Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

D'Agger wrote: »
    lol
    Also - to those of you questioning my modship FACK OFF! :)

Hey!
    You leave my people alone!...
    Wait no...
    People, you leave my fellow Mod alone!
    Wait no..
    Who's side am I on again?

Whohoo! Friday!...5hrs and 50mins until Pint O clock in my new favourite local.
    It's called the Legion, home to a lot of war veterans. It's a non profit pub, cheapest pints in Vancouver that I've seen, cheapest pool table, free ping pong table...I mean seriously, what more does a man want!
    (Just have to don on an aul soldier jacket and blend in.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sounds good P,once they don't ask to see your helmet that is.

I wouldn't fall for that one.

Again.

>.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hahaha!
    Necky! That was top drawer stuff ya cheeky pup!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

That_Guy wrote: »
    But I've got more posts than them. By logic... Obvious, sexy logic, I should be the one whose name is in bold!!
    I will have you know that awec got his modship fairly. He bribed some mods :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pembily wrote: »
    I will have you know that awec got his modship fairly. He bribed some mods :pac:

Suuure he did.

Weekend plans. (Haven't done this in a while)

Today

- Just put together a few mixes. Nothing too major.
    - Had dinner
    - Caught up on some football podcasts
    - Gonna relax with a glass of wine and watch the Bundesliga game from tonight on ESPN in about 20 mins.
    - Self pleasure (TBC) :pac:

Tomorrow

- Pretty much football all day so nothing too spectacular to write home about
    - Possible cinema trip to see Die Hard
    - Chill the fook out

Sunday

- Off to see Bohs in Dalymount
    - Home for Newcastle V Southampton
    - Catch up on a film or two before the Oscars
    - Dinner
    - Quick snooze
    - Watch said Oscar ceremony
    - Pass out

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

awec wrote: »
    I'm a mod cause there is a nordy quota. Nothing in this world can function correctly without nordy input and influence.

read - to argue about everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Have a head cold :(

Went for a lovely meal with my buddy and his gf - I was a 4rd wheel really but tricycles are awesome!

Went for a few drinks obviously crane lane, I was driving so and with the cold missed out on the chance to talk to a front runner for future Mrs.D'Agger

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Even worse, D'Agger and TP have mod hats too! :eek:

Run far away while you still can man.

Oiii.. less of that missy.. :mad::mad::mad:

What did I do to get dragged into this??? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We should have a pool going on the next tGC mod to become pregnant... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Oiii.. less of that missy.. :mad::mad::mad:

What did I do to get dragged into this??? :cool:

Problem? :P

Oh I like this plan...once we get to name the babbys like tLL do :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Problem? :P

Cheeky pup.. :cool:

I think apart from food babies with the amount of food consumed by the regs on here, you may be waiting unless you know something we don't know?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ehh, no thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hey guys, hope you're all having a good weekend!

I've just registered for Shave or Dye 2013 :)

• Advertisement

Guessing you'll be dying? :)

Got new battery and mirror for the car today. Oddly cheaper than I thought

CastorTroy wrote: »

well don't sound so happy about it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

bluewolf wrote: »

20121119_dn_0mdhplwl.jpg

Putting the FUN back in funeral... one death at a time.

Ah it's my inner optimist coming through. I'm not used to it so my optimism shows up in the strangest places

CastorTroy wrote: »

^^ :pac:

I'll be dying in the colour sense, not the morbid sense!

• Advertisement

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

Ah good to hear. Though I do know people sometimes go to desperate measures to get out of things they volunteered for.

Went for carvery today. Well stuffed still.

Dyeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

As they always say; hair today, gone tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

oddman2 wrote: »

As they always say; hair today, gone tomorrow.
    Oh dear …
    :P

I think apart from food babies with the amount of food consumed by the regs on here, you may be waiting unless you know something we don't know?? ;)
    Food babies could be a specialty of this forum! BW and I went for dinner on Friday and nearly slipped into a food coma afterwards! :pac:

Welcomes back, TG! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, Your Honour.
    I've no recollection. I was in a food coma. :pac:

Dyeing

Humblest apologies, oh great one :p

Humblest apologies, oh great one :p

Quick, ninja edit a full stop in there before she catches you! :P

My little sister's entering a school MasterChef thing so she's been making these all weekend, I've eaten so many I might just explode. :D
    40107_80.jpg

My little sister's entering a school MasterChef thing so she's been making these all weekend, I've eaten so many I might just explode. :D
    40107_80.jpg

I nominate KKK to learn how to make these and make a batch for the next beers.. do I hear any objections??

Nah didn't think so.. :D

40107_80.jpg

The age old "My sister ate my homework" excuse.

• Advertisement

And delishus homework it is too...on teaching practice maybe I should set this instead of tables!
    Those look the ticket!

The kid is a complete perfectionist so we've made about 5 batches so far...and I've a feeling there'll be more tomorrow :pac: Definitely wasn't complaining though!
    I nominate KKK to learn how to make these and make a batch for the next beers.. do I hear any objections??

Nah didn't think so.. :D

What, and add to the food babies? :P
    Learn? I've made so many can probably do it in my sleep now, but I reckon they'd get destroyed on the way in

What, and add to the food babies? :P

Ehh yeah!!!
    wrote:
    Learn? I've made so many can probably do it in my sleep now, but I reckon they'd get destroyed on the way in

Well then you have no excuse!! :D

Nah, I'm sure you can find a way, after all people will be trusting you with their little darlings in class.. :pac: :D

So....

I had a cold all weekend, but played our final yesterday and won the cup so happy days...however (there's always a however) I had to come off with a hamstring strain, went out celebrating last night so fairly hungover this morning, no milk or cream in the house for coffee so came into work early - my laptop has decided to pack in and isn't working and just got an email from my boss saying he's "working" from home so I'm on my own to face Mondays IT challenges....of which I'm guessing there will be many. Additionally the software I use to track my work is hosted locally on my laptop which is busto so yeah....no idea what I need to catch up on!

This is going to be a long day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

So....

I had a cold all weekend, but played our final yesterday and won the cup so happy days...however (there's always a however) I had to come off with a hamstring strain, went out celebrating last night so fairly hungover this morning, no milk or cream in the house for coffee so came into work early - my laptop has decided to pack in and isn't working and just got an email from my boss saying he's "working" from home so I'm on my own to face Mondays IT challenges....of which I'm guessing there will be many. Additionally the software I use to track my work is hosted locally on my laptop which is busto so yeah....no idea what I need to catch up on!

WWHSD?

So....

Happy Monday to you too mate :pac::D:D:D

So....

On a more serious note, if its still working, can you take the HD out of the laptop and set it up as a second hard drive on a PC, then you should be able to read everything off it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! How are we?

D'agger - congrats on the cup win but you should know that you are SUPPOSED to drink coffee without milk/cream - it's what unleashes the deliciousness!!

Keno 92 wrote: »
    WWHSD?

He wouldn't be hungover in the first place because he's a champ of a man
    On a more serious note, if its still working, can you take the HD out of the laptop and set it up as a second hard drive on a PC, then you should be able to read everything off it?

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet - just working away on a spare PC while I get bombarded with stupid requests - and I mean STUPID i.e. trying to explain to one user why I can't give out our IT admin password....the reason is in the name there really love!
    Morning all! How are we?

D'agger - congrats on the cup win but you should know that you are SUPPOSED to drink coffee without milk/cream - it's what unleashes the deliciousness!!

I contemplated it but I love a bit of cream in my coffee and being hungover ta fúúúúúck I decided best not to chance it....had a bacon sambo instead though so not all was lost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Fear not guys. I am alive! So someone fill me in on the past 3 weeks! :cool:

• Advertisement

Welcome back to our African correspondent. :cool:

Just talk about food and dodging/being in Coppers, grammar and you'll be caught up. :pac:

Awec is still pregnant with Panthros baby although Panthro is disputing this and has requested a paternity test

Awec is still pregnant with Panthros baby although Panthro is disputing this and has requested a paternity test

This and more on the Jeremy Kyle show...don't go anywhere, right back after the break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I nearly choked on my coffee! Has your day improved, D’agger? ‘Grats on the Cup.

I think I’m going to apply to become a Boomtown Rat as I, also, do not like Mondays. Especially not this one :mad: People keep annoying me and asking me for stuff, and well, that’s quite inconvenient. I’m in an anti-people mood.

Oh my god I need coffee. Completely flatlining atm :/

edit: oh, but procrastination just made me realise I know the beanie hat girl on the Topshop homepage today :pac:

We ought to get them a voucher for ante-natal classes...
    This and more on the Jeremy Kyle show...don't go anywhere, right back after the break!

Pfft, Mr. Kyle has nothing on Jeremy Springer, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc. Let's not count Ricki Lake. G'wan the 90s. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pfft, Mr. Kyle has nothing on Jeremy Springer, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc. Let's not count Ricki Lake. G'wan the 90s. :pac:

Had to love a bitta Catchphrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Swear to gawd I am very close to purchasing one of these bad boys:

Jaynehat-web.jpg

Pretty Cunning doncha think?

Hermione* wrote: »
    I nearly choked on my coffee! Has your day improved, D’agger? ‘Grats on the Cup.

I think I’m going to apply to become a Boomtown Rat as I, also, do not like Mondays. Especially not this one :mad: People keep annoying me and asking me for stuff, and well, that’s quite inconvenient. I’m in an anti-people mood.

Thank you - didn't play great and annoyed with the injury but will keep plugging away - early in the year yet! Still great to have a cup won!

I've improved after lunch - went of a dirty pizza, coffee and a caramello, feeling much better after it, plus I'm doing sweet fúck all for the rest of the day unless it's urgent [SimpsonsRef]I won't apologize for that, I'm sorry Lisa but that's just the way I am :pac:[/SimpsonsRef]

This pregnancy lark is easy.
    I give it about 8months before you change your tune

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement