Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lazin' about doing feck all, getting drunk, going to rugby matches and swearing at lamp posts. :D

Moved house there back in Jan in still trying to get some of my stuff sorted out. Took me 3 weeks to get my crap out of my apartment!

How's yourself? Did you get around to finding that Ulster jersey?

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You went full retard awec...you never go full retard, everybody knows that

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Why is awec talking in the third person? If it was like 3am or something I'd understand, but at 6 in the evening? I know it's Friday and all, but still, with Paddy's Day on Sunday the weekend has to be paced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Why is awec talking in the third person? If it was like 3am or something I'd understand, but at 6 in the evening? I know it's Friday and all, but still, with Paddy's Day on Sunday the weekend has to be paced.
    He does it now and again, it's quite weird alright.

How's Canada?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hey Saturday. :cool:

How all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We have to assign heads to something.
    Right. Okay, okay, uh... ducks is heads, because ducks have heads.
    What kind of scary-ass clowns came to your birthday?

:pac:

Pembily wrote: »
    He does it now and again, it's quite weird alright.

How's Canada?

Once it's only occasional and not constant I think you're alright.

Canada is grand. I'll give you the short version; nice house; nice housemates; got bank account sorted; got phone sorted; enjoyable job. Now all I have to do is prioritize how I want to spend my money. It's currently a toss between parkour and skydiving. Ideally I'll do both, but not sure which to start with.

How's Ireland?
    Hey Saturday. :cool:

How all?

Good now TBO. Can't complain (and even if I did, who'd listen).

How's all with you?

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

All grand. Divil the bit, really. Still hasn't clicked that it's the long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

awec wrote: »
    I am the shepherd of TGC and you are my flock. Go forth with the knowledge that I will protect you til the ends of the earth. Awec is here, be content.

Yeah that's a great way to get everyone to stop posting here!! Jaysus H F*ck what was that!!

How is everyone this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Yeah that's a great way to get everyone to stop posting here!! Jaysus H F*ck what was that!!

How is everyone this evening?

Knackered tbh, been trying to get all my work for next week done so I can like...actually sleep during the week!

Oh oh OH - how was moving day?

Great!! I has an uber happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Best of luck in your new place grames

Hangover drinking...sluggish!

I keep thinking it's Kiefer Sutherland in your av, D'Agger.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I keep thinking it's Kiefer Sutherland in your av, D'Agger.
    It isn't?!

Nah man it's Gabriel Macht..amirite?
    But now you say it... what has been seen can never be unseen!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It looks nothing like Kiefer.

The moles match, in that pic Kami linked.

Hey awec, I'm drinking in a bar in Vancouver that has Harp. Just thought you should know.

Hope everyone had a good Paddy's Day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

OOOFFFFFF...

3 days of drinkin in a row.. not good. Me noggin hurts :(

All settled in GB?? Did u grab that wardrobe space?? :D

Morning all.. need food, coffee and energy.. :cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I went out and bought a Nespresso machine yesterday in anticipation of this morning's hangover. I win at life.

It isn't?!

It isn't
    Nah man it's Gabriel Macht..amirite?
    But now you say it... what has been seen can never be unseen!

youizrite
    It definitely looks like Sutherland! :pac:

I thought D'Agger was telling us all of his love for 24.

A little....and let me tell you how every season of 24 goes based on what I've seen of it
    somebody infiltrates CTU
    I went out and bought a Nespresso machine yesterday in anticipation of this morning's hangover. I win at life.

Welcome to the land of the living, say goodbye to a low heartrate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I also thought D'agger's avatar was Sutherland :o

Though I covet a Nespresso (it comes with a Clooney, right? :pac:), I'm not sure if I would love it or use it more than my Moka stovetop espresso pot. But it's so shiny so I still want it!

Miamee, I was at King Lear on Friday - AMAZING! Absolutely loved it. And there's wolfhounds on stage!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OMG, I intend to go this week...well I will have to really, it's over on Saturday. Must book it tomorrow :)

I know a man who is the image of Donald Sutherland, it is very cool...and so is he :D Gives me a giggle every time I see him.

So, if we serve Harp to Gabriel Macht, and Nespresso to Clooney, they'll want to hang out here, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miamee wrote: »
    OMG, I intend to go this week...well I will have to really, it's over on Saturday. Must book it tomorrow :)

I know a man who is the image of Donald Sutherland, it is very cool...and so is he :D Gives me a giggle every time I see him.
    Do, I really cannot recommend it enough! I hope to make the Tiny Plays next week. This week's theatre outing is John Hurt at the Gate. I'm so excited!!
    I imagine any man who looks like Donald Sutherland would have to be very cool :pac:

Morning all! How are we?

So, if we serve Harp to Gabriel Macht, and Nespresso to Clooney, they'll want to hang out here, right?

GM's got more class than that ma'boy :)
    Morning all! How are we?

Good, went to bed early and didn't go to the gym this morning so got a good rest after drinking heavily Saturday and Sunday. Game tomorrow to look forward to also

How's the new place going?

Yeah it's great - first day going from there to work today - nice walk and I get longer lie in so Saul Goode on that front! Still knackered though! Was a mental buzy weekend with the move and all, and my sleep pattern is all over the place - think I woke up about half 1 this morning and could not get back to sleep again!

Still hasn't really clocked with me though! Should do soon enough i'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm tired, very very tired.. :o

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I'm tired, very very tired.. :o
    If only there were a hot, tasty beverage that could help with this dilemma you're facing TP

*sips coffee

D'Agger wrote: »
    If only there were a hot, tasty beverage that could help with this dilemma you're facing TP

*sips coffee

Had my 3rd coffee there a while ago.. think I'm beyond the help that coffee can offer.. :o

Cocaine it is then!!

Cocaine it is then!!
    Helluva drug if Rick James is to be believed

Cocaine it is then!!

Ehhh no comment.. :p

Bit of warning - this is quite odd!

Morning.. hows everyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is it just me or is TGC gone very quiet in the last couple of weeks?

• Advertisement

hello! o/
    How's we all

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is it just me or is TGC gone very quiet in the last couple of weeks?

Yup, people seem to have deserted the place in droves.. think it was becoming too addictive.. :P

bluewolf wrote: »
    hello! o/
    How's we all

Morning BW, all good here. Hows you?

Good, seems to have been something strange happening last night as nobody seems to have slept well! bunch of people in the office and myself and on boards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yup, people seem to have deserted the place in droves.. think it was becoming too addictive.. :P

I need to start some good topics. If only my life was more interesting:p

bluewolf wrote: »
    Good, seems to have been something strange happening last night as nobody seems to have slept well! bunch of people in the office and myself and on boards
    Slept like a baby as always myself

And now to try and be productive!

• Advertisement

I would say maybe people are off living in the real world more, but i'm having a hard time convincing myself of that.

Morning!

What's this real world place you speak of?? :confused: :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    Slept like a baby as always myself

And now to try and be productive!

Oooh, look at you being all ambitious, talking about being productive. :)
    What's this real world place you speak of?? :confused: :pac:

Was a place I heard of once. Apparently you need to fly towards the second star to the right and straight on till morning, when you get that far you then need a green ring, a yellow ring, a wardrobe, a painting and a door in a wall to get to it. It's near that mythical place people like to live in called "Hope"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oooh, look at you being all ambitious, talking about being productive. :)

Well....I just got a big 'ol problem slung my way so I need to be in order to get around to that.

There's a mountain of work for me to get through in my current job :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all (barely!), how are we doing today?

I have booked some tickets to go see King Lear on Friday in the Abbey, woo! And I have some fun stuff to do after work tomorrow and a night to do nothing tonight. Oh but I am a bit sick...sad times. I have a horrible cough, if it's not shifted or at least quietened down by Friday I may be evicted from the Abbey :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement