Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JuliaJones

Its worth a watch if you stumble across it IMO anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Will keep an eye out so!

Watching a show about film censorship atm,did you know that The Wild One was banned by the UK film censorship board because they feared that it would unduly influence the Teddy boys in London.

Lolz.

Because of course that makes total sense,
    Some of the censorship laws were insane in the past, its the whole lets avoid an issue we will make something illegal instead or it makes one or two stiff upper lippers uncomfortable so immediately must be banned lest we expose our own ignorance,

Rebel Without a Cause received an X certificate on release.

Holy moly!

Thats mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Censorship was always a bit mad up until recently. I remember they cut the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Not forgetting renaming the series.

Censorship is still rife though,particularly in the realm of horror movies.

Films like A Serbian Film,Human Centipede 2 or Grotesque were either heavily cut or banned out right.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Censorship was always a bit mad up until recently. I remember they cut the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Not forgetting renaming the series.
    They will always be Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles to me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Necronos wrote: »
    I figured it was cos you were away and Daisies is using goat powered dial up!

:pac:

Not exactly goat powered dial up, more frequently no power at all!

Morning all

• Advertisement

Harro D.

How are ya getting on over there?

Whats the time difference like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I figured it was cos you were away and Daisies is using goat powered dial up!

Haha nope :p

I'm not well, will someone make me tea please??

Morning D :)

No bother,you fancy a bacon sammich to go with it?

Im feeling in generous humour today!

No bother,you fancy a bacon sammich to go with it?

Im feeling in generous humour today!
    That would be very amazing!! I'm feeling delicate today...

Awwww,did Pem over do it last night?

Tut tut!

Awwww,did Pem over do it last night?

Tut tut!
    I did :o Going to a bbq at a friends house now so all good!! We're watching the Cork V Galway match. C'mon Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

What times' that game on at?

Corcaigh abú :p

Sauve wrote: »
    What times' that game on at?

Corcaigh abú :p
    It's on at 3:30.

Nah I can't support Cork this time, Kilkenny need to be beaten by Galway in the final...

Down in my folks for the weekend and just had a whopper Sunday dinner.Roast beef and all the trimmings,totally stuffed,oh yeah!

Down in my folks for the weekend and just had a whopper Sunday dinner.Roast beef and all the trimmings,totally stuffed,oh yeah!
    Please keep food talk to a minimum, my stomach has taken a turn :(

Irish+breakfast.jpg

Get that intaya Cynthia,it will totally sort ya out!

Big pint of Guinness then to wash it down.

Om nom nom.

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »

Nah I can't support Cork this time, Kilkenny need to be beaten by Galway in the final...

Nah. Cork ftw :)
    Galway after that though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

HARRO all!!

How are we?!

Pembily wrote: »

Nah. Cork ftw :)
    Galway after that though...
    Wuhoooo, well done Galway :)

I had spare ribs and steak washed down with sangria :D

Aw Pem. Makin me hungry so ya are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Irish+breakfast.jpg

Get that intaya Cynthia,it will totally sort ya out!

Big pint of Guinness then to wash it down.

Om nom nom.

Ah lad I would kill for that. Can't get rashers over here!

How're we all this morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. I'm going to get a big fry this weekend nom nom nom!

Just put on my interior designer hat to design rooms for our new clinic. Who knew I wouldn't just be lecturing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. I'm going to get a big fry this weekend nom nom nom!

Just put on my interior designer hat to design rooms for our new clinic. Who knew I wouldn't just be lecturing.

How are you settling in over there? Whats it like? Bit of a culture shock I'm sure.. but a good one no doubt.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Every Monday.....absolutely knackered! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

PaulieC wrote: »
    Every Monday.....absolutely knackered! :(

I think if you're not knackered on a Monday morning you've done something wrong at the weekend :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    How are you settling in over there? Whats it like? Bit of a culture shock I'm sure.. but a good one no doubt.. :)

Settling in ok. The culture shock isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone is just so friendly. Currently trying to plan what I am doing for Xmas. Zanzibar or Madagascar or South Africa!

• Advertisement

Settling in ok. The culture shock isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone is just so friendly. Currently trying to plan what I am doing for Xmas. Zanzibar or Madagascar or South Africa!

Zanzibar without a shadow of a doubt..

And if you get a chance, pop over to the Serengeti, this pure class :)

Zanzibar without a shadow of a doubt..

And if you get a chance, pop over to the Serengeti, this pure class :)

Ya have been looking it up but it's quite expensive. Only have 2 weeks off so wanna make the most of it. Would be travelling wherever on the 22nd, wanna make sure I'll be in a nice hostel for Xmas day

I think if you're not knackered on a Monday morning you've done something wrong at the weekend :D
    True! I did damage to my internal organs Saturday - was in awful shape yesterday.

White russians followed by Southern Comfort & West Coast Cooler destroys me.....every time!!

My love of South Africa has been well documented, won't be able to take holidays this summer so wondering will I save up and try head there next year....bit expensive though is the thing

Glad to hear you're settling well anyway Daisies

Morning all! How are we?

My love of South Africa has been well documented, won't be able to take holidays this summer so wondering will I save up and try head there next year....bit expensive though is the thing

Glad to hear you're settling well anyway Daisies

Thanks. I'm thinking if I don't go to South Africa for Xmas then I'll stop there en route home next year. Oh the options

Thanks. I'm thinking if I don't go to South Africa for Xmas then I'll stop there en route home next year. Oh the options

Decisions, decisions.. A tough life eh?? :D

Oh dear....which exotic location to travel to next!! :pac:

Shocking isnt it.. I meant, you'd think her PA would sort that for her.. absolutely shocking, can't get the staff these days :pac:

• Advertisement

I never said it was a tough life! But hey, I spent all day yesterday without power so give me a break!
    Shocking isnt it.. I meant, you'd think her PA would sort that for her.. absolutely shocking, can't get the staff these days :pac:

I know. I totally need a PA, all applications to my inbox please. Duties include (but are not limited to) sorting out my life, doing my ironing, organising a safari, bringing clothes from Ireland to Malawi for me..............

I never said it was a tough life! But hey, I spent all day yesterday without power so give me a break!

I know. I totally need a PA, all applications to my inbox please. Duties include (but are not limited to) sorting out my life, doing my ironing, organising a safari, bringing clothes from Ireland to Malawi for me..............
    My new job is Business dress - I'm already having nightmares about having to Iron shirts etc. - First world problem I know but still....ughhhhhh! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

My new job is Business dress - I'm already having nightmares about having to Iron shirts etc. - First world problem I know but still....ughhhhhh! :pac:
    That depends on how lazy you are. You could always just iron the V at the front of the shirt and keep your suit jacket on :pac:

Now ^^ THAT is lazy!!

Good job!!

Blowfish wrote: »
    That depends on how lazy you are. You could always just iron the V at the front of the shirt and keep your suit jacket on :pac:
    I'll probably try not to wear a suit jacket starting off - think a shirt is fine....eventually I'll buy more suits though, I'll feel like Don Draper, for a short period before I realise I'm not that cool in a suit and yearn for my jeans and tee IT days!

Blowfish wrote: »

What's this "iron" thing you speak of?

I'll probably try not to wear a suit jacket starting off - think a shirt is fine....eventually I'll buy more suits though, I'll feel like Don Draper, for a short period before I realise I'm not that cool in a suit and yearn for my jeans and tee IT days!

Also you'd be more likely to be drunk in work and develop a bad cough.

• Advertisement

What's this "iron" thing you speak of?

Also you'd be more likely to be drunk in work and develop a bad cough.
    Fired on day one for borderline alcoholism, smoking in the workplace and being extremely sexist!

All because you drunkenly groped your female boss, while stinking of smoke. Though I'm sure the smoke part wasn't the thing that got you fired.

All because you drunkenly groped your female boss, while stinking of smoke. Though I'm sure the smoke part wasn't the thing that got you fired.
    Sparking a cigarette in the canteen, downing some scotch, smacking my female boss on the ass and slurring 'lets go toots ;) '

In the modern day 0% of the time it works all the time :D

\o/ -o- \o/
    <o> >o< <o>
    \o/

\o/ -o- \o/
    <o> >o< <o>
    \o/
    Say what now??

I'm drinking again :D I think I need to go back to work...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement