Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

Keep the toast, I'll have the rest
    maybe one toast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Is it just me that think it looks awful? :eek: :o You can nearly see the layers of grease settling on it!

I’m still full from an epic bowl of creamy porridge with homemade fruit compote this morning, anyhoo :D

Beers were great, D’agger! +1 to mini beers proposal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hermione* wrote: »
    Is it just me that think it looks awful? :eek: :o You can nearly see the layers of grease settling on it!

I’m still full from an epic bowl of creamy porridge with homemade fruit compote this morning, anyhoo :D

Beers were great, D’agger! +1 to mini beers proposal.

It looks gank. I had porridge too with sultanas, yum yum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sure you'd be stuffed from the half a sliced pan they've stuck on the side there.

Had the best breakfast I've ever paid for on Sunday - If you're dying hungover in London, make your way to The Oval Lounge, tell them some guy they don't remember sent you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, I had a huge fry up this morning.. :D

:mad:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Sure you'd be stuffed from the half a sliced pan they've stuck on the side there.

Had the best breakfast I've ever paid for on Sunday - If you're dying hungover in London, make your way to The Oval Lounge, tell them some guy they don't remember sent you :D

Refer a Friend scheme? :P

That place looks fab! Breakfast is one of my favourite meals to have out. I go for a nice brunch most fortnights as a treat.
    I hate sliced pan. I didn't even notice it on the plate :o

That place looks fab! Breakfast is one of my favourite meals to have out. I go for a nice brunch most fortnights as a treat.
    I hate sliced pan. I didn't even notice it on the plate :o
    My buddy lives a ten second walk from there and had never been in there - spotted it on my way to the pharmacy for neurofen and said we'd give it a lash.

Great breakfast, good music and a very nice vibe in there. Staff were lovely too so massive thumbs up from me anyway :)

I've started to try to eat out more too. We'd normally go for a home made fry after a night out though.

Went to the Strasbourg Goose restaurant in Cork on Friday with my parents. Well worth checking out if any of you venture down my direction!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My buddy lives a ten second walk from there and had never been in there - spotted it on my way to the pharmacy for neurofen and said we'd give it a lash.

Great breakfast, good music and a very nice vibe in there. Staff were lovely too so massive thumbs up from me anyway :)

I've started to try to eat out more too. We'd normally go for a home made fry after a night out though.

Went to the Strasbourg Goose restaurant in Cork on Friday with my parents. Well worth checking out if any of you venture down my direction!
    I'll swap you, I'm trying to eat out less :D

miamee wrote: »

:D:D:D

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I got there first :cool:

The minute I saw Miamee put it in bold I cringed :pac:

The minute I saw Miamee put it in bold I cringed :pac:

Scarleh for ya

Yeah, when I’m hungover, I tend to cook for myself. That way, I can eat ALL the food without feeling self-conscious! :pac:
    Thanks for the rec. Will be down your way in July for the Bruce Springsteen concert. My pal and I always go to Liberty Grill when I visit - if you haven’t been , I recommend muchly. Their breakfast is amazing!

I’d save a fortune if I dined out less. I have a serial restaurant visiting habit :D

Now I'm scarlet :o You shower of filth mongers! :pac:

Hermione* phrased it much more eloquently
    I’d save a fortune if I dined out less. I have a serial restaurant visiting habit :D

Yeah, when I’m hungover, I tend to cook for myself. That way, I can eat ALL the food without feeling self-conscious! :pac:
    Thanks for the rec. Will be down your way in July for the Bruce Springsteen concert. My pal and I always go to Liberty Grill when I visit - if you haven’t been , I recommend muchly. Their breakfast is amazing!

True - the strasbourg goose was only €20 for a 3 course meal though and for the money it was brilliant value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I had porridge this morning too! 'Cept it wasn't that nice until I put honey in it. I bought maple syrup today, so I'll try that tomorrow!

I'm dining out tomorrow night too, just Captain America's though, nothing too fancy. Trying to avoid wheat though, so I can't have my usual scampi :(

Also debating whether to go to the pub tonight. Hmm.

Now I'm scarlet You shower of filth mongers!

Hermione* phrased it much more eloquently
    I can has eloquence?! :o:D
    True - the strasbourg goose was only €20 for a 3 course meal though and for the money it was brilliant value.
    I spotted that. And similarly, I know ALL the best places in Dublin for early birds. However, I’ve been known to be out for dinner/brunch/tea and cakes up to four times in a week, so the bills, no matter how good the value, can mount up!

Ilyana, I sometimes put a tablespoon of maple syrup into porridge at weekends as a treat. 'Tis divine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ima be in college for thirteen hours today. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ima be in college for thirteen hours today. :(

Jeez thats a long day.. what did you do to deserve that one??

Jeez thats a long day.. what did you do to deserve that one??

Combined lectures and being one of those involved in college people...never again. I'm going back to being feckless after this :pac:
    Same again tomorrow and then hitting the college ball Thursday, see can I remember what craic looks like!
    Also just realised it's actually 13 and a half...THIRTEEN AND A FRICKIN HALF.

I can has eloquence?! :o :DI spotted that. And similarly, I know ALL the best places in Dublin for early birds. However, I’ve been known to be out for dinner/brunch/tea and cakes up to four times in a week, so the bills, no matter how good the value, can mount up!

That's a fair amount it has to be said!

I would say one thing though - as somebody who used to spend up to €30 or so on cigarettes per week - it's easy to justify expenses thesedays, especially if it's on something nice like an evening out.

I think what I like about dining out most is the fact that you're just out and about, away from the house and someplace different

Combined lectures and being one of those involved in college people...never again. I'm going back to being feckless after this :pac:
    Same again tomorrow and then hitting the college ball Thursday, see can I remember what craic looks like!

Jeebus. That extra half hour really makes it look a whole lot worse :pac:

Seriously don't envy you though. I wish I was one of those eager beavers in college but I'm severely lazy :pac:

I'd round that bad boy up to 14 if I was you - additional sympathy and greater chance of treats being offered :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Jeebus. That extra half hour really makes it look a whole lot worse :pac:

Seriously don't envy you though. I wish I was one of those eager beavers in college but I'm severely lazy :pac:

My college is very small, usually we all get cornered into doing something or other :pac:
    This time it's pretty extreme though!
    I'd round that bad boy up to 14 if I was you - additional sympathy and greater chance of treats being offered :)

Mhm, well if everything doesn't go to plan it'll be 14 hours and counting, so fingers crossed I don't have to!
    If I leave on time though I'll probably have been outta the house for 15 hours when I get back.

Ignore me everyone, I'll just curl up and die over here cos I honestly haven't had a break all day, lunch was busy too! :pac:

• Advertisement

My college is very small, usually we all get cornered into doing something or other :pac:
    This time it's pretty extreme though!

Ah I see, hard to say no then. My college is pretty big so I'm completely anonymous. I have friends who are really involved in societies and they take it really personally when you don't go to their events.

Well, at least you'll sleep well tonight!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I was gonna say welcome to the world of work with overtime.. but then I remembered you're training to be a teacher.. ahh well, suppose you better experience it at some stage as you won't in the future :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Here, what did Graemes reveal at the beers??? I missed it. :/

Larianne wrote: »
    Here, what NEWS did Graemes reveal at the beers??? I missed it. :/

Just before Bluey gets in with her smut :pac:

Just before Bluey gets in with her smut :pac:

Spoilsport!! :p

• Advertisement

I was gonna say welcome to the world of work with overtime.. but then I remembered you're training to be a teacher.. ahh well, suppose you better experience it at some stage as you won't in the future :pac:

So you'd think! :pac:
    Larianne wrote: »
    Here, what did Graemes reveal at the beers??? I missed it. :/

I know, but I'm not gonna tell you... na na ne na na

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

:( Well that's not fair!

So you'd think! :pac:

Mebbe I do, mebbe I don't ;)

wrote:
    I know, but I'm not gonna tell you... na na ne na na

oh I forgot about this.. I know too... :p:pac:

Damn you all!!

You <3 us really Lari!
    Mebbe I do, mebbe I don't ;)

Nah...you don't know!

Oookay I'm not supposed to be talking to ye lot, I'm supposed to be being productive or some shít like that...bye bye tGC.
    Dunno what yer excuses are but I've got nothing! :D

You <3 us really Lari!

Nah...you don't know!

Oookay I'm not supposed to be talking to ye lot, I'm supposed to be being productive or some shít like that...bye bye tGC.
    Dunno what yer excuses are but I've got nothing! :D

Jeez yer no fun :cool:

So how is everyone else today??

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

He's pregnant, isn't he?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    He's pregnant, isn't he?

Well the way he was downing pints on Sat night, it would be very irresponsible if he was.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

By George I think I've got it!...
    Nah I'm just kidding..
    Sup Grames!

I know stuff and things too!

It would appear that knowledge truly is power.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!

Everything paid for - few days in New York, New York!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

NICE! Enjoy ya pup!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying Sheamus is the father? :)

Cool! Bring me back a souvenir. I think AJ will do, and she'd fit in the luggage.

I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!

Everything paid for - few days in New York, New York!! :D

Enjoy! So jealous - well of the NY bit, I'm not a wrestling fan :pac:

Wish I'd gone to Neil Delamere tonight, but I had nobody to go with. Forever alone :o

Enjoy! So jealous - well of the NY bit, I'm not a wrestling fan :pac:

Wish I'd gone to Neil Delamere tonight, but I had nobody to go with. Forever alone :o

I would have gone with you :)

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I would have gone with you :)

Dammit, it never occurred to me. He's playing in college so I never thought to ask anyone not in my college.

Clearly the smarts are in short supply today!

• Advertisement

Dammit, it never occurred to me. He's playing in college so I never thought to ask anyone not in my college.

Clearly the smarts are in short supply today!

Lady Date!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement