Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Congrats Necronos!

I have a Pac-Man mug. The characters show up when you put coffee into the mug :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Necronos wrote: »
    Passed my exam,yeoooooooooooow!

:D:D:D:D:D
    Well done buddy :)

Waiting to get a text to see if it's tonight but I can go back training now after a horrible physio session yesterday :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I have a Pac-Man mug. The characters show up when you put coffee into the mug :D

I just went looking on ebay for cool mugs....this visa debit will ruin me financially :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I am in absolutely GREAT form today. Nothing to do with anything, nothing to do with work, just a good friend is doing a very brave and courageous and generous thing and it's put a great big grin on my face to know that there are still proper nice people out there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Well done neccy!!

Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all! Am sneezing like a big sneezy monster here all morning. I hope it's nothing too sinister, I don't want to be sick :(

miamee wrote: »
    Morning all! Am sneezing like a big sneezy monster here all morning. I hope it's nothing too sinister, I don't want to be sick :(
    Get well soon.

Can't wait for lunch - verrrrry hungry and heading for carvery :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks D'Agger, hopefully just the sniffles! Is your leg back to normal or are you still waiting on the go-ahead from the physio? Hopefully you'll be back to playing soon :)

Roll on lunch time, longest morning in aaaages!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    Get well soon.

Can't wait for lunch - verrrrry hungry and heading for carvery :)

Ahh gotta love carveys.. no on else really does them like they do in Ireland and the UK.. only problem I find is having to haul myself back to work afterwards and that mid afternoon slump is always a little tougher to get through after a feed like that.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well Mother's Day this Sunday means carvery for me. :)

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Thanks D'Agger, hopefully just the sniffles! Is your leg back to normal or are you still waiting on the go-ahead from the physio? Hopefully you'll be back to playing soon :)

Roll on lunch time, longest morning in aaaages!

Yup had physio last night, worked on what he told me to in the gym this morning and training tonight so happy days :)
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh gotta love carveys.. no on else really does them like they do in Ireland and the UK.. only problem I find is having to haul myself back to work afterwards and that mid afternoon slump is always a little tougher to get through after a feed like that.. :o

The training I'm doing today explains why I need a good feed but dear god yeah....I'm bate now after that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Congrats Nec!
    Congrats Necronos!

Aww I have one of those! Love it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Think I need to get myself a cool tea mug (as I don't really drink coffee)..

Any suggestions from the tGc'ers??

Requirements:

Must be able to keep tea warm for at least 15 mins
    Decent size mug (hate small cups)

A prize for the best suggestion - I'll buy you a pint or beverage of your choice at the next beers :)

Requirements:

A prize for the best suggestion - I'll buy you a pint or beverage of your choice at the next beers :)

This is the one I was using earlier
    http://gadgetsin.com/uploads/2010/10/officially_licensed_pacman_mug.jpg

It's my housemate's and I don't know where she got it, but the picture is from gadgetsin.com. No idea if they deliver here or anything. But it is a great mug :D

It's my housemate's and I don't know where she got it, but the picture is from gadgetsin.com. No idea if they deliver here or anything. But it is a great mug :D
    Try Debenhams for that - think I might have seen something similar there around Christmas

Try Debenhams for that - think I might have seen something similar there around Christmas

I shall have a look.. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Requirements:

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/im-the-daddy-giant-mug-p-2442.html

My flatmate got me this for Christmas. While the design may be questionable, the capacity is not.

Refilling is for girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Requirements:

Here ya go:
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/elysium.search?search=mug&pageNumber=1&searchFilters=

Some Grade A quality mugs there! I look forward to that PINT at the next beers!

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    My head is fcukin banging today :(
    Night on the tiles or just pregnancy issues??

I'm never doing a leg session in the gym the same day as training - can hardly walk today :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I wasn't out last night, dunno what's wrong with me. :(
    Did you wake up with a headache? Thar happened to me the other day, it was horrible :( Hope you feel better soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've woken up with headaches before, always put it down to dehydration.

I wasn't out last night, dunno what's wrong with me. :(
    Take all the neurofen in that case - and don't act like you don't have a stash nordy!!

Like the lads said - hydrate too, stay away from coffee for a while, although sometimes I find caffeine helps tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Tea Helps with headaches! That is a fact (that i made up)

Afternoon all!

Afternoon GB and everyone else

Headaches in the morning, nothing worse..

Its bad enough getting out of a nice warm comfy bed, but doing it with a headache is near impossible.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

It's so grey and misty here. sometimes dull weather gives me headaches.

Think only time I have headaches in the morning is if I go to bed with one. Gradually goes away though. If there's lack of sleep involved it doesn't come on til later. so Neurofen at my desk and another pack at home.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Neurofen at my desk and another pack at home.

Ya junkie!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I've woken up with headaches before, always put it down to dehydration.
    I drink 2-3 litres of water a day and several cups of herbal tea. I'd rarely have more than 2-3 cups of coffee. I'd doubt it was because I was dehydrated.

Time for coffee. It's so miserable out! :(

Hermione* wrote: »
    Time for coffee. It's so miserable out! :(

Same here, coffee and an essay. And I got soaked when I went into town earlier. Nothing about today is uplifting at all!

Ya junkie!! :pac:

Some gooood sheit!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Same here, coffee and an essay. And I got soaked when I went into town earlier. Nothing about today is uplifting at all!

It's a tough one alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I have an uplifting thing to say.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered scallops for myself. I always see them on menus and think 'i'm not fancy enough to get them' but I did today.

Yay for me!

I have an uplifting thing to say.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered scallops for myself. I always see them on menus and think 'i'm not fancy enough to get them' but I did today.

Yay for me!

Never been a fan of scallops tbh...tried 'em a while back, yick. Yay for you though!
    And welcome to the dark side :P

And my uplifting thing of the day - found out there's a workshop on for the kids on Wednesday, don't have to teach but just write a 'reflection', and it still counts as a day teaching. :D
    Day of no lesson planning? SWEET!

• Advertisement

Actually yeh they weren't that great. Very chewy.

I've never had scallops, but scampi are lovely. Not chewy at all :)

Dammit, now I want scampi. And chips.

I ordered scampi last week because I wasn't paying attention. I thought I was ordering shrimp.

I hate scampi :(

Oh dear I'm ruining the upliftingness. My bad!

I've had this stuck in my head for the last two days running, it's torture. Someone send me something even more annoyingly catchy please :)

Insanely catchy.

• Advertisement

I heard some song on the radio that was very rappy and had some distinctive melody behind it. Apparently it is in the top 5 in american charts.
    Go forth and find! :p

Nevermind... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mmhh_wvkA
    :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    I heard some song on the radio that was very rappy and had some distinctive melody behind it. Apparently it is in the top 5 in american charts.

I was just about to post that when I saw your edit :cool:

I was just about to post that when I saw your edit :cool:

I'm like totally down yo

I'm like totally down yo

<3 both of 'em!

And you so fly bluey, don't deny it.

Excellent call, have it outta my head (until the kids start singing tomorrow anyway)

I love that song.

BUT I loved it about 3 months ago when my friend sent me a link to it. Sick of listening to it on the radio now.

I rarely listen to anything beyond Nova or Lyric, so this was a new experience to me :p

I actually prefer their song from the Miller ad

Yeh I love the Miller ad song as well.

This is on the album. It makes me laugh so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeh I love the Miller ad song as well.

This is on the album. It makes me laugh so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29UMACdfyZw

Let's put every Irish stereotype ever into a hip hop song!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement