Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

miamee wrote: »
    That video is fantastic, it looks like a beautiful and amazing country!

It is :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Exam done and I'm pretty happy with it so fingers crossed,now to prep for some severe alcohol abuse.

Necronos wrote: »
    Exam done and I'm pretty happy with it so fingers crossed,now to prep for some severe alcohol abuse.

Are you going out tonight Necronos? I haven't abused alcohol in so long, I wouldn't mind doing a few shots myself :).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all..

Anyone snowed in today?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all..

Anyone snowed in today?

There's no snow where I live- in fact, if I squint, I can see the sun peeping out from behind the clouds. I've decided to shelve my work, go for a pint and hit on all the cute bar men in the pubs I end up in. I'll probably be back here, drunk, in a few hours.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    There's no snow where I live- in fact, if I squint, I can see the sun peeping out from behind the clouds. I've decided to shelve my work, go for a pint and hit on all the cute bar men in the pubs I end up in. I'll probably be back here, drunk, in a few hours.

Sounds like a decent plan for the afternoon :D

Wouldnt you be better planning on bring one of them home with you rather than planning on coming back on here drunk?? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Afternoon all. Hope our Canadian brethren got back yonder safely.
    No snow here...wind and rain.
    Pheasant for dinner this eve.

Sounds like a decent plan for the afternoon :D

Wouldnt you be better planning on bring one of them home with you rather than planning on coming back on here drunk?? :pac:

I didn't think that through :). Nah, no bringing them home, I am just going out to de-stress and indulge in a bit of harmless flirting. The latter is skill I need to acquire-I need to practice my nonchalant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Itwasntme, just watched that vid, Rwanda looks so beautiful! Good luck manhunting, hope you tried some of these lines out on them :P

(look at number 16 checking him out :pac: )

• Advertisement

Itwasntme, just watched that vid, Rwanda looks so beautiful! Good luck manhunting, hope you tried some of these lines out on them :P

(look at number 16 checking him out :pac: )

Some of these are so bad, I have to test them out some time. :) Thanks KamikazeKitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Evening all! How are we?

Not too bad GB.. relaxing on the sofa in front of the fire at home in Deiseland.

I miss having a real fire :(

Hows you?

I'm ok - had a bitch of a headache earlier on but it's gone now! And also my cousins daughter who used to hide from me and scowl at me, now likes me! So that made me smile!! :D She is almost 3 - and adorable!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Evening all. Heading out for dinner and drinks later. Not enamoured with the idea of going out on such a cold and horrible night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woke up this morning and the 2 or 3 inches of Snow from last night was all but gone. So got to go downtown.

And now, after watching the Fringe finale(:() it's food time. :)

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Woke up this morning and the 2 or 3 inches of Snow from last night was all but gone. So got to go downtown.

And now, after watching the Fringe finale(:() it's food time. :)

It was very touching
    I wish they would give john noble some acting awards

It's so funny watching an interview with anna torv and hearing her real accent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed the finale - John Noble's extraordinary.

Work, bah.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Snooooooow! That is all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Couldn't sleep at all last night, and when I finally did drift off I had nightmares. Got up this morning and tried to shake it off, get into work early - only to realise I have forgotten my key! Luckily the security guard opened the door for me, but I'm still kinda screwed until someone with a key comes in, which won't be until 9 :(

Hope everyone else is having a better morning :o

The snow looks pretty..

Morning all! I'm cold - and the slush outside my office is horrible! and I wanna see Django Unchained again - right now! hmmmmph

How is everyone else?

ps: Swapps that sounds ridiculous! you should just run around till someone comes in - would be a hillarious thing for them to see! :pac:

• Advertisement

Situation kinda resolved! Phew :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Had a fab weekend that involved good friends, Django Unchained, lots of alcohol and celebrating me being 6 months in Africa with a Sunday dinner that I got home at 3am from!:o

That does sound quite epic Dais!!

Anyone have placs for this week? I am fairly hectic - going to see Wreck it Ralph, and A Kill (Double) Bill (and I wanna see Django Unchained again!) - and I may be going to a Krav Maga class, then having a night in on Saturday (MOAR Tarantino!) AND there is a big night out planned for Sunday!

Ohh and I bought a Kettle Bell so I have to figure out a routine for that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Morning all. Again, I appear to live in a twilight zone where the whole world gets snow except my immediate locality:/ My childhood is officially over...

Anyone have placs for this week? I am fairly hectic - going to see Wreck it Ralph, and A Kill (Double) Bill (and I wanna see Django Unchained again!) - and I may be going to a Krav Maga class, then having a night in on Saturday (MOAR Tarantino!) AND there is a big night out planned for Sunday!

Study, meet a nice german person to chat and practise, singing, studying, tutorial, yoga...
    Still sore from saturday's yoga, I can't laugh or sneeze... :p

I saw Django Unchained this weekend too :P I really enjoyed it, would definitely watch it again. Plans for the week = visit to my grandmothers, a coffee date, a trip to the cinema to see Les Mis (hopefully) and drinks with work peoples on Friday :)

No doubt there will be 17 more things added to that by the end of the week :D

cantdecide wrote: »
    Morning all. Again, I appear to live in a twilight zone where the whole world gets snow except my immediate locality:/ My childhood is officially over...

Same here - Both home and work - no snow at all! (well sludge near the office but thats it)
    miamee wrote: »
    No doubt there will be 17 more things added to that by the end of the week :D

That is ALWAYS the way!!

Wreck It Ralph is out this week?

Car wouldn't start this morning. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hello everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend :)

My plans this week revolve around going back to college (at last), and whatever shenanigans that entails :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wreck It Ralph is out this week?

Technically no - but I have a cineworld Unlimited card and each month they do a screening for Unlimited card memebers - where they show a movie before general release! (last month it was Jack Reacher - boooo)

Wreck it Ralph is tomorrow!
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend :)

My plans this week revolve around going back to college (at last), and whatever shenanigans that entails :D

29274789.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:( My laptop has died a death. The IT guy doesn't even think he can recover what is on the hard drive :( Luckily I have all my photos on an external hard drive.

Daisies wrote: »
    :( My laptop has died a death. The IT guy doesn't even think he can recover what is on the hard drive :( Luckily I have all my photos on an external hard drive.

It's a good thing you have your pics backed up at least, when my laptop was stolen a few years ago I think the most frustrating thing was that mine were all gone. Still sucks though, hope your employer is understanding about the situation and gives you extra time if you lost work!

Swapple for the love of god will you announce your good news before I explode!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Please explain as my imagination is gone into overdrive :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Pembily wrote: »
    Please explain as my imagination is gone into overdrive :P
    Sames!

Belated, but huge kudos on the weightloss, Grames. That's super work!

Seriously, this is not an appropriate waiting period! Someone tell us what is going on :P

Hahaha sorry, I just noticed this!

I got a job! :D

(Sorry it's not more exciting! :p )

swapple wrote: »

[SIZE="1"](Sorry it's not more exciting! :p )[/SIZE]
    That's class :D:D delighted for you!

Next announcement will be what I was thinking ;)

Wooooooo

• Advertisement

That's class :D:D delighted for you!

Next announcement will be what I was thinking ;)

Thank you very much!

And what might that be?? :eek: :P

(Sorry it's not more exciting! :p )

Fantastic. Go you!

Oh, if I lost my photos, I would actually cry. I would be inconsolable. I have 15gb of photos on a hard drive. I did however lose 107gb of TV shows :(

Thank you very much!

And what might that be?? :eek: :P
    So so happy for you, it's clearly a good time of the year for you as it kinda coincides with an anniversary too :P

Ah bit of this and a bit of that ;)

Fantastic. Go you!

Oh, if I lost my photos, I would actually cry. I would be inconsolable. I have 15gb of photos on a hard drive. I did however lose 107gb of TV shows :(

Thank you!!

I reckon Grames could help you out in the dropbox department!
    So so happy for you, it's clearly a good time of the year for you as it kinda coincides with an anniversary too :P

Ah bit of this and a bit of that ;)

Yeah I'm starting to think I have some sort of lucky charm.. :o

Just realized I'll finally be able to take my parents out for a proper meal! :)

Congratulations swapple, that is brilliant news!!

congrats :D

• Advertisement

Congrats missy..

Well done.. :)

Fantastic. Go you!

What TV shows did you lose? Between us all we may be able to help, unless its girlie stuff, then yer on yer own.. :pac:

Find an online storage site and upload those photos asap, even USB hard drives can fail..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Congrats, swapple!

Congrats swapple.

And Pem, we already know awec's pregnant! :D

What TV shows did you lose? Between us all we may be able to help, unless its girlie stuff, then yer on yer own.. :pac:

Find an online storage site and upload those photos asap, even USB hard drives can fail..

This!! As swapple said I have a fierce amount of stuff - as do a lot of people in my office. - we may be able to get back most of them for you!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement