congrats to Grames on the weight loss!

Edit: Meant to say, unless things change soon, I doubt I'll make midnight beer. Thanks for the offer anyway Panthro. We'll have out own Canadian boards beers some night! :pac:

I'm only a 3rd of my journey and I've already been padded down, twice! And...wait for the kicker, in the tunnel on the way to the plane, I got stopped and questioned. Seriously, how dodge must I look?! :pac:
    I'll be well violated by the time I get to Van with the way things are going!
    Good man Grames, I'm off to hunt down a burger to celebrate your victory!:P

Ah, look at all the purdy snow. Looks like be staying inside all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Well, it only took me 12 hours, but I finally made it to the Thistle hotel beside Heathrow. Gotta love the way there's 3 inches of snow and the country grinds to a halt. :rolleyes:

But, on the bright side, I'm booked all the way through on a flight tomorrow, and I'm already checked in. So I just rock up and walk through security.

Someone just posted this video of Rwanda on my wall. Watching it made me so homesick :(.
    That video is fantastic, it looks like a beautiful and amazing country!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement