Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Dancing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sauve wrote: »
    Dancing :D
    Oh I like your thinking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Booked a ticket for Foo Fighters in Belfast nextTuesday. Not even a big fan but I quite like the support acts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Afternoon all. Quietest morning in the hospital clinic ever. Got my first ever exam written and now working on the marking scheme. Showed it to one of the other lecturers, her reaction "Well I'd fail"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Daisies wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Quietest morning in the hospital clinic ever. Got my first ever exam written and now working on the marking scheme. Showed it to one of the other lecturers, her reaction "Well I'd fail"

Are there many other Irish out there or are people from all over?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Are there many other Irish out there or are people from all over?

Mostly all over. A lot of Americans because they are with the Peace Corps and there are 7 Canadians who work in the University as part of a 9 month exchange.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Mostly all over. A lot of Americans because they are with the Peace Corps and there are 7 Canadians who work in the University as part of a 9 month exchange.

What Uni are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Booked a ticket for Foo Fighters in Belfast nextTuesday. Not even a big fan but I quite like the support acts.
    The Black Keys and The Minutes?

Like the Black Keys from what I've heard of them.

Was at Indiependence last weekend - would highly recommend 2ManyDJs to anybody who can go see them :)

2manyDJs are bleedin' brilliant. Saw them years at Sziget (I think). No, wait, that was Justice.
    Fcek it, they're both great!

Afternoon all, I'm in a grumpy mood, who has chocolate and booze??

Edit: I love the foos, they are great live, you'll enjoy it TG!

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »

You still on hols?

You still on hols?
    I am :D Sunning myself out in the garden :D

I am :D Sunning myself out in the garden :D

So yer out sunning yerself in the garden on holidays and you're still grumpy.. sod off will ya.. ya looney git!! :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,166 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seconded.. one of the best gigs I was ever at

So yer out sunning yerself in the garden on holidays and you're still grumpy.. sod off will ya.. ya looney git!! :pac::D
    Ah that was earlier, I've been baking since and it's all good :D

Now yer just rubbing it in.. :p

Don't make me get that gif again Pem :pac:

Can't wait for my week off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

How are we all this evening?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Don't make me get that gif again Pem :pac:

Can't wait for my week off!
    What gif?

I had an amazing dinner with lemon meringue cheesecake for dessert :D

• Advertisement

How are we all this evening?

If by 'we' you mean 'me' then I'm flaked :p
    Can't cope with heat at all, I'm too warm-blooded.
    Any craic yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Same - this heat is an absolute killer - and work was like a sauna .... As per Feckin usual it seems!!

And the worst thing about it.... It's not Friday yet!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I want tomorrow to go by as slowly as possible once i finish work!

I have an exam Thursday that kinda decides what grade i get in my over all degree :eek:

I don't like hot weather.
    There, I said it.

Good luck tomorrow Pixie..eekk :D

Sauve wrote: »
    I don't like hot weather.
    There, I said it.

Good luck tomorrow Pixie..eekk :D

You're a day early but Thank You!! :D

I also agree!! I like sun i dont like heat!!

Good luck tomorrow Pixie!?

I love the heat, sitting outside in the sun with sangria is amazing :D

• Advertisement

Good luck tomorrow Pixie!?

I love the heat, sitting outside in the sun with sangria is amazing :D

Thank You! :D

Its Thursday but im working til 3 tomorrow and i have to study like crazy after that then get a train or bus to Dub at 6 for the exam :eek:

But will be my last exam as an undergrad :D

Evening all. Wrecked.com! I can honestly say I've never worked as hard in my entire life as I currently do.

Evening all. Wrecked.com! I can honestly say I've never worked as hard in my entire life as I currently do.

How is everything going for you over there Daisies? :)

How is everything going for you over there Daisies? :)

Good, I like it, which is important as I'm currently doing 12 hour days and spend most of my evenings preparing/talking about work etc. Got to the hospital clinic this morning at 7:45 and left this evening at 6:00.

So what's going on in good aul Eire these days?

Good, I like it, which is important as I'm currently doing 12 hour days and spend most of my evenings preparing/talking about work etc. Got to the hospital clinic this morning at 7:45 and left this evening at 6:00.

So what's going on in good aul Eire these days?

God those are long days for you!

Ah not too bad we got a decent few days of sunshine but unbearable heat (i hate dead heat), but tomorrow we have THUNDERSTORMS!!! Back to the ususal Irish summer :/

• Advertisement

....but tomorrow we have THUNDERSTORMS!!! Back to the ususal Irish summer :/

Eh tomorrow is the tail end of a hurricane, 50 - 60mph gusts and possible flooding so a little more than a thunderstorm.. Batten down the hatches methinks.. :D

Eh tomorrow is the tail end of a hurricane, 50 - 60mph gusts and possible flooding so a little more than a thunderstorm.. Batten down the hatches methinks.. :D
    Cork's getting the brunt of it apparently....should be fun!

Hurricane??? EVEN BETTER!!!

Morning all, anyone airborne yet? :D

Nope, nice and wet in Cork though....have training later, should be interesting!

Not yet but fecking hell this rain is chronic...

When it rains in Dublin it really does pour.....here in the south it's spread out over more days with limited sunshine I've found :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Galway is windy and rainy, nothing too unusual so far! I'm on my fourth episode of come dine with me. Not a bad show to watch when coming off a night shift!

When it rains in Dublin it really does pour.....here in the south it's spread out over more days with limited sunshine I've found :)
    I'm not in Dublin at the minute, I'm home, aka Munster!! Its pretty vertical rain at the min.

Morning Panthro :)

Top of the morning pem!
    (he writes as he yawns)

• Advertisement

Panthro there's surely some cult TV show you could be watching like The Wire, Game of Thrones etc.??

Panthro there's surely some cult TV show you could be watching like The Wire, Game of Thrones etc.??

There could be, alas I'm off to the cot for a few hours kip!:D

Nope, nice and wet in Cork though....have training later, should be interesting!

Yup, tis a tad moist here in Dublin, but after what I saw in Europe 2 weekends ago, I'm not gonna complain..

There was a torrential downpour that lasted all of 3 hours with some of the craziest thunder and lightening I've seen in my life, all while at a nightclub under a bridge (yes under a bridge!!), the dance floor was open air, so when it rained and boy did it rain, the dance floor was filled immediately with people getting absolutely soaked and hopping around the place like lunatics, brilliant night..

soooooo this is a mild summer sun shower with a light breeze :pac: :D

Yup, tis a tad moist here in Dublin, but after what I saw in Europe 2 weekends ago, I'm not gonna complain..

There was a torrential downpour that lasted all of 3 hours with some of the craziest thunder and lightening I've seen in my life, all while at a nightclub under a bridge (yes under a bridge!!), the dance floor was open air, so when it rained and boy did it rain, the dance floor was filled immediately with people getting absolutely soaked and hopping around the place like lunatics, brilliant night..

soooooo this is a mild summer sun shower with a light breeze :pac: :D
    That. Sounds. AWESOME.

That. Sounds. AWESOME.

Twas kinda class I have to admin, its not often you get a DJ banging out tunes in a nightclub with torrential rain falling on the dance floor and a background sound and light show from Mother Nature.. :D

Twas kinda class I have to admin, its not often you get a DJ banging out tunes in a nightclub with torrential rain falling on the dance floor and a background sound and light show from Mother Nature.. :D
    Very Step Up movie-esque if you ask me....all that was missing was break dancing battles :pac:

Very Step Up movie-esque if you ask me....all that was missing was break dancing battles :pac:

ehh no, the amount of alcohol consumed would have led to either a visit to the hospital or a call to the river rescue as someone would have fallen in.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Has everyone rushed to the storm shelter yet? Going by some of the articles I'm reading you'd swear Ireland was about to be washed away! It's a lovely 20 degrees here, and I'm heading down to see Ghent play a Canadian rugby team in a challenge match. Hoping to start training with Ghent next week :D

On another note, it hit me yesterday how hard it is to be away from home when certain things arise. Two guys I know were pulled from the sea yesterday after their boat sank, I knew one of the lads and his family pretty well, and it sucks being here and not being able to pay my respects. Will have to wait til next month when I'm home for a week I guess.

Has everyone rushed to the storm shelter yet? Going by some of the articles I'm reading you'd swear Ireland was about to be washed away! It's a lovely 20 degrees here, and I'm heading down to see Ghent play a Canadian rugby team in a challenge match. Hoping to start training with Ghent next week :D

On another note, it hit me yesterday how hard it is to be away from home when certain things arise. Two guys I know were pulled from the sea yesterday after their boat sank, I knew one of the lads and his family pretty well, and it sucks being here and not being able to pay my respects. Will have to wait til next month when I'm home for a week I guess.
    Shít sorry to hear that man....

Sucks being away alright but sure what can you do only try to get on with it and you'll settle in no time I'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Shít sorry to hear that man....

Sucks being away alright but sure what can you do only try to get on with it and you'll settle in no time I'm sure

Cheers man. One of those things where I'd like to be home and I realise I'm not in Galway anymore!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement