Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Time well spent, TBO.

Finished all my work now so going to try unwind for a bit, need to stop thinking or I'll be awake all night. Again.
    And then BEDTIME! So happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I saw 'Blue' and added this to my soundtrack...

Get out of my head!!!

Had that song stuck in my head the past few days, oddly only at night.
    Now what's the most embarassing confession? The fact I know the words to it or the fact I own the single. :o

What? It's a catchy tune. Only thing that came close to it was their follow up, Move Your Body. (I don't have that single......"C'mon now everybody")

Oh and the song stuck in my head during the day has been Elvis's "Lonely this Christmas". Yeah my head's like the most random jukebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Don't feel bad Castor, it is a fantastic song and I know all the words too :pac:

I'm too hyper for 11:09 at night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

(Only spotted this now, welcome back Daisies!)
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Awec is still pregnant with Panthros baby although Panthro is disputing this and has requested a paternity test
    No disputing about it, that lovechild ain't my lovechild, cos there wasn't no love between awec and myself. It was purely sexual.:eek:
    awec wrote: »
    This pregnancy lark is easy.
    You're easy...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! How are we today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Oh and this! Look, my list is growing. :D

Wonder song!
    Panthro wrote: »
    You're easy...:pac:

It certainly explains his pregnancy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all! How are we today?

Morning.. All good here GB and yourself??

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning.. All good here GB and yourself??

alright - up and down like a rollercoaster today! Just one of those days I suppose!

Donating blood later - that always makes me feel better! (although the whole "replace your sugar levels" bit isn't good when you are trying to lose weight!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

alright - up and down like a rollercoaster today! Just one of those days I suppose!

Donating blood later - that always makes me feel better! (although the whole "replace your sugar levels" bit isn't good when you are trying to lose weight!

Good luck grames...seems like only a while since you were donating before but that was platelets was it? Either way, you will need the sugar so don;t be afraid to eat it all :pac: Back to normal tomorrow :)

I'm eating all round me today after they gym - a few wheatabix, a cuppa soup, two apples....roll on lunch for an aul hang sammich (Ham for those who don't speak country)

• Advertisement

I had a vanilla latte and a bagel with eggs and bacon after my exam, I might have some soup in a short while :p

I've just had eggs, ryvita, and apple and chocolate. My lunches are a bit higgledy-piggledy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs surprising me with a very short notice friendly against Mervue tonight. Niiiiiice.

Good luck with the donating grames! :)
    I'm eating all round me today after they gym - a few wheatabix, a cuppa soup, two apples....roll on lunch for an aul hang sammich (Ham for those who don't speak country)

tumblr_lvo8i8ZYJi1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've just had eggs, ryvita, and apple and chocolate. My lunches are a bit higgledy-piggledy!

Oooh chocolate...I found a packet of flakes hiding in a kitchen cupboard earlier. Nyom nyom nyom.

Oooh chocolate...I found a packet of flakes hiding in a kitchen cupboard earlier. Nyom nyom nyom.

Hey! They were mine!

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hey! They were mine!

tumblr_m4q8dhkmpy1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Nice! Golden Crisp for me, as an incentive to get some work done!

Good luck Grames :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Flakes are still on the go?

miamee wrote: »
    you will need the sugar so don;t be afraid to eat it all :pac: Back to normal tomorrow :)

you would be an awful alcoholics annonymous sponsor!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Motivation to work = zilch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

you would be an awful alcoholics annonymous sponsor!! :pac:

I'll knock that one off the bucket list of jobs so :D

tumblr_lvo8i8ZYJi1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

It's uncanny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    Where have you been sister?!?!?!

Good to see ye back again!

Ah I've been around. ;)

You get around alright...whu whu whu

tumblr_lg4rr7V3tw1qaifa5.gif

Ah, the laminator. My old friend, we meet again.

Teaching practice? Come at me bro!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You burning the midnight oil again?

Nah, not tonight. Finishing up some resources and then heading to bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You burning the midnight oil again?

Hah, that word is in your username (Panthro's observational skillz strike yet again!)

16more mins and I am done for the day, whohoo!

I booked tickets to go see the Vancouver Whitecaps (he who mocks shall be bannnnnnnnnned!) this weekend, fooooootball hurray!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hah, that word is in your username (Panthro's observational skillz strike yet again!)

I booked tickets to go see the Vancouver Whitecaps (he who mocks shall be bannnnnnnnnned!) this weekend, fooooootball hurray!:D

The who?? Shouldn't that be soccer and not football?? :pac:

Morning all!

How are we today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I seen them! Terrible... Seriously go see the Canucks, far better and well worth the money ^^
    Also going to see them and winning usually ends up a great night.

Morning all!

How are we today?
    Morning grames, not too bad thank you. How did the donation and sugar-eating go last night?

So yeah....the tracking is out in my knee slightly it would appear.

Hopefully just a minor setback and won't be out all that long :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Morning grames, not too bad thank you. How did the donation and sugar-eating go last night?

Donation (number 29 woo hoo \o/) went really well, not a bother during or after! Bit tired a few hours later but that happens! (more the sugar come down i'd say - but I'll get to that now)

I ATE SO MUCH! couple of time outs, crisps, about 7 million biscuits, suger filled drink and a coffee....cause i mean come on.....it's coffee!!

The scales will not be my friend next week :pac:

Was never a huge fan of Time outs myself, can't remember the last time I had one tbh

Kudos on the donation though GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning all :D

D'agger the tracking is out permanently in my knees (I've bowed knees :o )and yoga is helping realign, it's great and simple! What has the physio said?

Well done on the donations Grames.

I'm eating so much junk today, got a savage take away last night! Running will hopefully burn some of it off...

Happy Payday!!! :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all :D

D'agger the tracking is out permanently in my knees (I've bowed knees :o )and yoga is helping realign, it's great and simple! What has the physio said?

She said that the tracking was slightly out and it was putting a bit of pressure on the cartilage/ligaments in the middle of my knee. She said she's not that worried about it and basically worked on my quadricep and did needle therapy.

She said my quads and glutes were tight and that this was probably causing the issue so I'm to stretch & work on those for the week and see how I go next Tuesday with another session - so was in the gym doing just that this morning

Just worried about knees because if something goes wrong with them then you're looking at a lot of time out and we're heading into hard ground!

I definitely need to sign up to yoga...my problem is that football training changes weekly!

I'm eating so much junk today, got a savage take away last night! Running will hopefully burn some of it off...

What kinda take away?? Once again I'm really hungry - didn't even do that much in the gym....must be the early start or omnomnominitus :pac:

• Advertisement

Donation (number 29 woo hoo \o/) went really well, not a bother during or after! Bit tired a few hours later but that happens! (more the sugar come down i'd say - but I'll get to that now)

I ATE SO MUCH! couple of time outs, crisps, about 7 million biscuits, suger filled drink and a coffee....cause i mean come on.....it's coffee!!

The scales will not be my friend next week :pac:
    Ah but you do feel like you NEED to eat that stuff after a donation. ALL of the stuff :D Also - congrats on number 29 - that's 20 more than me :o:D
    Was never a huge fan of Time outs myself, can't remember the last time I had one tbh

Kudos on the donation though GB
    I would never, ever buy a Time Out when buying chocolate but when they are sitting there in front of you in the canteen and you have no choice but to eat stuff, they are actually delicious :)

Ah but you do feel like you NEED to eat that stuff after a donation. ALL of the stuff :D Also - congrats on number 29 - that's 20 more than me :o:D

Thanks - yeah I hadn't realised it was that many donations - I am gonna get that porcelean dove one day!! (100 donation award!) :D

I would never, ever buy a Time Out when buying chocolate but when they are sitting there in front of you in the canteen and you have no choice but to eat stuff, they are actually delicious :)

100% agree! Especially when you haven't eaten chocolate in months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ominnicitus is contagious so could be my fault :p I've defo got it today!

A fab chicken fillet burger and chips. Might have eaten too much though :o

Stop the chocolate talk :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

D'agger, I defo recommend yoga - it's made such a difference to my running, especially my posture as I run. I need to use some poses more, actually :o

Kudos on the donation, Grames. Very well-deserved chocolate!

Had a first interview for a really deadly job this morning. Would so love to be called back for the second round. Rewarded myself with pancakes, bacon, maple syrup and an excellent cappuccino afterwards :D

Ooh a new job, Hermione*? Sending you lots of good vibes >>>>>>>>> :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Happy Payday!!! :D

Not for me, my phone bill ate about a quarter of my wages :(
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Had a first interview for a really deadly job this morning. Would so love to be called back for the second round. Rewarded myself with pancakes, bacon, maple syrup and an excellent cappuccino afterwards :D

Oooh best of luck, hope you get through!

Well done on the donation Grames :)

If someone would like to pay for me to go on holiday, I wouldn't say no :D

Best of luck Hermione - hope it all work out for ya!

So what's the job? or is it a sooper sekrit?!

Hermione* wrote: »

You're my kinda person Herm!

Best of luck with the whole process, I'm sure you'll do great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ooh a new job, Hermione*? Sending you lots of good vibes >>>>>>>>> :D
    Hopefully! Thank you :)
    Best of luck Hermione - hope it all work out for ya!

So what's the job? or is it a sooper sekrit?!
    Thanks, Grames! Can't really say what it is :( It's essentially a better version of what I do now (I'm in Finance), but I'm genuinely very excited by the job spec.
    You're my kinda person Herm!

Best of luck with the whole process, I'm sure you'll do great :)
    Thank you, D'agger. On both counts! :D
    Pancakes were awesome tbh. And a fiver! Win win.

You're Minister for Finance, too? :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement