Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My chilli. Nyom

Delicious picture

Can you fedex that over to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Daisies wrote: »
    Can you fedex that over to me please?

and me! It looks delish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

No prob. I made enough for 5 people. I'll be sick of chilli by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So as you all may (or may not) know - a little over a year ago, at a tGC beers no less, I met the lovely Swapple.....well as of this week (Saturday to be precise), Swapple and I are moving in together!! :D

Thought the lovely tGC'rs should know - considering we have y'all to thank! :D

Woooooooooooooooooo \o/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

No prob. I made enough for 5 people. I'll be sick of chilli by the end of the week.

You can never be sick of chilli..

that looks fab btw.. nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

So as you all may (or may not) know - a little over a year ago, at a tGC beers no less, I met the lovely Swapple.....well as of this week (Saturday to be precise), Swapple and I are moving in together!! :D

Woooooooooooooooooo \o/

I actually just n'awwwwwd out loud at the screen!
    Congrats guys :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Woooooooooooooooooo \o/

HOUSEPAARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

at GB and Swapples place :D:D:D

oh and also, congrats guys.. :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Woooooooooooooooooo \o/
    Awww, that's fab news! Congrats to you both!!!
    When's the housewarming party? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

forget a 2 minute monologue - just go the whole hog and do this beaut:

Afternoon all!

Never saw that movie.
    Didn't even need the monologue then after getting Breakfast Club, Knight's Tale, Memento and Stand By Me.

Congrats Grames and Swapple! Moving into a new place or one moving into the other's place?

Thanks all!!

Yeah it's a new place!! Ah woo ah hoo!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Congratulations grames, she is a lucky lady :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning all.

Congrats Grames and Swapple :D

I love chilli. It needs to be cooked for hours. I also use turkey mince.

miamee wrote: »
    Congratulations grames, she is a lucky lady :D

Make no mistake about it - I am the lucky one here!!

Morning all!

Morning all!
    Oh yes we know, she's a saint :p

That she is Pem!! That she is!!

So hows yourself today?

That she is Pem!! That she is!!

So hows yourself today?
    Sure you're pretty good yourself :)

I'm good, slept well and it's a short week :)

How about you?

Knackered! I haven't really been sleeping properly recently for some reason! sure coffee will help!! nom nom nom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    G'WAN GRAMESY YE DAWG YE!

Be more Northern Irish :pac:

Morning all!

Sorry GB has to be done

tumblr_lumssw5oGb1qbnggp.jpg

Delighted for you both really and wish you all the best in your cohabitation :D

Morning all!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just got a new work laptop!

Windows 8 /bangsheadontable

ooofff.. send it back!! :D

Awec will be along soon, he has it and can explain how to use it :p I find it quite pretty :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Awec will be along soon, he has it and can explain how to use it :p I find it quite pretty :D

pretty?????? :mad::pac:

Pembily wrote: »

Windows 8 plus wmf files (who uses wmf these days) do not mix. It is pretty but SO frustrating!

• Advertisement

Isn't there a mode you can set on it to basically make it like Windows 7 again??

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

http://www.classicshell.net/

Download that, it makes the start button come back and make it look like 7 again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

[Attenborough]Here...

On the plains of Africa...

Wilderbeasts, lions and elephants gather close

As a boardsie gets to grip with curses Windows 8[/Attenborough]

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    pretty?????? :mad::pac:
    It is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Actually spent a good 5 minutes wondering what a ''bang she a don't able'' was :o

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »

Actually spent a good 5 minutes wondering what a ''bang she a don't able'' was :o
    Yoi may not be alone there … :o
    In my defence, I hadn't had my coffee at that point!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hey hermione*, I'm off to Tiny Plays tonight, I think I was telling you about that at the beers. Will let you know how it goes. When are you seeing King Lear?

Looooong day, been really busy :(

Hey hermione*, I'm off to Tiny Plays tonight, I think I was telling you about that at the beers. Will let you know how it goes. When are you seeing King Lear?
    Oh, you were! Would love to hear your opinion, thanks :)
    Going to King Lear on Friday. It's ages since I was at a play so looking forward to it.

Nearly there, D'agger!

awec wrote: »
    Fecking paddypower.com is down! :mad: :(

Ahh yer better off.. :P

First horse of Cheltenham 6/1, romped home.. g'wan ya good thing :D

Fools and their money soon part lads :D

D'Agger wrote: »
    Fools and their money soon part lads :D

Yes they do, thats why I quit after the first race.. Don't want to be greedy :D:D

I picked 3 horses yesterday, backed one.. it won, I left the other two to their own devices and they are still running.. :o

As for the rest of Cheltenham, unless there is something obvious, I'll leave it be..

Hermione* wrote: »
    Oh, you were! Would love to hear your opinion, thanks :)
    Going to King Lear on Friday. It's ages since I was at a play so looking forward to it.

Nearly there, D'agger!

Oh, enjoy Friday so, I'm looking forward to seeing it too. I must organise it soon actually!

I enjoyed Tiny Plays. I think I was more overwhelmed and amazed by it last year but the actors are all brilliant., it was great fun. The best thing is, if there is something you don't really like, it's over in about three minutes :D Definitely go have a look if you can.

The President was there too, he seemed to enjoy it :D

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yes they do, thats why I quit after the first race.. Don't want to be greedy :D:D

I picked 3 horses yesterday, backed one.. it won, I left the other two to their own devices and they are still running.. :o

As for the rest of Cheltenham, unless there is something obvious, I'll leave it be..
    I used to love it in college because it was an excuse to go drinking for a day at least - you could make a week of it depending on luck :)

Once had a great week of a €3.10 lucky 31 in cashmans - each way on 5 horses - 4 won and 1 came second so won €210, went on the lash and then went up to UL rag week....those were the days!

Morning all btw :)

Morning folks!!

Afternoon guys.

Weather here is making me :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hangover here is making me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Drinkin on a school night = zero sympathy.

:pac:

Just realised today that this is my last full working week for about 2 months between bank holidays, Good Friday, days booked off and my trip to Croatia.

Noice!

Necronos wrote: »
    Just realised today that this is my last full working week for about 2 months between bank holidays, Good Friday, days booked off and my trip to Croatia.

Noice!

I think i speak for everyone when I say:

F*cka youuuuu!!

Sure 'tis three 4 day weeks in a row now for the rest of us anyway :D (providing you are off for Good Friday).

Woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

And it's five days for me until the Easter break...counting down!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Necronos wrote: »
    Drinkin on a school night = zero sympathy.
    That's fair. Still, it's not my fault the opportunity to enchant an attractive young lady could only happen on a Tuesday night.

Well, it probably is, but...
    :pac:

Noice!
    Jerk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure 'tis three 4 day weeks in a row now for the rest of us anyway :D (providing you are off for Good Friday).

Woo!

People still get Good Friday off? Not here anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement