Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wannagohomewannagohomewannagohome!!!

Waiting on things here so hope to be out of here by 630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! How are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning all! How are we?
    Morning GB how's all in Dubland?

Went to the gym before work to do a session and to get working on the twanged hammy - could hardly job because my knees is killing me - no idea what I've done to it but it's the one I took a knock to two weeks ago so a bit worried. First physio session of the year awaits!

I lasted longer than I expected tbh :o

Also, does anybody know if CastorTroy made it home okay?? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Things are looking up, the sun is peaking out from behind the storm clouds here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

D'Agger wrote: »
    Morning GB how's all in Dubland?

Saul Goode my end - ticking over really, few good opportunities on the horizon - cards close to my chest atm!!
    I lasted longer than I expected tbh :o

you lasted 3 minutes this time?! :eek:

:pac:
    Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Things are looking up, the sun is peaking out from behind the storm clouds here. :D

SHOW OFF!

Also, does anybody know if CastorTroy made it home okay?? :)

Got outta here at about 7. Home to a steak dinner. Of course I had to make it myself since no one else would. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Howdy all :)
    How are we doing? I went out for a yum dinner last night as part of Dine in Dublin - we had a yummy 3 course meal. Have just organised to do another one later in the week with one of the girls in the office :Pac: :pac: Yum!

Saul Goode my end - ticking over really, few good opportunities on the horizon - cards close to my chest atm!!

you lasted 3 minutes this time?! :eek:

:pac:

Glad to hear bud :)

Nah - I've done the math and it turns out I lasted over 240 minutes before needing physio :pac:
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got outta here at about 7. Home to a steak dinner. Of course I had to make it myself since no one else would. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Morning all! Lots of good news here this morning. Lovely to read :) Except for D’agger’s three minutes, of course :P
    Went for a run last night and inadvertently ran for 50% longer than normal so am thrilled with myself. Still on a bit of a running high this morning! :D

A friend was at the short plays at the weekend and raved about it, miamee. Nice one on the meals out. Must try to organise something for Dine In Dublin myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Hows everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all..

Hows everyone?
    Exhausted and it's only Tuesday... How about you?

I'm also dying for some chocolate!

Congrats on the championship D'Agger :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »

I'd kill for some chocolate right now. :(

Twas only a preseason comp but thank you Pembo! :)

Dying for lunch....ravenous!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm good, nice long lie in this morning as doing all night work at the moment.

I guess I shouldn't mention the rather LARGE chocolate chip cookie I'm munching on now with a nice cup of tea so :D

Had chocolate chip ice cream on Sunday.

Just an FYI. :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I'm good, nice long lie in this morning as doing all night work at the moment.

I guess I shouldn't mention the rather LARGE chocolate chip cookie I'm munching on now with a nice cup of tea so :D
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Had chocolate chip ice cream on Sunday.

Just an FYI. :D

I am glaring at my computer screen right now to give you guys evil looks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I want a nap.

But I know if I go to sleep now I won't wake up for hours :(

ALL THE COFFEE!

I want a nap.

But I know if I go to sleep now I won't wake up for hours :(

ALL THE COFFEE!
    I can't wait until I get my next nap in, it's going to be wonderful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can't wait until I get my next nap in, it's going to be wonderful

Did I ever mention to you about the operation Kearns that lives with us got a few months ago? Something wrong with the alignment of his hips was causing him to pull hamstrings constantly, it's a pretty common thing afaik - Karl Lacey had a similar operation a few weeks ago.

Might be worth looking into.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Did I ever mention to you about the operation Kearns that lives with us got a few months ago? Something wrong with the alignment of his hips was causing him to pull hamstrings constantly, it's a pretty common thing afaik - Karl Lacey had a similar operation a few weeks ago.

Might be worth looking into.
    I've been working on back & core work in the gym loads and it's definitely helped - I think the problem with this was, It was my first time sprinting in the second half, hadn't properly warmed back up after half time and turned and went for it. Only a slight twinge so I'll see what the physio says but will be out for less than a week I'd say.

Buddy I would gym with had that op - coming back in the next few weeks but it's something I'd look into alright. Surgeon is in Waterford I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've had a Dairy Milk, and I've got a Twirl and a Golden Crisp in the fridge.

It's just one of those days!

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Chocolate in the fridge? Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

You're just contrary when it comes to food :P

And cold chocolate is right, right, right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Chocolate in the fridge? Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Agreed, freezer or nothing obv.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Agreed, freezer or nothing obv.

Zactly - Go hard or go home!

I've just realised the Black Eyed Peas are my study music now. I don't know how or why, but it works! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Frozen or even cold chocolate is amazing. I want chocolate. I've got marshmallows...

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've had a Dairy Milk, and I've got a Twirl and a Golden Crisp in the fridge.

It's just one of those days!

:mad::mad:

Refrigerated chocolate buttons ftw, and none of this small packet business either!

:mad::mad:

I empathise with you!

I'll send some chocolate to Africa for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You're just contrary when it comes to food :P

And cold chocolate is right, right, right!

Oh yes, a Twirl straight from the fridge...nom nom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Frozen or even cold chocolate is amazing. I want chocolate. I've got marshmallows...

Try making a smore.

I've just realised the Black Eyed Peas are my study music now. I don't know how or why, but it works! :o

564809_10151133903208889_1084155270_n.jpg

Refrigerated GIANT chocolate buttons ftw, and none of this small packet business either!
    FYP :D

<insert snarky pic here>

Knew either you or awec would say something :pac:
    If this is the only thing keeping me working right now I'll take it! Macklemore too - no I don't know why them two are working but sure *shrug*

IM GONNA POP SOME TAGS... ONLY GOT TWENTY DOLLAS IN MA POCKET...

Dressed in all pink except my gator shoes, those are green, draped in a leopard mink...
    yep sounds like you alright!

tumblr_lua5h2q4Rs1qmrtygo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got two newer/bigger monitors at work.
    Now I'm finding it hard to concentrate as I'm too close to the screen any time I go to sit forward.

Dam you 1st world problem!:mad:

Why would I be wearing your shoes? :eek:

Do you have size 10 feet as well? :pac:

Considering the shock you were in over my flats yeah, good point :pac:

• Advertisement

Macklemore is class, love neon cathedral :)

Made banana bread again. Didn't drop it on the floor this time. Great success!

Hermione* wrote: »
    FYP :D

That's what I meant by small packet, however, on reflection, I can see how this could version picked up wrong - because I worded it terribly :)

Slept for 5 of the last 48 hours. Any minute now this is gonna be me....aaaany second now....zzz.

Bed at human time tonight, sad how much I've been looking forward to this all day really! :o
    tumblr_lpfol6xROe1qii6tmo1_250.gif

My assignment soundtrack is an eclectic mix of Florence + the Machine, Thin Lizzy, Fleetwood Mac and Backstreet Boys :o

See now that would be better than mine, but yeah...only able to focus with BEP and Macklemore. As ya do like.

Oh and this! Look, my list is growing. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wouldn't have a clue how to make an assignment soundtrack. Does this make me old?

Oh and this! Look, my list is growing. :D

I saw 'Blue' and added this to my soundtrack...

That's what I meant by small packet, however, on reflection, I can see how this could version picked up wrong - because I worded it terribly :)
    The giant buttons only come in large bags, I thought … or maybe I've just never gone looking for small bags of them! :pac: They're actually the only Cadbury's I like.
    My assignment soundtrack is an eclectic mix of Florence + the Machine, Thin Lizzy, Fleetwood Mac and Backstreet Boys :o
    That list sounds awesome!

Had giant buttons with my cuppa tea tonight. Prepping for an interview off an exhaustively long job spec and needed a treat to keep me sane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching The Following and having a cream egg and some tea,nice.

• Advertisement

So, what did you give up for Lent?
    Oh, nothing. I learned new ways of cooling and freezing chocolate (plus GIANT buttons nom) from boardsies, though. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement