Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

D'Agger wrote: »
    Did you turn it off and turn it on again? :pac:

That worked twice for us this weekend. Once on my phone picking up internet, once on my friend's washing machine having a hard reset to get the spin cycle working again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Banana bread? Oh yeah. :cool:

Best **** in the world.

Especially when combined with peanut butter. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    That worked twice for us this weekend. Once on my phone picking up internet, once on my friend's washing machine having a hard reset to get the spin cycle working again. :pac:

Nice catch rook ;) :pac:
    GoldCobra wrote: »
    Best **** in the world.

Especially when combined with peanut butter. :pac:

Sweet jebus how had I not thought of this!!

Peanut butter and banana goes together too damn well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I wanna go for a boozing weekend. Galway or somewhere fun like that :)
    We did this last year! Most of us have very sketchy memories of it. It was great craic! :pac:
    Sweet jebus how had I not thought of this!!
    This was my reaction, too! I have much disappoint in me :eek:
    GoldCobra wrote: »
    Peanut butter and banana goes together too damn well.
    I sometimes put peanut butter in a banana smoothie. It's amazing!

0/ all. Went to see The Script on Friday. Much better than I expected tbh.

Hermione* wrote: »
    I sometimes put peanut butter in a banana smoothie. It's amazing!

I know a few people who do this, supposed to be unreal but never really tried it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hello all 0/
    Years ago when we went on holliers to NY my american uncle introduced us to peanut butter and banana sandwiches. This was before we even had peanut butter in Ireland, it was a treat to bring home :)

We drew the line at his other favourite though...peanut butter and mayo sambo *gag*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There goes the diet!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I know a few people who do this, supposed to be unreal but never really tried it

You're missing out!

One of the kids brought me in a chocolate coin she made with 'best student teacher' written on it today. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've the office to myself. Everyone else is sick or away for the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I've the office to myself. Everyone else is sick or away for the afternoon.

Jealous.

I'm trying to be good and not eat as much rubbish. Think I'm having withdrawals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's unbelievable. The place where I worked in San Diego years ago had them, Cozzie can probably remember and will confirm.

keane2097 wrote: »

It's unbelievable. The place where I worked in San Diego years ago had them, Cozzie can probably remember and will confirm.

It was you two specifically I was thinking of :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

How are we all today?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sleepy but good grames, how are you?

In bad news, the milk has not been delivered yet and I need teaaaaaa!

Morning all!

How are we all today?

Good man, was at the gym there did a good enough session and physio later - called down to training last night just to show face and was dying to kick a ball so can't wait to get back :)
    miamee wrote: »

Getting milk delivered??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I didn't know you could still get your milk delivered. How delightful! :D

My morning's going pretty well considering my 9am double lecture was cancelled, so I can chill until 11am :)

I didn't know you could still get your milk delivered. How delightful! :D

My morning's going pretty well considering my 9am double lecture was cancelled, so I can chill until 11am :)
    Pat Mustard sure!

Damn you and your chilling!

Lol @ the lot of you, it's a big office and we need a lot of milk! *runs to check the fridge*

• Advertisement

Pat Mustard sure!

Damn you and your chilling!

It's the last chance I'll have today; I'll be working on an assignment from 2pm until about 11pm :(

It's the last chance I'll have today; I'll be working on an assignment from 2pm until about 11pm :(
    Ah unlucky!

I used to leave assignments until the last minute then do a few all nighters and scrape a pass...there's certain elements of college life I miss....that particular facet is not one of them!

Ah unlucky!

I used to leave assignments until the last minute then do a few all nighters and scrape a pass...there's certain elements of college life I miss....that particular facet is not one of them!

I've had weeks to do it, you'd think it'd be done and dusted by now :o

I'd say I'll be lucky to even scrape a pass, considering how little is done already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure by leaving assignments to the last minute, there's a better chance of only including the bare minimum. So all the essential stuff with less waffle, which leads to a better assignment overall.

Or so I believed.

Started an acting class last night, just to try and be sociable and stuff.

/mmm tea

Sounds good Castor, how was it?

I'm feelin grrrrrrrrreat.
    Bit sore from gym last night but should be fine for legs tonight. Looking forward to a tasty lunch.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure by leaving assignments to the last minute, there's a better chance of only including the bare minimum. So all the essential stuff with less waffle, which leads to a better assignment overall.

Or so I believed.

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :pac:

Cool on the class CT, hope it went well, anything interesting covered?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Finally getting back to Irish soil, my last few attempts were foiled by last minute work and indecisive peeps in the office.. :rolleyes:

But all done now so waiting in the airport, sipping a coffee and chilling out.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Still have a bastarding cold! Slightly better but srtill feels like there is an anvil in my head! :(

and on Champions League day and everything!

Have tea without milk! It is actually quite tasty and you taste the tea more!
    Good man, was at the gym there did a good enough session and physio later - called down to training last night just to show face and was dying to kick a ball so can't wait to get back :)

Show off - with your "fitness" :pac:

How goes the rehab?

Or so I believed.

That's the revised plan ;)

How was the acting class? Sounds interesting!

Still have a bastarding cold! Slightly better but srtill feels like there is an anvil in my head! :(

Have tea without milk! It is actually quite tasty and you taste the tea more!

How goes the rehab?

Boo to the cold, lots of vitamins and fluids for you. Ah the milk came eventually, no need to go mad with the tea with no milk :D

• Advertisement

Get Neurofen cold & flu - they work really well, i was dying with a flu recently and they sorted me out

How goes the rehab?

Sure if I was fit I'd be playing :pac: only doing stretching for rehab so the gym sessions have just been chest & arms, back & shoulders and core work every day.

Hoping the physio will give me some leg exercises to get working on the problem but hopefully I'll be back training tomorrow :)

Class was grand. The whole thing seemed to be just games to get comfortable with looking an eejit in front of each other and creativity and stuff. Guessing next week will be the beginning of the lessons proper. Only 4 week course. 2.5 hours each week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Group hug icebreakers? Oh yeah, fun...

Next: Trust falls. :)

Class was grand. The whole thing seemed to be just games to get comfortable with looking an eejit in front of each other and creativity and stuff. Guessing next week will be the beginning of the lessons proper. Only 4 week course. 2.5 hours each week.

Good long classes to be getting comfortable in too!!

How's everybody now it's slump time?

Good long classes to be getting comfortable in too!!

How's everybody now it's slump time?

The fact there are a few nice looking women in it too doesn't hurt. :P

Slump time is very slumpy. Falling asleep at my keyboard.

The fact there are a few nice looking women in it too doesn't hurt. :P

Slump time is very slumpy. Falling asleep at my keyboard.
    You should make some inadequate love scene jokes/references.

They'll love you for it :pac:

Also shhhlumping...need tea and water STAT

And maybe some chocolate :P

One of the kids brought me in a chocolate coin she made with 'best student teacher' written on it today. :D

And today it was a bun they'd made....trying to fatten me up, aren't they?

We were talking about the Loch Ness monster (as you do :D ) and one of the kids came out with this gem: "I believe in it...you don't need to see everything to believe in it...after all when the sun goes down at night and the moon comes out you don't stop believing in the sun."
    Proper little philosopher, but no worries, normal service resumed and went back to jabbering in my ear about ManU half an hour later.

And today it was a bun they'd made....trying to fatten me up, aren't they?

We were talking about the Loch Ness monster (as you do :D ) and one of the kids came out with this gem: "I believe in it...you don't need to see everything to believe in it...after all when the sun goes down at night and the moon comes out you don't stop believing in the sun."
    Proper little philosopher, but no worries, normal service resumed and went back to jabbering in my ear about ManU half an hour later.
    That's some solid subject matter you're teaching there kkk....also píss test that kid, I got €10 says he fails :pac:

• Advertisement

That's some solid subject matter you're teaching there kkk....also píss test that kid, I got €10 says he fails :pac:

Shup, I have plans to teach about Bigfoot tomorrow - purely because I have time to eat up AND I CAN.
    Nah they're smart kids and this one'd be serious, even today it was like "Teacher, why don't you take the dry markers off the board so you don't keep using them?"....yes, yes that would make sense! I'll never laugh at the people on are you smarter than a 10 year old again :pac:

Also making an orchestra pop quiz right now...so I'm quite enjoying this :D

Shup, I have plans to teach about Bigfoot tomorrow - purely because I have time to eat up AND I CAN.
    Nah they're smart kids and this one'd be serious, even today it was like "Teacher, why don't you take the dry markers off the board so you don't keep using them?"....yes, yes that would make sense! I'll never laugh at the people on are you smarter than a 10 year old again :pac:

Also making an orchestra pop quiz right now...so I'm quite enjoying this :D

Those kids are going places.. can we replace some bankers and gov ministers with a few of em??

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Those kids are going places.. can we replace some bankers and gov ministers with a few of em??

Sure, long as they do well in their tables test and can fold a shape properly tomorrow I'm happy out :pac:

I can haz sleepy.

I can haz sleepy.

Ask and you shall has!
    tumblr_mdjbn6FcpC1r5lc3ho1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Tickets booked for another Vancouver Whitecaps home game.
    Yeah sure, they may be sheeite, but I'm at SFA Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Passed my exam,yeoooooooooooow!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Congrats Neccie.

Morning all. Stayed up too late watching Homeland last night /yawn!

Panthro wrote: »
    Tickets booked for another Vancouver Whitecaps home game.
    Yeah sure, they may be sheeite, but I'm at SFA Saturday!

ah van city, how I miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement