Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sorry to hear that HB, didn't realise you were from around there. It's awful sad. Its also sucks when you're away but people understand and you'll be there for them when you're home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It mustn't have been much of a storm, I got a good 5 hours kip earlier and not a care in the world did I have!:D

Sorry to hear that HB, plenty of Boardsies are here for you chief whenever you need us!

I slept like a baby and it's all nice and calm now, did the storm happen??

Morning all :D

Ara it did in it's....'ole!
    Morning Pem!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Everyone safe and sound after yesterdays antics with the weather?

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all..

Everyone safe and sound after yesterdays antics with the weather?

What antics??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    What antics??

Eh gale force winds, floods, 6-10ft waves etc.. ya know, the usual summer stuff.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Met Eireann winding people up again!

Met Eireann winding people up again!

Not according to those in my home place, trees down all over the place, flooding and lots of roof damage.. Granted, not the Armageddon that was predicted by Met Eireann, but better safe than sorry. :)

Some images from home (borrowed from and compliments to the guys on the weather forum)

7790720350_7bc4b8b2cf.jpg

There's a 20ft high pier under that water somewhere:
    603472_451252788248787_1243284128_n.jpg

and here!!
    603496_451253048248761_2127380162_n.jpg

559188_517526541595766_1702526293_n.jpg

Eh gale force winds, floods, 6-10ft waves etc.. ya know, the usual summer stuff.. :P

They way there were going on it was going to be a hurricane. Those are great pictures but I am from the west, nothing unusual.

• Advertisement

They way there were going on it was going to be a hurricane. Those are great pictures but I am from the west, nothing unusual.

All windswept and mysterious eh? :pac: :P

All windswept and mysterious eh? :pac: :P

The west is mysterious?

The west is mysterious?

Nah, not really.. its a quiet day!! :P

The west is mysterious?

Nah, not really.. its a quiet day!! :P
    Clearly :p

I'm eating chocolate... ooopppsss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Was training last night - our pitch is close enough to the water....fairly windy it has to be said and it hammered down rain on us for a solid 10mins....loved it!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Was training last night - our pitch is close enough to the water....fairly windy it has to be said and it hammered down rain on us for a solid 10mins....loved it!
    It is nice being out on weather like that once you know a hot shower and food is waiting for you!!

It is nice being out on weather like that once you know a hot shower and food is waiting for you!!
    This is true.....I just realised I put on a wash last night and never spun it or hung it out....damn

Anyway - came home to spaghetti bolognese which my housemate cooked for me - WONDER!! :)

This is true.....I just realised I put on a wash last night and never spun it or hung it out....damn

Anyway - came home to spaghetti bolognese which my housemate cooked for me - WONDER!! :)
    Oh spag bol, nyommy :)

The weather is too unpredictable to hang clothes out...

Oh spag bol, nyommy :)

The weather is too unpredictable to hang clothes out...
    I've used my clothes line less that 10 times since I moved in almost a year ago - clothes horse ftw

Also yes - spagbol is nyom - fav meal since I was younger :)

I've used my clothes line less that 10 times since I moved in almost a year ago - clothes horse ftw

Also yes - spagbol is nyom - fav meal since I was younger :)

But I prefer to dry clothes outside!! Damn Irish weather!

I had a brie and chicken toasted sandwich :D:D Nyommy.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Hello all! Awec check in from Magaluf (just woke up, lying in my wee sick bed right now)

Never, ever, ever doing this type of holiday again. From sleeping outside all night, paying to get my ears pierced while absolutely hammered but thankfully not going through with it at the last minute cause they didn't have the colour I wanted to just full on madness.

I am absolutely destroyed. 5 nights in a row, I never ever want to see vodka again once I get home.

Next year I'm going to the sun for a relaxing week :D

Though I have seen avicii, Tinie tempah and Calvin Harris all live and all 3 were absolutely banging.

Only seen the sun once! :pac:

It would have been so funny if you had gone through with getting your ear pierced :P

Such a nice day today :)

Hello all! Awec check in from Magaluf (just woke up, lying in my wee sick bed right now)

Never, ever, ever doing this type of holiday again. From sleeping outside all night, paying to get my ears pierced while absolutely hammered but thankfully not going through with it at the last minute cause they didn't have the colour I wanted to just full on madness.

I am absolutely destroyed. 5 nights in a row, I never ever want to see vodka again once I get home.

Next year I'm going to the sun for a relaxing week :D

Though I have seen avicii, Tinie tempah and Calvin Harris all live and all 3 were absolutely banging.

Only seen the sun once! :pac:
    Fair dues - I'm 24 and working since college has meant I'm too tired for that kind of holiday tbh - relaxation is my game!!

V.Jealous that you got to see those acts - would love to see Calvin Harris & Tinie!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Fair dues - I'm 24 and working since college has meant I'm too tired for that kind of holiday tbh - relaxation is my game!!

V.Jealous that you got to see those acts - would love to see Calvin Harris & Tinie!

Yeah Calvin Harris is fantastic live, saw him in Croatia 2 years ago at the Enter Festival in Split.. The music sounds soooo much better when the weather is warm and everyone is in such better mood :D

to get my ears pierced while absolutely hammered but thankfully not going through with it at the last minute cause they didn't have the colour I wanted to just full on madness.

I missed out on my cousins stag do in Cyprus a few years back and everyone on the stag in a fit of drunken stupidity got their nipple pierced, including my uncle who was in his 50's..

To say it was funny 2 days later at the wedding when they were all in bits, with swollen painful nipples at the wedding in 40 degrees of heat was an understatement.. :D

Yeah Calvin Harris is fantastic live, saw him in Croatia 2 years ago at the Enter Festival in Split.. The music sounds soooo much better when the weather is warm and everyone is in such better mood :D
    Stop it you're depressing me!!

Won't get a sun holiday this year on account of the new job....which I'm fine with but still, after college at night for 9 months while in my current job I'd love a break :(

Stop it you're depressing me!!

Won't get a sun holiday this year on account of the new job....which I'm fine with but still, after college at night for 9 months while in my current job I'd love a break :(

I know that feeling, I'm depressed too, I missed out on the same trip again this year due to a mix up with the boat booking..
    Struggling to get one lousy week in the sun this year in Sept :(:(:(

I know that feeling, I'm depressed too, I missed out on the same trip again this year due to a mix up with the boat booking..
    Struggling to get one lousy week in the sun this year in Sept :(:(:(
    I'll hopefully get some city breaks in then take holidays at Christmas and try to relax properly - one of my best friends is back from Oz so can't wait to see her :)

Maybe try to head away in April or May next year and then again in September if possible - I'm worth it :)

• Advertisement

I'll hopefully get some city breaks in then take holidays at Christmas and try to relax properly - one of my best friends is back from Oz so can't wait to see her :)

Maybe try to head away in April or May next year and then again in September if possible - I'm worth it :)

Would you look at a ski holiday, great fun..

I'm thinking about a 3 week holiday next year. Not sure where but somewhere I haven't been!

City breaks are great Paulie! If you want a city break / sun, I highly recommend Valencia :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My exam went well this morning! Got the train up at 6.20 and studied from then until my exam! My thesis topic came up as a question in one part and i remember 12 quotes from the document for the second section! So im 90% sure i passed after all my freaking out! Dont know if i got my 2.1 but im happy i did ok! Got 9 pages wrote in an hour 15 mins had 45 mins to spare so left after another 15mins but im happy...until i get my results :pac:

Hope everyone is keeping well today :)

Would you look at a ski holiday, great fun..

Never - when I holiday it's in the sun.

My brother's going to Florida for a year in October and won't be home for Christmas so thinking of heading to the states for two weeks. A week in Florida, a week in New York or something like that.
    My exam went well this morning! Got the train up at 6.20 and studied from then until my exam! My thesis topic came up as a question in one part and i remember 12 quotes from the document for the second section! So im 90% sure i passed after all my freaking out! Dont know if i got my 2.1 but im happy i did ok! Got 9 pages wrote in an hour 15 mins had 45 mins to spare so left after another 15mins but im happy...until i get my results :pac:

Hope everyone is keeping well today :)

Well done :)

Never - when I holiday it's in the sun.

My brother's going to Florida for a year in October and won't be home for Christmas so thinking of heading to the states for two weeks. A week in Florida, a week in New York or something like that.

Ehh a week in New York at Xmas is not gonna be a sun holiday :D

However Florida should be good.. especially Miami, party and clubbing central :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all.

Currently sitting supervising the first ever exam I have set. It's a bit exciting. (Not looking forward to marking them though)

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all.

Currently sitting supervising the first ever exam I have set. It's a bit exciting. (Not looking forward to marking them though)

Daisies students: "Quick, she's on boards again! Get out the cheat sheets!!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Daisies students: "Quick, she's on boards again! Get out the cheat sheets!!"

Well considering I spent the whole hour on boards/facebook they could have cheated but briefly looking through the answers, they didn't!

Bunch of amateurs!
    Morning all, bed soon enough for me, is the desire for a breakfast roll a good thing or a bad thing, considering it would be my supper and not breakfast?!

Morning all! Drinking on a school night is not good. My stomach is in bits. I really must stop using alcopops as my mixer :o

Morning all! Drinking on a school night is not good. My stomach is in bits. I really must stop using alcopops as my mixer :o

I thought the equation was Alcohol + Alcohol = Win?

Or am I missing a few brackets there?

• Advertisement

I thought the equation was Alcohol + Alcohol = Win?

Or am I missing a few brackets there?

Alcohol + alcohol = 2alcohol but as alcohol = win, alcohol + alcohol = 2win

BUT

Alcohol + school night + alcopops = bad idea + ill stomach!!

Ehh a week in New York at Xmas is not gonna be a sun holiday :D

However Florida should be good.. especially Miami, party and clubbing central :p

My brother won't be home for Christmas but I meant I'll go see him at some stage.....not Christmas - Floridas sunny so I'll go in May or something!! :pac:

Happy Friday all :)

Alcohol + alcohol = 2alcohol but as alcohol = win, alcohol + alcohol = 2win

BUT

Alcohol + school night + alcopops = bad idea + ill stomach!!

Mathematics Forum ====> way!! :cool:

My brother won't be home for Christmas but I meant I'll go see him at some stage.....not Christmas - Floridas sunny so I'll go in May or something!! :pac:

Happy Friday all :)
    Happy Friday Paulie, oh Florida would be cool, they have class water parks :D
    Mathematics Forum ====> way!! :cool:

I am a mod of it so I know where it is :P

I am a mod of it so I know where it is :P

Really?
    picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=13773

I'd never have guessed!! :P:cool::D

Really?
    picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=13773

I'd never have guessed!! :P:cool::D

You have waaaay too much time!

Can someone fast forward time please?

I've eaten a savage breakfast roll, nyom nyom nyom!

I need to go for a coffee and sausage roll soon....real soon

Panthro wrote: »
    I've eaten a savage breakfast roll, nyom nyom nyom!

I had toast and it appears to have settled my stomach but now I need sleep, lots of sleep.

You have waaaay too much time!

Can someone fast forward time please?

Nah, its just a quiet day :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement