Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

bluewolf wrote: »
    Barcelona :)

Barcelona is class, living there must have been brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got a lot of odd looks when I lived there, milky pale most of the time
    *hisses at sun*

Yeah I'm not a sun person either (apart from page 3, but that's a different story). I like a nice, mild, overcast day with no blinding light, no strong heat and no rain. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am normally on the anti - sun side of things but when the weather is like this I f*cking love it!

Not roasting, just nice - have to go for a walk later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I got a lot of odd looks when I lived there, milky pale most of the time
    *hisses at sun*
    My mother on the other hand is out the back garden any time there is a HINT of sun. Loves it
    I went to Rome in August once and still came back as white as ever! I was surgically attached to my sunhat and bottle of water - it was mid-30s by 11am most days!
    That said, I love the sun, even if it totally ignores me. I am always happier when it's sunny out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Love a bit of sun myself can't beat it....I don't tan though, I burn :(

I'll usually tan in the sun, so if I'm on holidays people think I'm Spanish :D

The sun was in my eyes for the entire walk home from Tesco and I'd no sunglasses. I like it ever so slightly less now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh I love the sun, once its not over 30 degrees and some sort of breeze, I'm in heaven.

However, being the typical Irish pasty person I am, I usually go from a light shade of blue to lobster red and back to that light blue again.. no tan for me.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Love days like this, nice to see the sun out.
    But it's not hot, so everywhere isn't mad busy with everyone trying desperately to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hope today is sunny too!

I did a swimming course last night - not as fun as you'd think, nowhere near a pool :P

My daily 5am run is getting a little easier to drag myself out of bed for indeed. Really starting to feel the difference in the season even at that time.

• Advertisement

I got home after 10pm and struggled to get up at 630 as I am all snuffly!
    Still, managed to get up at 7
    looking forward to singing tonight!
    What time do you go to sleep, tax

Morning all!

how are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sleepy!! Dunno why, but finding getting out of bed really hard this week :confused:

I got home after 10pm and struggled to get up at 630 as I am all snuffly!
    Still, managed to get up at 7
    looking forward to singing tonight!

Enjoy the singing BW :)
    Morning all!

how are we?

Grand out buddy, yourself?

I'm obsessed with the TV show suits - it's taken over my life!

Suits looks deadly, D’agger! I keep menaing to catch up on it on Netflix.

Morning all! I went to a deadly performance at the NCH last night as part of the JDIFF. Dario Marianelli, who won an Oscar for his score for Atonement, was introducing the RTE Concert Orchestra in a performance of some of his better known compositions. Really captivating to hear the music live rather on CD. I’m still buzzing from the magic of it all!
    And I have a yummy home-made pear and almond scone for my late elevenses, rather than my usual banana, so I’m in a very good mood :D

I'm looking forward to another nch buzz on friday hermi :D

Usually 12ish. Depending on how many - if any - bedroom activities got in the way :)

5 hours a night is pretty low
    I don't think I could do that

I sometimes take an afternoon nap on sundays :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

...I did a swimming course last night - not as fun as you'd think, nowhere near a pool :P

Eh? How do you do a swimming course with no water?? :confused:

Morning all!

how are we?

Not too bad thanks mate and you?

D'Agger wrote: »
    ..I'm obsessed with the TV show suits - it's taken over my life!

I've seen a few episodes of this, seems good alright. Waiting for Franklin and Bash to come back on TV with season 3, thats another good show.

Used to do that but could never get out of bed, ended up spending the whole day in bed.. so undisciplined when it comes to sleep and bed :o

Self-discipline has been the aim of the game for me for some years now and is an element in everything I do. And I do a lot. So I guess that helps. Not having a television helps with a lot of things too. Except of course knowing what you are all talking about when you mention one series or another :)

I've no tv either and I'm mad busy but I still need my sleep :p
    Well I do technically have a tv since I came home one day and my grandparents had been over to give me their old flatscreen but um it's not plugged into anything :p

Netflix is handy the odd time though
    and when doctor who comes back, I'll watch that

There's alot to be said for naps, I haven't had one in ages....soon....
    Self-discipline has been the aim of the game for me for some years now and is an element in everything I do.

hmm...true, but you have to cut loose every now and again too imo in order to remain sane....like me last night with the pack of chocolate raisins....they were just too good...I ate the whole pack! Oh god I'm a monster :pac:
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I've seen a few episodes of this, seems good alright. Waiting for Franklin and Bash to come back on TV with season 3, thats another good show.

Watch more - I've changed my avatar to that of Harvey Spector, who is now also my hero despite being a fictional character :D

omg I love chocolate raisins :o
    I try to compromise with choc brazil nuts, they're really good

hmm...true, but you have to cut loose every now and again too imo in order to remain sane....like me last night with the pack of chocolate raisins....they were just too good...I ate the whole pack!

I control the cooking and eating in my house. All healthy eating. No complaints usually as what I cook is nice enough that the gfs do not miss junk good or the old crap.

Occasionally though I do let them go primal on a KFC bucket. It makes them happy and - in some weird ways - is rather erotic to watch :)

Cutting loose for me tends to be my monthly house party. I would likely go all kinds of insane if I did not have that outlet. I set it up - cook for it - get the beers in - and when thats all done I say "Feck it, im done now" and give up all hosting responsibilities and have fun.

Until the clean up next day of course - but thankfully thats never as bad as one might expect.

• Advertisement

One day we'll go crash it :cool:

I control the cooking and eating in my house. All healthy eating. No complaints usually as what I cook is nice enough that the gfs do not miss junk good or the old crap.

Occasionally though I do let them go primal on a KFC bucket. It makes them happy and - in some weird ways - is rather erotic to watch :)

Cutting loose for me tends to be my monthly house party. I would likely go all kinds of insane if I did not have that outlet. I set it up - cook for it - get the beers in - and when thats all done I say "Feck it, im done now" and give up all hosting responsibilities and have fun.

Until the clean up next day of course - but thankfully thats never as bad as one might expect.

Erotic bird you say ;)

I never eat KFC tbh - Dominos would be my guilty pleasure, that and a few pints

I think its all the carnal ripping of flesh and sucking on sticky fingers I don't know :)

I'm looking forward to another nch buzz on friday hermi :D
    Me, too! And I went to the IFI for supper last night and am going back tonight to see Philadelphia, Here I come. I’m going to all the places this week :D
    hmm...true, but you have to cut loose every now and again too imo in order to remain sane....like me last night with the pack of chocolate raisins....they were just too good...I ate the whole pack! Oh god I'm a monster
    Love M&S chocolate raisins! Sure, raisins are fruit. They must be good for you :D

Watch more - I've changed my avatar to that of Harvey Spector, who is now also my hero despite being a fictional character
    Oh, that’s who it is! I was admiring the suit :pac:

I LOVE Netflix. I do watch a good bit of tv, but I do a lot besides watching telly so I feel no guilt about it. I barely get six hours sleep most nights and Netflix can be a Godsend tbh. Don’t really do fast food as I much prefer Thai food if I’m having a treat. Eddie Rockett’s would be my guilty pleasure but I haven’t had it since Christmas.
    Today is dragging. Not cool :cool:

omg I love chocolate raisins :o
    I try to compromise with choc brazil nuts, they're really good
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Love M&S chocolate raisins! Sure, raisins are fruit. They must be good for you :D

Y'know what....you guys are alright :pac:

• Advertisement

Stupid stinking assignments!
    I'm not alright :(:mad:

Suits? Yay! Rachel or Donna? Hmmm, yes please!

As for sleep I do about 4 or 5 hours a night then make up for it at the weekend with about 8 or 9. I'm someone who's reluctant to go to bed and reluctant to get up. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Suits? Yay! Rachel or Donna? Hmmm, yes please!

As for sleep I do about 4 or 5 hours a night then make up for it at the weekend with about 8 or 9. I'm someone who's reluctant to go to bed and reluctant to get up. :)
    Rachel, although Donna get's bonus points for being strange!

Rachel, although Donna get's bonus points for being strange!

You should go through the Suits thread in the Television forum where you'll find a few Donna gifs. :) I would go for Rachel as well, but if that fell through Donna would do. Of course I wouldn't let her know that she was second choice. :pac:

Yeah but she'd know anyway there lies the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm off chocolate so got jellies instead :o

Evening all :)

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm off chocolate so got jellies instead :o

Evening all :)

Don't think it works like that. But good on you for finding the loophole. :P

Just in from work after 7. Nice 2.5 hours overtime. Get nothing for it.

Just in from work after 7. Nice 2.5 hours overtime. Get nothing for it.

Can you refuse to do it?

I'm listening to a Disney playlist, Hans Zimmer's score for the Lion King is brilliant :)

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Eh? How do you do a swimming course with no water?? :confused:

It's a teaching swimming organising course (these things really exist..), basically pool safety, policy yadda yadda. :pac: Next step up in it is teaching swimming so you actually end up in the pool - I'll get around to it next year I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Next you'll be telling us you can walk on water and are delivering loaves and fishes. :P

Evening all, can't wait for this month to be over, manic at work.

• Advertisement

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Can you refuse to do it?

I'm listening to a Disney playlist, Hans Zimmer's score for the Lion King is brilliant :)

I can just leave and go home but it will bite me in the ass eventually. I work with Americans who're 5 hours behind. So if I don't get some things done, I could end up having to wait for them to come in to get it done.

That a Disney playlist on Live365? I sometimes listen to the disney stations on there. The reason I had "I See the Light" from Tangled stuck in my head for ages.

I worked til 8 but at least i get flexi time for it!

I can just leave and go home but it will bite me in the ass eventually. I work with Americans who're 5 hours behind. So if I don't get some things done, I could end up having to wait for them to come in to get it done.

That a Disney playlist on Live365? I sometimes listen to the disney stations on there. The reason I had "I See the Light" from Tangled stuck in my head for ages.

I see, that's pretty crappy. Not worth saying no then.

It's actually on Spotify, it's really good :) But I'm a big Disney child!

Pem - you're not actually taking part in this Lent bullsh!t are ya?!

How is it bs? I used to do it, it's a great way to give up random crap I'd put off all year otherwise.

I went off sugar in tea two years ago for it, nearly killed me :o But can't stand it now so it worked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When is Lent, then? Trocaire box time usually, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Mostly to get me off chocolate!!

Regardless of what you believe, it's as good an excuse as any to reform/ improve your lifestyle, no? Motivating yourself to get started is often the hardest part, after all :)

Saw the film version of Philadelphia, Here I Come at the IFI. Had seen it for my Leaving Cert but didn't remember it much. A very underappreciated Irish film. The cast is just stellar!

Regardless of what you believe, it's as good an excuse as any to reform/ improve your lifestyle, no? Motivating yourself to get started is often the hardest part, after all :)

Saw the film version of Philadelphia, Here I Come at the IFI. Had seen it for my Leaving Cert but didn't remember it much. A very underappreciated Irish film. The cast is just stellar!

Back to the land I started from with the 2 Gars. I did it for Junior Cert and watched it then as well.

• Advertisement

Regardless of what you believe, it's as good an excuse as any to reform/ improve your lifestyle, no? Motivating yourself to get started is often the hardest part, after all :)!

That's fair enough but surely you can just do that yourself anytime of the year! the 40 day limit means you have something to look forward to and more than likely will jump striaght back on your vice when lent is over. (especially as it will be easter and the eggs will be a-flowing)

I personally gave up ALOT - a few weeks before xmas, no end date in sight means you stay disciplined -Hell now I don't even have MILK in tea - let alone sugar!!

Anyway that is my (very delayed) responce! :p

Morning all! how are we?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement