Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Gah they changed touch.boards and it's not bringing me to my last read page :mad:

Have the pieminister Miamee, they are amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

miamee wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards a pizza for dinner...this is NOT good. Will have to talk myself into something else...oh I just remembered I have a Pieminster Pie in the fridge for just such an emergency. Oh yes :D

Do it!

gooey-melty-thin-crust-cheese-pizza.jpeg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Do it!
    Ah stop that!!!!! :mad: Mmmm cheesy pizza...

Ah stop that!!!!! :mad: Mmmm cheesy pizza...
    I'm making spaghetti bologonaise :) Gonna make it good and cheesy :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm leaning towards a pizza for dinner...this is NOT good. Will have to talk myself into something else...oh I just remembered I have a Pieminster Pie in the fridge for just such an emergency. Oh yes :D

Had to google those pieminster pies.. they look fantastic, must keep an eye out for them in the shop. :)

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Had to google those pieminster pies.. they look fantastic, must keep an eye out for them in the shop. :)
    Like many other ohsogoodbutohsobad food items, Daisies introduced me to Pieminister. Their mash and gravy is sexual!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    Like many other ohsogoodbutohsobad food items, Daisies introduced me to Pieminister. Their mash and gravy is sexual!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Definitely getting me some so ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just remembered it's a cheesy pie too :D Yum!

New touch site looks good!

Defo get some TP!
    Just remembered it's a cheesy pie too :D Yum!

New touch site looks good!
    Cheesy pie rocks :)

Once they fix a few bugs it's great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Boo to working late, D'agger. Had to do the same myself :(

Which pie is it, miamee? Love pieminister!

Baked feta, slow roasted tomatoes, rocket salad, and herby

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

They're in Dunnes on South Great George's Street, awec. They make the most awesome fat-bastard, because-you're-worth-it dinner option. Try them, you'll not be disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm making spaghetti bologonaise :) Gonna make it good and cheesy :D
    But what about those who are lactose intolerant?:(
    awec wrote: »
    Never heard of pieminister. :(
    I'm with ya there brah!

There's the box off it if anyone is going looking for them. It was very tasty, 25 mins in the oven. Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Howdy everyone, hope you all had a good weekend :)

It'd be great if work, college, the family and the boyfriend were all in the one place, but they're all in three different counties. Anyone want to reorganise my life for me?

Jaysus Ilyana,
    Sounds like a bit of a shytter alright!...
    I'll give it a shot at reorganizing for ya though..All you gots to do is deposit 1million dollars into an account..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Panthro wrote: »
    Jaysus Ilyana,
    I'll give it a shot at reorganizing for ya though..All you gots to do is deposit 1million dollars into an account..:pac:

3578190769_581bf72445_z-310x415.jpg

:pac:

Watching The Dead Zone for the first time in years,I do love Christopher Walken.

Jaysus Ilyana,

Well that doesn't sound dodgy at all :p

It's not so bad, luckily I don't mind being busy. All I need is a car and one more day in the week :pac:

Also, hey AY! Fancy meeting you here!

Nope, not dodge at all, 100% legit I swares!

Neccy, how you get on in Castlebar, you pop the question to the missus under the shadow of a Mayo moonlight?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He probably did but she couldn't hear over the wind and rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nope, not dodge at all, 100% legit I swares!

Neccy, how you get on in Castlebar, you pop the question to the missus under the shadow of a Mayo moonlight?!

Had a grand weekend mate,noting too made,nice food and a few nice pints,all very sensible.

And no question was popped either!

Not even, "Will you have another one, love?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! How are we all today?

Morning all! How are we all today?

Morning GB.. all good here.

Hows you? Anyone on the hit list in work today? :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning GB.. all good here.

Hows you? Anyone on the hit list in work today? :D

Not yet!!But it's early days! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Tried to get whatsapp working on my desktop seeing as I don't want to use work wifi but can only have it working/syncing on one device. Would be very handy if I could get it working :(

I mean....morning all :)

Match tonight and it's píííííííííííííííííííííííííísing rain JOY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Tuesday. Rain. Night Course.

A trifecta of my least favourite things.

Booooo

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    There's a whatsapp for desktop?
    No but you can install a mobile emulator and run apps from that....figured it might work for whatsapp but no joy!

Morning all!

Chocolate cake + breakfast should not be in the same sentence :p

I'm trying to cut down on my tea intake! It's not working :o

why would you bother doing that pem? Tea is awesome!

Tea is a necessity of life.. how can you cut it down? :confused:

I drink about 6-8 cups of tea a day.. if there is a chocolate biscuit to accompany said cup of tea, this also helps.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Liking tea? Definite geriatric symptom. :pac:

• Advertisement

More a symptom of culture.

Or something. Anyway must head for a cup myself in a bit.

Had review today. Better than expected

Anyone have any plans for the evening? I am heading to donate platelets!! Precious yellow goodness just flowing from my veins!! :)

Anyone have any plans for the evening? I am heading to donate platelets!! Precious yellow goodness just flowing from my veins!! :)

Well that sounds yuck :P Is that any different to giving blood? I have seen the posters but never asked about it.

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Tuesday. Rain. Night Course.

A trifecta of my least favourite things.

Booooo

Ick.

My trifecta of blehness consists of: Crazy wind (I look like Cousin It right now) + Company Law + headcold.

My neighbours must think I'm mad, I'm playing Genesis 'I Can't Dance' on repeat*

*May or may not involve singing

Well that sounds yuck :P Is that any different to giving blood? I have seen the posters but never asked about it.

basically it works like this - blood is broken down to three separate parts (red blood cells, plasma and platelets) the blood is taken from your arm - whirled around this machine and separated - then you are given back the red blood cells and plasma - so one needle splits into three!

Basically if they tried to get ONE batch of platelets from whole blood donations - they would have to use (and throw out) 4 bags of blood - where as if you donate directly you can donate 2 batches of platelets in one sitting - and come back on a monthly basis!

My platelets can be given to babies so I always ttry go as often as possible!
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    My neighbours must think I'm mad, I'm playing Genesis 'I Can't Dance' on repeat*

*May or may not involve singing

It better involve singing - that's what you are supposed to do! :pac:

• Advertisement

My singing tends to scare small children :pac:

Fair play on the platelets donating; I'd like to do it, but I don't always meet the minimum weight requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Another well done on the platelets donation, I asked about that a while ago and they said no because I have bad veins. It's an amazing thing to do. :)

Well "I can't sing" is part of the lyrics, so it's appropriate

basically it works like this - blood is broken down to three separate parts (red blood cells, plasma and platelets) the blood is taken from your arm - whirled around this machine and separated - then you are given back the red blood cells and plasma - so one needle splits into three!

Basically if they tried to get ONE batch of platelets from whole blood donations - they would have to use (and throw out) 4 bags of blood - where as if you donate directly you can donate 2 batches of platelets in one sitting - and come back on a monthly basis!

My platelets can be given to babies so I always ttry go as often as possible!

Thanks for explaining that grames, I might ask about it next time I am in there :)

xLexie wrote: »
    Another well done on the platelets donation, I asked about that a while ago and they said no because I have bad veins. It's an amazing thing to do. :)

Thanks! Yeah It has failed for me a few times - but I am damned determined to go back - almost on blood donation number 30! :)
    Thanks for explaining that grames, I might ask about it next time I am in there :)

if you think you can I heartily recommend it! defo worthwhile!!

In work....sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungover

In work....sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungover
    nelson_muntz_ha_ha.jpg

I've yoga tonight :)

I just think I'm drinking too much and was trying to cut back. We'll see :p

Tea is not for old people, I'm only a young one :D

..Tea is not for old people, I'm only a young one :D

Who are you trying to convince here, you or us? Either way, you're doing a bad job :pac: :D

Chill out and relax are my only plans for the evening, 4 hours of basketball over the last 2 nights have taken its toll on the aul body, so need to recover tonight :o

I drink at least six cups of tea a day, sometimes eight. Nearly all green tea or herbal tea, though.

Having a terrible day. Head = melted. Can barely see straight :( Leaving on the dot of 5pm, for defo!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement