Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That’s great news, Kaimera :)

Miamee, I was in bed at 10pm last night :D I was shattered!

Grames, I totally missed about your bag being taken at the weekend! That sucks :mad:

That sounds horrible, D’agger :( I somehow managed to hurt my back this morning so I also will be having a lazy night and pancakes this evening. I’d prefer a run, though :/
    /odd

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ended up going to bed at 10 but not going asleep til 11ish. Not too bad though, felt manky yesterday evening leaving work. Pizza and PJs on the sofa for the night sorted me out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hermione* wrote: »
    That sounds horrible, D’agger :( I somehow managed to hurt my back this morning so I also will be having a lazy night and pancakes this evening. I’d prefer a run, though :/
    /odd

Meh...it happens, I'll be grand!

Hot water bottle the back Hermione, helps so much, been doing it any time my back is tight from training etc. that and stretching have helped me loads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I think the cycling gods hate me. First spin after crashing a week ago - snapped chain 4k in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blowfish wrote: »
    I think the cycling gods hate me. First spin after crashing a week ago - snapped chain 4k in.

You got too excited! :D

Hmm, now I know why I only have pancakes once a year. Stuffed! :o

Hermione* - rest up this evening but get back moving tomorrow.

D'Agger wrote: »

Meh...it happens, I'll be grand!

Hot water bottle the back Hermione, helps so much, been doing it any time my back is tight from training etc. that and stretching have helped me loads :)
    It feels a bit too sore yet for stretching but will defo try hot water bottles, thanks!

I'm in danger of falling into a sugar coma after my pancakes. And I only had two!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evenin'
    Must write myself a memo to do some exercise.

Glad things are going OK, kaimera.

I've never seen and episode of Family Guy, but based on his singing ability Seth MacFarlane is very, very talented...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm so so so full of pancakes!!!! I had chocolate, strawberries, blueberries, cream and golden syrup on them! Amazing! I can't move now though.

Kamiera glad things are looking up! D'a sorry to hear about the injury. How's it now? Did pancakes help Hermi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Glad to hear things are going better Kaimera!

I ate three pancakes for dinner and had to give up. Not bad going!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Kaimera glad things are going better for you! :)

Just home, now to start making pancakes...ok it's technically not Pancake Tues any more but shhhhhhh, go back to sleep tGC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I know I mentioned it a while back but as of today it is official - I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!! New York - whatcha gonna do when Commander Bond runs wild on you!!!

WWE and my Job paying for everything again - now THAT'S a great start to a Wednesday!

How is everyone else?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh nice one grames, that is awesome!!

Hello all, by the way :)

Herro o/

Larianne wrote: »
    Hermione* - rest up this evening but get back moving tomorrow.
    Thanks, Lari :) It still feels sore but I can move more comfortably today so I think I’ll chance a run at my most gentle, slowpokish pace tonight.
    Pembily wrote: »
    Did pancakes help Hermi?
    They did, thanks, Pem! Then I stubbed my bare foot off a stack of hardback books that some eejit left on my bedroom floor* and cursed blue murder :rolleyes: I blame the sugar coma for clouding my judgement!

I’d never heard of wrestlemania before your news, Grames, but a free trip to New York is epic, anyways, with or without it!

*said eejit may or may not be me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know I mentioned it a while back but as of today it is official - I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!! New York - whatcha gonna do when Commander Bond runs wild on you!!!

WWE and my Job paying for everything again - now THAT'S a great start to a Wednesday!

How is everyone else?

Jammy git, how did you swing that one? :D

Morning btw

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Oh nice one grames, that is awesome!!

Hello all, by the way :)

:D

Hello - how's you Maims?
    Herro o/

Alright Guv' hows tricks? How is the Leg/Knee?
    I’d never heard of wrestlemania before your news Grames

What a sheltered life you must lead! :pac:
    a free trip to New York is epic, anyways, with or without it!

BO YA!! :D

:D
    Hello - how's you Maims?
    I'm only short of propping my head up with a stick tbh, so, so tired today. No idea why either. But otherwise, I am grand :P

Alright Guv' hows tricks? How is the Leg/Knee?

Less swollen and able to walk around fine cheers for asking buddy :)

Skipping training tonight but should be grand by tomorrow

miamee wrote: »
    I'm only short of propping my head up with a stick tbh, so, so tired today. No idea why either. But otherwise, I am grand :P

I'm the very same - was destroyed tired yesterday! Seems to be the same with alot of people at the moment!
    Less swollen and able to walk around fine cheers for asking buddy :)

Skipping training tonight but should be grand by tomorrow

adda boy - up and AT THEM!

Atom.jpg

adda boy - up and AT THEM!

Atom.jpg

Strange - used that quote Monday morning! Love that episode!

The goggles do NoZing!

• Advertisement

I got a dozen red roses for valentine's day :D

How's the leg D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So last night I mentioned to the girl that Valentine's was coming up, and asked would she like to go out for a meal. She was kind of "meh" about it (at least I hope she was!) so I said I wasn't too keen on the whole idea of a fella standing beside me expecting me to know my shyt about wine and whatnot at a table in a posh restaurant, so I said look, I'll find something for us to do.

Long story short she went with this idea.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:pac::pac::pac:
    (Think a back up plan of a card and maybe even a voucher for a teeshirt shop in town I seen her peering into might be proper order. Or to do the more so tried and cliche thing of a box of choccys...Oh Gawd I hate decisions!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Will you be my Valentine P?

ED the musical is supposed to be fantastic,Im totes jelly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Happy Valentines everyone.. :)

Anyone get any mystery Valentines cards from a secret admirer??? :D

I got a dozen red roses for valentine's day :D

How's the leg D?

Were they harp scented?? :pac:
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Not yet but any second now I'm expecting a beautiful lady* to burst in the door and attempt to lure me back to her desk with a mysterious PC problem that nobody can fix**....then I won't be able to fix it either, ruining the mood and dashing my hopes of some V-day romance***

*More likely to be a 50 year old manager
    **More than likely to be a really simple problem
    ***I probably couldn't fix it even if it was simple

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So it was from you? No offense, but you got my hopes up it was from a hot young lady. :(

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So it was from you? No offense, but you got my hopes up it was from a hot young lady. :(

Yes sorry, I thought the scent of aftershave would have given it away, or maybe you are into the butch ones.. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

awec's clearly on the alert for maternity gear. :p

Morning all! How are we today?

• Advertisement

Happy Valentine's Day errybody :pac:

My romantic plans for the day include a Property Law lecture, dinner in front of the tv and a night reading up on the inter-war years in Europe.

Bet you're all jelly :P

Were they harp scented?? :pac:
    Nope rose scented! Large bunch too :D
    awec's clearly on the alert for maternity gear. :p
    He is on his own then if he is :pac:

Nope rose scented! Large bunch too :D

He is on his own then if he is :pac:

Ahh here, that's a bit harsh, abandoning him in his time of need!! :eek:

Shocking :pac:

Yes sorry, I thought the scent of aftershave would have given it away, or maybe you are into the butch ones.. :pac:

Ah, I thought the postman had overdone it this morning. Woah, that stunk! :rolleyes:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, I thought the postman had overdone it this morning. Woah, that stunk! :rolleyes:

Jeez you're a hard man to please!! Well you wont be getting one from me next year :mad: :pac:

Who doesn't like pleasing hard men

bluewolf wrote: »
    Coffee. All. Over. Keyboard!
    Yes, I spat, rather than swallowed, before you ask, BW! :p;)

Well it seems you have more experience than most in here BW, wanna share your secrets?? ;)

Coffee. All. Over. Keyboard!
    Yes, I spat, rather than swallowed, before you ask, BW! :p;)

Such a waste!! :p

• Advertisement

Got a valentines email, it may have come from Dominos but fúck all y'all I'm counting it :pac:

Also I've hit a serious slump - took a berocca boost and I'm still bate!

Well it seems you have more experience than most in here BW, wanna share your secrets?? ;)

oi! I just like the innuendo! :p

Suuuuuuuuuuure! :p

I’ve actually stopped working. Am too tired to start anything new, so am just counting the minutes until I can go out into the sunshine. Lovely to see blue skies for a change. So uplifting :D

I'm home to study
    Will actually commence study soon

In YOUR endo!!

Jeez you're a hard man to please!! Well you wont be getting one from me next year :mad: :pac:

Nah, I'm easily pleased, as my ex always complained about. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got a valentines email, it may have come from Dominos but fúck all y'all I'm counting it :pac:

Snap:o

I got a lovely ecard :)

I wouldn't mind some dominos though!

I got a Valentine's text. That's about as good as it gets for me this year!

Ahh here, that's a bit harsh, abandoning him in his time of need!! :eek:

Shocking :pac:
    He got himself into that situation so he can get himself out :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Also I've hit a serious slump - took a berocca boost and I'm still bate!

You should try Glucose sweets. I use them at work, got a pack from Lidl for feck all. Tried them today and though you don't feel any kind of buzz, I didn't feel my usual tired self by 4 o clock. Still don't now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement